• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
ok, maybe I am getting a bit sensitive about comments from PA.

If you would like to discuss article, and I could use some constructive and critical feedback, PM me your Perth number and I will ring you.

If not, will keep plugging along.

Last edited:
Wow what did I miss?

There have been rumblings many times before about the administration, and this goes all the way back to the world titles in Perth and possibly before. Some "lodge members" in there have been shown to be quite resilient.

Fighting the machine will not work. People know too much and that imparts a type of leverage that ensures tenure. When not under a bar, most members have careers, family and maybe even status in the community. Add a dose of Machiavelli and office can be held indefinitely. Or can it?

God i hate this man, I find it funny that there was no mention that wayne was wearing a squat suit in that video either. One thing i don't think Robert realises is that what he has done is slander, and if anyone could be bothered would be able to sue him, i personally know of one person that has said if he was mentioned at all he would have taken him to court. Wilks should just focus on his own dying fed instead of bitching about the others

As I said before, this effort was inspired by wilks.

I had rung him to join PA, but after the tv episode, I felt that an alternative summary needed to be provided.

I am also supportive of the goal of drug-free powerlifting, but defend the rights of other feds. They are all pretty good feds with a lot of decent people. Rather than spite, good old and smart competition between feds should remain the name of the game.

PA has enormous advantages, but I feel the advantages could be much better used without offending other feds and lifters.

I think that a relative outsider needs to write such a piece. And that is me.

Building upon what vonfram said, a lot of people were caught in the emerging division from the late 1980s as being on the wrong side of history,. Drug use became a no no. They are often good people who have been demonised because they chose to defend the old ways. As a result, they cant say much against the status quo, because others will merely shoot them down as easy targets.

But those in the know, know the reality is far more complex.

Last edited:
Wilks should just focus on his own dying fed instead of bitching about the others
What evidence do you have that PA is dying? It may not be experiencing the growth of GPC, perhaps but I see no evidence of it dying. To the contrary actually.

To be honest, I don't see the point in all of this, thus my lack of contribution.

Powerlifting is booming at the moment, and that's all I care about.

Nobody knows because Wilks keeps it secret
The turnouts to meets are pretty impressive though

How big were their nationals? And didn't they can their equipped comp, which was "the premier" pl event in Australia?

I couldn't care less about the health of PA, but to say they are that they are "well ahead" of the rest is a stretch without even knowing how many actual members they have.

Wilks told IPF 2013 that PA had 59 tests per 500 lifters 2012.

also told IPF PA had triple members when compared to 2010.

ASC told me only PA can tell me, Wilks does not answer requests for numbers.

clearly on this one, GPC leads way with their membership list, which is constantly updated.

Last edited:
If you're a member of PA you're a stakeholder IIRC and can ask for the membership numbers at the AGM

yes, ipf national affiliates are going down in number as well, albeit just a few.

2010 104, 2011 - 94 and 2012 - 93.

I don't know exact numbers either but as evidenced from the growth in comp numbers, the massive raw nationals, and the huge team we sent to Comms, the fed is clearly booming. Do you really doubt that PA is still reasonably larger than the others.

And equipped nationals happened it was just crap.

I suppose I could count up individuals who competed in 2013, as I did for 2012, but it takes a lot of time.

It really is a shame that such info is not available online, as gpc and Aust weightlifting is.

Last edited:
How many was at raw nationals? I thought around 100 Aussies?

116 plus 22 doing bench only (some may have doubled up). That includes a few PNG lifters invited to the meet and does not include the Pacific Invitational which had 14 lifters from various countries.

http://www.powerliftingaustralia.com/Results/2013/2013results11.htm

http://www.powerliftingaustralia.com/Results/2013/2013results12.htm

This year the numbers in the April Nats will be less as there is a time restraint on each session so it's by invite only for a set number of lifters. Those missing out can compete in August when the masters and such is happening.