• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC LIfting workshops

sunday is good. dont think i'll make the bench session unfortunatley...might get you to check it out for me on the squat day if thats ok mate.

Will these sessions be run throughout the year? I'd love to attend but January is not a great month for me to travel down from Newie

Yeah they'll run as long as people make use of them mate.

Every four weeks the 'cycle' of workshops will repeat. Next go around they will be in this order:

Power clean
Overhead press + deadlift
Bench
Squat

Some footage from the deadlift workshop:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeCzoT580Z4]Workshop 14.1.12 - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah they'll run as long as people make use of them mate.

Every four weeks the 'cycle' of workshops will repeat. Next go around they will be in this order:

Power clean
Overhead press + deadlift
Bench
Squat

Sweet! I'll make it to at least one in the next cycle.

Can finally load ausbb pages again, awesome.

Had five people turn out for the bench workshop. Lots of positive changes, although 100% tightness still eludes the majority so for anyone reading this you know what you can focus on :)

Thanks to those who came out, special mention for Thomas who shared my prowler pain after the workshop.

Some footage from the day:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqjCDbX3_5Q]Workshop 21.1.12 - YouTube[/ame]

The next workshop will be the squat, details below:

What: Squat
Where: PTC Sydney - Unit 2, 41-43 Day St North, Silverwater
When: 29.1.12 (Sunday) @ 11am
How much: Non-members $10

As always, the more the merrier.

Those who own weightlifting shoes, I recommend bringing them on the day. There are a number of pairs around at PTC Sydney but obviously cannot guarantee fit/availability.

We will primarily be going over the LOW BAR squat. If you squat high bar that is perfectly fine, though... I won't ignore you :p

Chris

I squat low bar in Oly shoes and prefer it, personally.

Apart from that if people have mobility issues at the ankle it can help immensely. Plus the stable shoe etc.

By no means will I force people to squat with a heel if they prefer flat, I just get them to take their squishy jogger shoes off.

Normally you'd do oly squats in oly shoes. Low bar in flats or barefoot.
I find it's much harder to squat/teach low bar properly in oly shoes as its changes the mechanics.
There is a major difference between the 2 lifts, and it's probably the reason that oly shoes were made.

Still, can't wait to see the improvements that happen in the vid, seems like you guys are helping people out which is good.

Yeah, I've squat high bar / low bar for years without Oly shoes... I just prefer with (been squatting with shoes for about 4? months now). Different strokes, all about finding what works for the individual.

I am def looking forward to this workshop the most, should be a good one :D

That 40kg flew up easily on the day Karen, Deb is still pouting about it. :D

Lots of potential there if you can set up correctly, consistently.

Yeah, I've squat high bar / low bar for years without Oly shoes... I just prefer with (been squatting with shoes for about 4? months now). Different strokes, all about finding what works for the individual.

Flats for me sorry chris.. :)
I squatted low bar at proraw. Felt it way too much in my quads and not enough on the posterior chain coming out of the hole. kind of threw me off coming hitting depth and coming outta the hole

Last edited:
Great workshop... And a nice PB from Big Mick... 130kg...

Attendees should consider hanging around after the workshops for some extra activities...

Tabata followed by kettleball swings and the prowler where "so much fun".... Oh the joy... Went home and curled up in the foetal postion...

That 40kg flew up easily on the day Karen, Deb is still pouting about it. :D

Lots of potential there if you can set up correctly, consistently.
I have benched a bit more previously but will get those elbows right before pushing anymore! Lol