• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Daryl squatted 140kg x 11, 140kg x 6, 140kg x 8
Max squatted 140kg x 12, 140kg x 6, 140kg x 11
Alen squatted 150kg x 8

They also repped 100kg on the bench, repped 180kg on the dead

Kate and Lou squatted 50kg x 10

Sussy benched 65kg(40kg bar/25kg chains)
Nina benched 70kg(45kg bar/25kg chains)

Alen squatted 150kg x 8

Sussy you rip! Good work girls...
Oh alright, you boys as well :D

It wasnt a proper BP eje, it was with chains, bar weight on chest 40kg, 65kg at top

Do you have that vid of your 60kg unspotted bench, the girls are hanging to see it

The Australian Record is only 42.5kg in the 52kg class.

If indeed you can bench 60kg without anybody touching the bar, as in the videos I've put up of the girls benching, you dont just break the NR in your class, you destroy it.

Thats why were all keen to see this record breaking bench press

In fact, the WORLD RECORD bench press in the 48kg class is only 65kg

Please post up your 60kg bench press eje

It wasnt a proper BP eje, it was with chains, bar weight on chest 40kg, 65kg at top

Do you have that vid of your 60kg unspotted bench, the girls are hanging to see it

The Australian Record is only 42.5kg in the 52kg class.

If indeed you can bench 60kg without anybody touching the bar, as in the videos I've put up of the girls benching, you dont just break the NR in your class, you destroy it.

Thats why were all keen to see this record breaking bench press

In fact, the WORLD RECORD bench press in the 48kg class is only 65kg

Please post up your 60kg bench press eje

PTC, it wont be unspotted, sorry to dissapoint you. And I cant assure you it will be 60kg. If you have a look at some of my posts form this morning, you will see that i have again repeated that when i tried the unspotted/paused bench, it took me back to 40kg and how difficult it was. I also told you this in the female training ptc style thread a while back. I have the utmost respect for your girls sir.
The best I can get for you is just the everyday thursday bench work in my session, what that ends up being, we shall see. There is no reason why it wont get to 60kg. I will be giving it 110% as usual, but it will be as usual, cause if it interupts the session or i dont perform to standard, i'm in big trouble with my trainer.
I never promised any record breaking footage Markos, If it motiavtes the girls to see a little shrimp training hard then good and im happy to share it with you and if its not...well, i will just keep watching your girls.

edit: addit - im glad we got the chance to clarify this, before i posted anything. im not pretending to be something im not, i cant work out if you are trying to make out that i am or not. all i know from my trainer is im progressing well in the gym. i dont know whats good and whats not, whats records and if you look at my diary i think you can see that. Why are we hyjaking your thread with this anyway?

Thanks for explaining bout sussy and the bench, i still think she rips.

Last edited:
Oh, okay, you said close spot, I didnt know that meant the guy spotter was actually touching the bar, my bad, I'm not familiar with spotting as its not allowed in competition, therefore its not allowed in my gym.

Still, a 40kg bench is okay.

I read your thread earlier about you benching more than you squat, you said you benched 60kg.

As a powerlifting based gym, we are ALWAYS interested in record breaking performances.

Are all your lifts spotted eje? Is this the way your trainer has you lift? If so, can you ask why he doesnt just reduce the weight on the bar so YOU can lift it.

This is the strength section, not bodybuilding, so these are relevant questions, as once a bar is touched by ANYONE, its a failed lift.

Not the same in bodybuilding training, thats all.

Thanks for clarifying your bench press is 40kg eje

Oh, okay, you said close spot, I didnt know that meant the guy spotter was actually touching the bar, my bad, I'm not familiar with spotting as its not allowed in competition, therefore its not allowed in my gym.

Still, a 40kg bench is okay.

I read your thread earlier about you benching more than you squat, you said you benched 60kg.

As a powerlifting based gym, we are ALWAYS interested in record breaking performances.

Are all your lifts spotted eje? Is this the way your trainer has you lift? If so, can you ask why he doesnt just reduce the weight on the bar so YOU can lift it.

This is the strength section, not bodybuilding, so these are relevant questions, as once a bar is touched by ANYONE, its a failed lift.

Not the same in bodybuilding training, thats all.

Thanks for clarifying your bench press is 40kg eje

Like i have said Markos, i just do what im told. Most of them are spotted, his hands are on the bar cause i weigh 46kg, have stick arms and i dont want my teeth or throat smashed. If i record in my journal that ive done 5 reps, it means that there were another 2 or 3 after that where he did assist slightly, i always ask, how many did i have, i can feel when he's assisting?

im not talking formal powerlifting rules (as discussed in the recent raw elite thread) and 1RM's when i talk about my training. Im just a beginner. I dont pretend to be anything else.
Might skip on the vid, wait till there is something worth posting hey.

He should keep his hands off the bar unless you need assistance. If he has to assist you on every rep of every set then the weight is too heavy for you. If you feel like you are going to lose the bar if he doesn't hold (stabilise) the bar for you then all the more reason for him to stop touching the bar. Lower the weight and bench yourself.

He should keep his hands off the bar unless you need assistance. If he has to assist you on every rep of every set then the weight is too heavy for you. If you feel like you are going to lose the bar if he doesn't hold (stabilise) the bar for you then all the more reason for him to stop touching the bar. Lower the weight and bench yourself.

yep, thanks for the advice

If he says some bs about "overloading" then he's wrong, cos if there's 60kg on the bar and he's pulling 20kg of it then you're still back to the 40kg you do by yourself.
I can understand if you get 3 by yourself then he helps with the last couple but not rep 1

Yep, like i said, thanks everyone for your advice, if you want to put it over in my training journal then go ahead but this isnt the right place.

Alen squatted 150kg x 8

Nice lifting. How many reps is Max getting with 100kg on the bench??

He is adding 1 a week till the comp, he is up to sets on 6 reps. He only needs to bench 95kg on the day. He got 13 with 90kg last week.

Very good lifting today

Gareth deadlifted 205kg x 3
Rory pulled 200kg x 2
Jonathon deadlifted 190kg and squatted 157.5kg
Wayne squatted 137.5kg
Will squatted 100kg, he's just started squatting, he is on the 125kg bench program
Daryl C&PP 90kg
Max C&J 110kg, he has more which you'll see in the vid, but this is a PB we think. Its been so long since he has C&J that no one remembers. He could possibly put 120kg overhead now I think.
Mick did 1 arm UDL's with the 80kg KB

Lots of other lifts, cant remember them all

Mick and Kat are back from Japan, Pierre is back from Thailand. None of them have lost much strength.

Pierre will be joining ProRaw, he is spewing he was overseas for the first one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKbmHnNhZa8]YouTube - IMG 04351[/ame]

lol

Before Max took up PL in March 2010, he was training for OL with Armando in my garage.

He hurt his back sitting in the full smatch position for 10 seconds, missed my AD10 comp, was gutted, and quit OL in February 2010. His lifts at the time had him qualified at National level, all done in a garage.

He is easily a better OL than PL, even though he won the Worlds at PL.

He just loves lifting weights. He classes himself as a lifter, period. OL is a great training tool, not sure its what he wants in the way of competition.

Maybe a Superman comp, 3 PL and 2 OL, biggest total wins

Now theres a thought for a comp

Squat
Snatch
Bench
C&J
Deadlift

He jerked 120kg behind the head from racks at BATB3 in Sept 09, has power cleaned 125kg last week, but we think that 110kg C&J may be a PB. Its been over a year since he has done them, as he has been PL since March.

Either way, that was a no effort lift. He could possibly jerk what he can clean at the moment. He commented the clean felt harder than the jerk.