• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC LIfting workshops

Thanks a lot for today really helped me out with my squat. Came out with a better knowledge of how to squat and got a 100kg pb out of it too :)

Hey everyone, I'll be posting up details tomorrow as I need to get up early and just don't have time to post up tonight (there are some new announcements). Sorry for the delay.

Thomas, you've got it right bud 11am Sunday.

Chris

Alrighty, some large changes to the workshops that I would like to make everyone aware of.

Pricing
First and foremost, the pricing of workshops will be different. The casual rate will be $20 per person, with the option to purchase a 'cycle' as a package for $60 (working out to be $15 per workshop). For those who are unfamiliar, a cycle refers to a complete four week cycle of workshops: an olympic lift, overhead press and deadlift, bench press, and the squat.

Because 'shit happens', those who purchase a cycle will be allowed one make up workshop - should you happen to miss one for any reason.

I understand that this will be the least popular change, and all I ask is that you weigh this against the value provided - I know of no other event where you get access to a quality movement coach and master physiotherapist for 2-2.5 hours for $20... not even close.

Additional content
I will also be adding more to the workshops - with the inclusion of mobility issues and options related to the lifts, and an (optional) conditioning session at the conclusion of the workshop.

Workshop organisation / structure
The other big change will be the organisation of the workshops. As I mentioned, the squat workshop was too large for me to comfortably coach and I do not want this to become the norm. Thus, workshops will now be limited to EIGHT attendees per session, and operate on both Saturday and Sunday. This allows me to give everyone the attention they deserve, and will hopefully provide greater access to the workshops for those with variable work commitments etc.

In order to accommodate such a change some form of booking will be necessary. At this stage I will be trialing a facebook event booking system. I will post up an event for bot the Saturday and Sunday sessions, and those wishing to attend may click attend and +1 comment. If you are bringing a friend, +2 etc. Honour system will apply - first come, first served and I ask that you do not reserve a spot unless you are sure you can make it.

Events will be posted from my facebook account: Christopher Mooney | Facebook

I will, of course, continue to post updates/details in this thread.

This method of organisation is largely an experiment, and I am open to alternative suggestions. Those who do not have facebook can contact me at fitstrongfast@gmail.com or on zero four five zero seven eight five five seven zero to reserve a spot.

I realise that these changes are quite large, but they are intended to provide a better level of service for those who attend - smaller workshops equals a better quality of coaching.

To those who have attended and supported the workshops thus far, thank you very much! It's always good to meet and work with those looking to improve.

This weeks' events pages:
Saturday: Due to other commitments, this Saturday will not have a session. Saturday sessions will resume as of next week.

Sunday:Technique Workshop 5.2.12 @ 11am | Facebook

Questions / feedback:
Should you have any questions or feedback you wish to ask/provide, please feel free to ask me here or email me at fitstrongfast@gmail.com.

Last edited:
Still a very good price for the coachin and use of the gym. The information has been invaluable!

What: Power clean + conditioning
When: 5.2.12 (Saturday) @ 11am
Where: PTC Sydney, Unit 2, 41-43 Day St North, Silverwater
Cost: Casual visit $20

Chris... On the face book page you have put the above date... See you Sunday...

Todays' power clean workshop was only three people but this worked out well. Lee came down from Newcastle so that was pretty awesome.

Saw good progress on the clean, got some great mobility work in with the guys to improve the rack position, and ended the session with some prowler pushing and rope work (always popular).

Will have the squat vid up asap, aiming for this evening - apologies for slacking, there is just a tonne of footage. Hopefully have todays vid up tonight as well.

Thanks for coming guys, hope you had a good time - much easier telling people to push the prowler than actually doing it :p

(Note: Although Lee came close, there was no outbreak of prowler flu today... the guys got through 5 rounds of prowler/rope work pretty well)

Chris

Edit: One other note, next cycle I will rotate the snatch in place of the power clean.

Squat Video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPDMIBq4NCY[/ame]

Last edited:
Some footage from today:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clD7p5cusmA]Workshop 5.2.12 - YouTube[/ame]

My goal for today was to have everyone leave competent at the power clean. While I wouldn't say I achieved this 100%, Tom and Lee left with a much greater understanding of what is required and how to work on things (in addition to a better looking clean).

Daniel will require more time as he has some proprioception issues, just means more practise :D

I'll post up details for next weekend tomorrow.

It was awesomesauce (except for that devils sled thing, that sucked! :) ) i learned a ton and it was well worth the drive. Looking forward to the next one

great to see some more progress!

I just grabbed that squat vid too. Squatting tonight, was a good reminder of what i need to work on. be using my camera :p

Details for this weeks' workshops:

What: Overhead press and deadlift workshop
When: Saturday 11.2.12 @ 11am / Sunday 12.2.12 @ 11am
Where: PTC Sydney, Unit 2, 41-43 Day St North Silverwater
Cost: Non-members $20

Workshops limited to EIGHT attendees. Please reserve your spot by 'attending' the event and commenting +1. If you are bringing a friend/s, please indicate via commenting +2 etc.

Please note: Due to other commitments, the physio will be present ONLY at the Saturday workshop this week.

Reserve your spot:
Saturday: Deadlift & OHP Workshop 11.2.12 (Saturday) | Facebook

Sunday: Deadlift & OHP Workshop 12.2.12 (Sunday) | Facebook

Pondering things a little...

Would there be any interest in a regular (one or two nights each week for example) Olympic lifting group? Likely limited to four people, if there is more interest than that more than one group would be needed.

My line of thought being that it is always going to be difficult to teach an Olift when the point of contact is once a month (if that).

If this were to go ahead, the power clean would stay in the workshop rotation permanently and full cleans/snatches would be done on the Olift night each week.

Thoughts? Interest?

Side note: at present I am only expecting one participant on Sat and one on Sun for the workshop this weekend (some have pulled out which is unfortunate but to be expected). I am in the process of seeing if I can get both on Sun, if you have not yet reserved a spot please do so asap so I don't cancel on people I don't know are coming.