• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Went to FitX yesterday, it was great to see so many PTC lifters there. We spent most of the day around the Ironedge stand and the stage.

For those of you that get my newsletters, heres what happened yesterday, and exactly what I've been talking about.

Max got pretty crook on Wednesday night. Jeese, Nina have all been hit with the same bug.

He didnt train on Thursday or Friday, he hardly ate a thing. On Saturday he did a light full body session, 160kg squat, 100kg bench, 200kg dead, all for a few singles. He still wasnt eating.

Sunday morning were ready to go to FitX, but he feels like shit. He asks Nina to boil him up some of that Immune System brew she makes, garlic, ginger, chilli, lemon, honey.

We get to the show and rock up to the Ironedge stand, we meet Jack, Wayne,Sussy, Sean, Mick, Kat, Jason and a few others there.

Rick wants some action. He asks Max to do some Cannonballs with the 80kg KB. Max is not feeling to good, but he does it for Rick because he does so much for us, and Rick doesnt know Max is crook.

He knocks out 10 reps, a big crowd is gathering. Rick asks Max to do some box squats.

Max is in his cargo shorts, flat sole kicks. No sleeves, no squat shoes. He needs to walk the weight out quite a few meters because of where the Matrix rack is positioned. He is now in an isle. The crowd is getting very large.

He starts with 50kg, 70kg, 100kg, 150, 170kg and finally does 200kg x 3. He is crook, wrong shoes, wrong shorts, no sleeves, lifted yesterday. He was probably only 71-72kg yesterday, yet with all those wrong conditions, crook, on a non training day, in a strange place, having to walk out 200kg around 3 metres, he got it done.

Thats why when these "elite" powerlifting coaches try and talk to him about technique, he laughs at them. If they knew how low his opinion was of them, they wouldnt talk to him. He's too nice to say anything. If this resembles anyone reading this, fuck off.

Like Max always says, Anytime, Anything, Anywhere, thats what he trains for.

It was great to see everyone watching give him a rousing hand of applause, yet no one else new how sick he was.

A few people filmed it, it may end up on Youtube. Setanta Ohailpin was watching, Max got a pick with him later.

A LIFTER who competes in powerlifting, not a powerlifter

Markos,

Big fan of the anytime and place philosophy, but curious as to why you think improving technique and it are mutually exclusive?

Not exclusive in my opinion

But strength seems to miss the bus quite often

I've seen guys who wouldn't place in a girls comp improving technique while ignoring the obvious

I think we might have our wires crossed Mahoney. I'll explain.

Lets say a guy is a weak bench presser. Instead of getting stronger, he widens his grip, arches up as high as he can, touches lower on the chest.

Rather than get stronger, he reduces the ROM.

Thats exactly what a powerlifter should do.......once he can bench bodyweight.

Its just not what we do, thats all.

I had a former CAPO lifter walk into PTC tonight. His wife is a physio doing some work at the Dolphins, she commented on our gym and said her husband competed in CAPO, and once in PA. He was at the beach, so she asked him into the gym. He hung around for a while, he was impressed that we all lifted raw

He'll be competing at the CAPO States, and the ProRaw rep challenge

Adelaide first I think, and it will depend on how his training is going.

He was doing well in the garage, then lost his licence for speeding. Six months on the sidelines was a blow.

Since then, we got a platform and heaps of room for him.

A large group of us are going to dinner with Armando on Saturday night, we want to hear stories of his lifting career, stuff that happened abroad, in the gym, behind closed doors.

I'm not sure if you know much about what happened with prominent people in the sport a few years ago Pete, but not everyone resides in Australia anymore lol

There is a great book on the subject

I'll ask him tomorrow, he told me previously but I have forgotten.

Little Daryl benched 150kg off the 3 board today, Jack got 130kg, Alen and Max 125kg.

old James pulled 190kg, on his way back from his illness. He wont be at his best at States, but he'll still be there competing