• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rapid Fat Loss diet by Lyle McDonald

Thanks mate :)

I should mention that I had commenced carb refeed by the time I got to the dexa place and was already about 1kg heavier than lowest weight. Not sure exactly how glycogen stores & sodium loading etc would affect a dexa scan though?

Yes this is a question that crossed my mind the last time... Next time I get a dexa im doing it fasted...

I also noted that my dexa showed I was 2kg heavier then my actual weight... Is this something you have experienced?

I think there scales read about .5kg heavier than mine at home.

I would have liked to have done it fasted for the second one as well but I was up at farkin' 4am or something stupid and absolutely starving haha.

I think there scales read about .5kg heavier than mine at home.

I would have liked to have done it fasted for the second one as well but I was up at farkin' 4am or something stupid and absolutely starving haha.

Scale?

Did they weigh you?

I did mine in Sydney... The weight given was based off the Dexa Scan...

thanks. did you get the consult? was it worth it?

As it was my first I got the consult...

The consult just explains the dexa... Its a fairly basic description...

He also gave me suggested macros based on my dexa for weight loss... To date they have been spot on...

2400 cals a day on rest days
3000 cals a day 3 times a week on training days

210gram protein
210gram carbs
80 fats

Although I don't worry about macros... I just make sure I get over 150grams of protein a day... And average 2657 cals a week...

So I eat around 2400 cals every day... Then at some stage during the week I eat 1800 extra for shits and giggles...

That's heaps more expensive than Brissy one. I just got the 4 for $200 pack which includes the consult. It's just brief but they explain the key points. No macros given. (and I don't really need that bit anyway).

I think the initial one is normally $88 and then $66 subsequent.

Yeah...

I didn't expect to recieve a macros break down... But Im very happy with the results of eating at that level...

The main reason I got one was to identify my BF% as I want to get down to 12%...

Dexa showed 114kg @25%

He gave me a number of 97kg to get down to 12%

Im currently at 107.2kgs and losing around 600 grams a week...

When I go for my next dexa Ill just get the scan...

Yes this is a question that crossed my mind the last time... Next time I get a dexa im doing it fasted...

I also noted that my dexa showed I was 2kg heavier then my actual weight... Is this something you have experienced?

same when I had mine done at measure up.

Got given 2300 to get to 95 - was 110kg 27% bf at time of scan according to the scan
home weight was 108.
currently 106kg

Last edited:
same when I had mine done at measure up.

Got given 2300 to get to 95 - was 110kg 27% bf at time of scan according to the scan
home weight was 108.
currently 106kg

2kgs as well....

Wondering if it is something in there set up????

Race you under 100kg mate!

Bump.
Might be time to hit this up for the remaining 4 weeks of the year.
Training hypertrophy mostly atm so strength clearly ain't a goal while dieting.
Let's see how long I can hang on :p

Gentle cardio in rapeys opinion, don't want to stress the body too much just burn some excess calories. Just walk up and down some hills for 1/2 hour to and hour 2-3 times a week.

Just looking out for you :) Trust me, you will not want to do anything more than you have to. The training is only for LBM retention so volume should be low. Hypertrophy is not going to happen on such low cals.

Each time I've done it, I've felt very lethargic during the day but come gym time I was still good to go. I don't know if I was just thinking it but I seemed to have a bit more joint pain than normal. (knees)

Also, got tired very early at night. You are cat 1 right? 12 days max.