• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
SP, you have no hope convincing me with your feeble points.

Like this thread states, it is about powerlifting.

While you do plead a case, I, as a researcher, look for 'all' available information on subject matter.

Now you can choose to mock me, ridicule me, but I think your comments speak for themselves.

As far as I am concerned, I have said my last word to you. People like you, i would rather not be around, if you get the drift big guy.

Last edited:
To get back to my earlier sentiment, as suggested by my link to the US experience , I am seeking ideas and commentary from lifters on how they think their feds could improve, or even why they prefer to lift in a certain fed.

So, i am hoping lifters on AusBB can contribute, either under their real names or an alias, as I near final stages of article.'

I hope that some will not fear offering their criticism, as I am sure some feds would be eager to hear concerns and ideas on how to improve.

Also, ideas about how divisions about feds can be reduced, as hard as that may be.

I started my research by writing to all four feds, but only GPC and ADFPF responded. Further info from individuals would also be useful.

So Ben, I notice you have modified every persons use of quotes in this thread.

Why is that? Because SP asked.

Do forum members know that their posts, have had quotes used removed?

Shrek, is that ok with you? Clearly, this action opposes me and favours one who now regrets making a whole lot of stated words.

This is now getting ridiculous?

Last edited:
If SP asked for it then I'm ok with it. He can ok course edit his own posts.

Last edited:
So Ben, I notice you have modified every persons use of quotes in this thread.

Why is that? Because SP asked.

Do forum members know that their posts, have had quotes used removed?

Shrek, is that ok with you? Clearly, this action opposes me and favours one who now regrets making a whole lot of stated words.

This is now getting ridiculous?

Chris its not to oppose you, its not about you. Its to protect someone who expressly asked not to be included in this publication; who has no idea what context his words are going to be used in; and who has concerns about the repercussions of their publishing if taken out of context.

yes, no worries. just asking the question.

For what it is worth, here is the paragraph I was going to use before all the fuss began. Hardly dangerous or disrespectful stuff, given the referee, probably an international expert, wants me to expand point. He or she also agreed this represented inconsistency within IPF.

'With a lack of transparency about testing evident in Australia, this may create a perception that some lifters are unfairly targeted in Australia while many are hardly subject to testing at all. While an examination of the USAPL and IPF sites indicated that some top US lifters, who have competed in major Australian events in recent years (Brad Gillingham, Randall Harris, Nick Tylutki and Blaine Sumner), have only been tested just a few times each for out-of-competition from 2010 to June 2013, one of Australia’s best lifters (Stephen Pritchard) told a forum from memory that that he had 5 out-of-competition tests in 2012 and perhaps over 20 during the period from 2006 to 2009 (AusBB 2013).'

There are earlier points that lead to the above.

As for all the PA members I quote, if I choose to, they will be merely used to reinforce a point. This concerns issues about transparency, which no member should fear having a desire to improve. Nor should they fear stating their ideas on the public record through a forum., .

I am hoping more members will participate, although I have quotes, within an understanding of context, from about ten PA lifters. It was made available to me on a public forum.

Last edited:
Spartacus, if you read through the last few pages of this thread, you'll notice something interesting. Everyone involved in powerlifting is telling you to fuck off, while those not involved are sitting around saying "sad state of affairs when you can't comment".

There is a reason for this. Pritchard is a strong guy who has helped each of us immensely. I turned up at a meet last year and missed my opening squat because of some stupid technical errors. Pritchard came and found me in the warm-up room to tell me what I'd done wrong and what I needed to concentrate on for the next attempt, never having met me before.

As well as all that, he stays out of the politics. For you (someone known for spending all their time trying to stir up trouble) to try and put him in a situation where he can be seen as supporting your message is just a dickhead move.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0ni
really? Well, that is not true, because I have quite a few powerlifters who have contributed or have encouraged me, including from PA.

Obviously some will be pissed off. What do you expect in a sport that has been divided for over 20 years?

Last edited:
[MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION]; bit of a dog act bro.

On a serious not who edits your articles your grammar is atrocious, do you actually get paid for this stuff?

grammar, never bother til last draft.

Why is it a dog act Brick?

If you are talking about SP comment in article, i have already said I am removing his name. I never thought that use would cause problems.

Last edited:
grammar, never bother til last draft.

Why is it a dog act Brick?

If you are talking about SP comment in article, i have already said I am removing his name. I never thought that use would cause problems.

Ok sorry I thought you were going to quote him on record from stuff posted on the forum despite his objection. Although that's probably all legal to do (public domain etc) I still think it'd be a bit of shit thing to do.

Just wondering about the grammar & sentence structure cause of the extract you posted but if it's not edited cool.

Brick, I am not a great writer, but I am good at getting evidence.
Remember I was a factory worker and labourer from the age of 17 to 34 before I went back to school to finish year 12.

I take no offence at grammar criticism. the sentence is confusing, too long, and needs to be broken up.

Also, I was going to check with SP before final draft, in case he did not want even that mentioned. If you read back earlier of PMs to him, I had reasonable intentions with what I asked of him.
I will not mention his name in article in accordance to his wishes.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Maybe in 20 years time people in what's left of the PL community will talk of spartacus much in the same manner as Wilks is generally talked about now.

Thanks sandman, I thought you thought better of me. I will never be seen in the same light as Wilks, far different persona which will be reflected in the balance of the article, despite my preference for drug-testing.

Didn't realise no one had the right to research a sport and point out strengths and weaknesses of a nation's approach.

Ok in the USA, but not here, hey.

As the ASC told me, it conducts no research on Aust powerlifting. Perhaps we should leave it to a version that could be provided by Wilks. I think only some PA lifters would be happy with that.

Last edited:
Thanks sandman, I thought you thought better of me. I will never be seen in the same light as Wilks, far different persona which will be reflected in the balance of the article, despite my preference for drug-testing.

Didn't realise no one had the right to research a sport and point out strengths and weaknesses of a nation's approach.

Ok in the USA, but not here, hey.

As the ASC told me, it conducts no research on Aust powerlifting. Perhaps we should leave it to a version that could be provided by Wilks. I think only some PA lifters would be happy with that.
Merely pointing out that you seem to be quite the divisive figure at the moment. How that plays out in the long run remains to be seen. I have no problem with Wilks, nor you.

Where did I mention that there is no right to research a sport, here or abroad? I don't think that comment is germane to what I was indicating.