• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rack pull for hammy DOMS hight ROM help sumo

McFLy

super m0derator
So I done squats on Wednesday today is Thursday, DOMS is kicking in the hammys big time esp coz I squat sumo. I also DL sumo as well which is on back day on saturday and not sure if i will reviver by then. I try to space squats and d/ls as far apart as Much as i can but if punish legs it sometimes carries over.

Now my question is to make my DL on occasions like this strictly a back movement what hight should I set the pins at ? Keeping In mind sumo has a shorter ROM so would below knees be optimal or would it be lower taking in to the ROM and hip hight difference ect?

How long have you been lifting like this and with this frequency.
You will get used to it mate, funnily enough the thing that has helped me with squat doms is to simply squat more often, especially a few light sets after deads.

336.654mm

A deadlift is done from the floor, if you want an optimal height, do it from there.

How long have you been lifting like this and with this frequency.
You will get used to it mate, funnily enough the thing that has helped me with squat doms is to simply squat more often, especially a few light sets after deads.

Been training 10 years on and off but more serious the last 3. Recently switched to sumo on both styles due some knee issues and both styles feel more comftorble for my body type. so my hammys haven't caught on to what's going on yet conditioning wise. Compared to leg curls they are in shock the poor kents lol plus I was training each body part part twice a week low volume but de loading now for a few weeks for a rest prob 6 in total rest weeks till i recharge and have upped the intecity and volume.

So till my hammys catch on what height u reckon ? I don't want to really train parts that haven't recovered ESP in my recharge phase when I'm on a cut

You are saying your hammies are not up to pulling sumo and you want to fix it by working your hams less.

You are saying your hammies are not up to pulling sumo and you want to fix it by working your hams less.

What I'm saying is I want to give them good recovery till they strenghn pushing them and kicking them when there down will only weakn them and over train them setting them back either with injury or fatigue . so I want to know a good hight so set pins for sumo rack pulls so I can limit there involvement in

At no height can you make the Deadlift a purely back exercise so your point is moot anyway.

Would it not be better to back of the intensity until your body gets more used to the techniques.

What I'm saying is I want to give them good recovery till they strenghn pushing them and kicking them when there down will only weakn them and over train them setting them back either with injury or fatigue . so I want to know a good hight so set pins for sumo rack pulls so I can limit there involvement in

Just pull from the floor and working them again won't weaken them.

True I will just pull from the floor and not be a bitch lol the ****s need toughness...so they better pull there fkn heads in b4 deadlift day saterday coz I'm going all out on them !!!!