• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
SP, as you are a media rep for PA, i am hoping to get informaiton from you concerning PA: no. of members, annual budget and so on.

Is there are a formal way of gertting this information?

Just to let anyone concerned know, i am not out to cause trouble to anyone, although some details may be critical of the politics of powerlifting by key players.

At this stage, i am asking 'Can an effective drug-testing program be implemented in a sport with many different federations: Powerlifting, the Australian experience'.

Of course, some feds may not want to; i am merely investigating the possibility with info going back to late 1980s. It needs to be said, although i am sure some will say why bother.

Last edited:
Just to let anyone concerned know, i am not out to cause trouble to anyone, although some details may be critical of the politics of powerlifting by key players.

At this stage, i am asking 'Can an effective drug-testing program be implemented in a sport with many different federations: Powerlifting, the Australian experience'.

Of course, some feds may not want to; i am merely investigating the possibility with info going back to late 1980s. It needs to be said, although i am sure some will say why bother.

Don't use too many big words, or complex arguments, avoid being a visionary, make no reliable forecasts........ and be prepared for a barrage of insults

Who decides who gets tested in PA.

Wilks, Pa as a board (Probably Wilks anyway) or ASADA.

Or is it ASADA under advisement from PA cough Wilks?

*Deleted Quote*

Really? Thats a shock to me.

How does ASADA choose? Just random selection from the PA membership list? Then perhaps a few additionals in the top 10-20?

Last edited by a moderator:
winners / record breakers and then random I believe
Spritcha gets tested a lot, it's probably the bear pheromones

If you achieve an elite total (according to PA's grading scale), you go on ASADA's registered testing pool (RTP). This is where you need to provide whereabouts information, ie you have name a time and place you will be available for random testing any day of the year (ie like olympic and professional athletes).

If you aren't an elite lifter, you can be randomly targetted at any comp. Usually they will go for the winners, anyone going for a record etc, then pick people randomly to fill up the remaining time they have available during the day.

Really? Thats a shock to me.

How does ASADA choose? Just random selection from the PA membership list? Then perhaps a few additionals in the top 10-20?
They appeared at the last local WA comp. Tested 3 or 4 lifters. I think they were all novices and about as far away from elite as you can get. We were guessing that they were perhaps trying to catch out a neophyte who naively used banned stims in defunct pre-workout supps.

*Deleted Quote*
Yeah, they don't know how to take a joke. Wouldn't pose with a couple of guys for a photo and didn't think my jokes were funny when they tested me.
Baxter has told me about how disrupting they can be to plans. Another friend tested out of comp couldn't understand why they were shocked that he was about to leave the house for work when they rocked up. Clueless.

That's some serious invasiveness that you mention there.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, it is siure tough for elite sports men and women in Aust.

In comparison, the USAPL had less than 10% of tests out of comp, and very few tests done by a WADA lab.