• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC LIfting workshops

Damn, been away from lifting and the forum for a few weeks and missed all those great sessions, will aim to be there on Sun :)

Sounds like there is a lot of interest for this workshop so far, which is great. Always enjoy teaching the squat.

Feel free to bring your friends in, the more the merrier!

Edit: Where is this candy hidden, trent?

LOL... I was into my previous training buddy today to get him back on track....

Mentioned Squats at PTC for $10 and he was like... Count me in...:cool:

Last edited:
Hope you guys had a good squat workshop, had to miss out due to work, so will have to wait four weeks for squats to come around again!!!:)

Workshop was awesome fellas!
I squatted 65kg, much lower than my Xfit style squats over 90kgs+
Low bar much better suited for me :)

Great workshop indeed.
Bit of work to do for me, mobility wise :p
Just gave my shoulder a good going over, hips/groin tonight...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Normally you'd do oly squats in oly shoes. Low bar in flats or barefoot.
I find it's much harder to squat/teach low bar properly in oly shoes as its changes the mechanics.
There is a major difference between the 2 lifts, and it's probably the reason that oly shoes were made.

Still, can't wait to see the improvements that happen in the vid, seems like you guys are helping people out which is good.

A lot of ipf guys squat low bar with a heel. Seems to work ok for them.

If you can squat low bar, hit depth with good form without a heel no problem either.

Me, I hate low bar. Too much effort to get it right so I just stick with high bar oly squats beause they are so simple to learn.

Hope you guys had a good squat workshop, had to miss out due to work, so will have to wait four weeks for squats to come around again!!!:)

Can always hit me up for a 1on1 session if it suits Mick, whenever suits you.

Today was a biiiig session, 12 (13 including sherro although he obviously did not require coaching - was great to have a Jim Wendler doppleganger around :D) people. Great turnout, although perhaps too large for me to comfortably coach adequately.

In the future I may divide my attention in blocks of time (10min with the four people at rack 1, 10min with the four at rack 2, etc) or divide the day into morning / lunch or sat / sun sessions to keep numbers more manageable.

The above was my biggest gripe with today, and apart from this we had lots of positive changes with technique. Everyone left with queues to work on and a greater understanding of the mechanics of the low bar squat, which is great.

Worked with those who had never been taught to squat all the way up to Ninor who squats ~210, and I'm confident that everyone took something from the day.

Video/details for next week will be posted up sometime tomorrow, thanks again to everyone who came out today it was great to have you.