• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

I dont mean in general. He cleans 125kg okay.

Last night his 110kg clean felt hard, though he agrees it looked rather easy.

Dicko, Max is bigger, no question, but 4kg lighter than he was at Worlds.

The shirt he wore at Worlds doesnt come close to fitting him now.

Its the reason he is not concerned with scale weight at the moment. He weighed 79kg at Worlds but is only 75kg now, yet ALL his lifts are higher now.

He has set PB's in the squat, both singles and reps, bench press reps, cleans, jerks and MP.

This week T Nation did an article on the diet he has been doing for a couple of months now.

His body is also responding to 6 full body sessions a week. Most would laugh at that, saying he is over trained.

Maybe the magic IS in the Titan gear that Minh has so kindly provided. The guys are loving the shirts and shorts. I know Minh is low on stock at the moment, but it is pretty good quality.

Max seems to hit a PB every time he lifts in it lol

Scale doesn't mean much. I just found some photos of myself 5 years ago when I was about 90kg wearing certain shirts I still own, and they were very loose. Those shirts are tight fitting now and I'm 85kg.

I need to get those magic Titan gears from Minh then. :p

Speaking of magic, wouldn't Gawain's special protein shakes help too? I need to get some but can't find Gawain's website. Could you please post the address up, Markos?

Edit: never mind, I found it: http://www.powerprotein.com.au/

Tiny Dancer, come into PTC with Minh one day, he gets in there about once a week lately, pick up the protein cheap at the PTC rate.

Dont worry, you wont catch steroids, we wipe the benches down lol

Scale weight is so true. I'm upto 90kg wearing 34 inch pants. A year ago I was 90 wearing 38s. Stronger too.

Scale weight is so true. I'm upto 90kg wearing 34 inch pants. A year ago I was 90 wearing 38s. Stronger too.

Yeah hey.

14 months ago I was 88kg, I'm now pushing on 104 with an inch off my waist and a drop in BF% according to my scales.

Yeah that is good, though I'm trying to get as close to 110kg as I can. Losing a bit of fat is a nice bonus, but won't worry about that too much till I'm closer to 110.

On another forum a MMA guy is getting stronger whilst staying the same weight. It's good what proper training can do for you.

EDIT: What Max is doing is pretty awesome though, you rarely see someone doing all three at once.

Last edited:
Tiny Dancer, come into PTC with Minh one day, he gets in there about once a week lately, pick up the protein cheap at the PTC rate.

Dont worry, you wont catch steroids, we wipe the benches down lol

I fear nothing. My PA membership card will protect me from those, like a crucifix necklace does to vampires. :p Will come one day.

I have some funny stories to tell about lies perpetrated by some to influence lifters one way or another.

One day, maybe Monday lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D38T-0I24s[/ame]

Theres more of that Blaine Sumners guy for you Markos.

Last edited:
Daryl got in front of Max on the bench tonight, he got 100kg x 7, Max got 6, Alen got 4

On the squats, Max did 140kg x 12, Daryl got 11, Alen did 150kg x 6

On the deadlift, Daryl got 180kg x 2, Alen got 6 I think, Max got 180kg x 10

The boys are pushing each other well, they looked splendid in their matching shirts, faggots

I told them that my novice standards of 100/140/180 are altered from the original US system, which is 200/300/400lbs. Translated its 91/137/182.5kg, I simply rounded it off.

I told them they should aim for 20 reps on each of the original US ones, I reckon thats a fair achievement.

They want to eventually get 20 reps on 100/140/180kg

we'll be waiting a few years for that lol

I dont know anyone under 200lbs (91kg) that can do that. It was originally set for a sub 200lb lifter

Can anyone reading this do 200/300/400lb x 20 weighing under 200lb??????

I will Markos, one day ;)

challenge-accepted.jpg

I dont know anyone under 200lbs (91kg) that can do that. It was originally set for a sub 200lb lifter

Can anyone reading this do 200/300/400lb x 20 weighing under 200lb??????

Benched 95kg for 22 or 23 reps @ 93.5kg

Deadlifted 200kg for 3 x 12 @ 90kg

Squatted 152.5kg for 20 reps at 94.5kg

I could do it if I trained at 90kg for a few months but I dont think I'll ever be that light again.

That 90kg bloke who squatted 280kg at ProRaw1 would do them all using only one limb lol.

Last edited: