• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC LIfting workshops

Big thanks to Chris for your work on Saturday.

For those considering the workshops or one on one training, I did both on Saturday and both are great value so just do it, the workshop was good as I knew my mobility in my right leg was holding me back from squating propally so I'll stop for a while and just do goblets and mobility work.

And the one on one session was great as Chris managed to check and assess my ftechnique on 4 lifts and it was good to know at least I was doing those right or close enough.

The tyre flipping was great fun and I'll be getting one for my PTC, that's Pete's training centre!

Thanks to all the friendly people I met who made a blind man feel at home, lifting in bare feet helped as well.

Details for this weeks' workshop:

What: Snatch
When: 4.3.12 (Sunday) @ 11am
Where: PTC Sydney, 41-43 Day St North, Silverwater
Cost: Non-members $20

Due to the technical nature of the Olympic lifts, and in turn the coaching demands, this workshop will be limited to FOUR participants.

Please reserve your spot by attending the event and commenting +1. If you are bringing a friend/s please indicate this via +2 etc.

If there is enough demand, a second workshop may be scheduled.

Event page: Technique Workshop: Snatch (Sunday) | Facebook

Counts me out dude... I was a chance for Saturday... But driving up the coast for a couple of days Saturday night...

Saturdays are getting quite busy at the gym with the member count above 70 now, so workshops will probably be run on Sunday unless this proves to be a problem.

Enjoy the coast though mate

Not a problem mate....

Actually it suits me if its the same day every weekend... Sunday mornings would be be my preference...

Change of plans... Im in for the snatch session...

Edit: Another change of plans means no Snatch for Nazzy this weekend... "Laments!"

Sorry Chris

Last edited:
I'll be using the remainder of this cycle (deadlift, bench and squat) to assess continued interest in the workshops.

I'll post up details for the deadlift workshop tomorrow, but in the meantime is there any feedback on what you guys want at these? After all, they are for you!

Cut out Oly week? Variations on the main lifts? Taking suggestions :)

I was planning to come up for basic deadlift and squats, but next cycle... otherwise will do one on one.

Was planning on attempting a 110kg deadlift at next workshop, and testing my 1RM in squats. Was hoping to keep attending these 2. Confident with bench.

Was planning on attempting a 110kg deadlift at next workshop, and testing my 1RM in squats. Was hoping to keep attending these 2. Confident with bench.

The next three weeks will go ahead as normal :D

Attendance has dropped off fairly significantly, just wondering if people would like something different.