• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hmm, so what is this R&R training you keep speaking of?

Its not a revilutionary, complicated, mind fuck, t's just a very simple 11 week program focusing on getting stronger in a excel spread sheet. You punch in your 1rm, and it tells you what you need to do.

Few lifters in tonight.
Loz started with deadlifts to his knees with 175kg. He felt a twinge in his back so stopped there. He moved onto bench and did triples with 110kg.

Mike pulled from a deficit, benched heavy, and then pulled a really heavy single.

Steve pulled 220kg 3x3, rack pulls and SLDL

Zach is becoming a regular now. Only one day a week though which is a bit of a shame. Be could do pretty well in PL. He is 17yo, and squatted 150kg, and paused benched 120kg. He is now giving bust-a-nut a go.

Matt squatted 167.5kg 3x3, then a single at 180kg. Done some SLDL afterwards.

Tara pulled heavy tonight. It's her last heavy session before bust a nut.
She pulled a 10kg PB of 115kg on her 3rd attempt. She then did KB rows and curls.

I benched 100kg+25kg of chains 3x3

Mike and tara did cardio out the front consisting of skipping/tyre flips/sprints/burpees.

Pete must of known Tara wasn't training tonight as he popped in.*
He did some squats, then 30 swings & 30 bupees x 3, 15 second rest between sets.*

Steve had a epic long session.*
Benched 107.5kg 3x3, reverse bands with 120-130 for triples.*
Squatted 150 3x2, 160x1

Kurt benched up to 90kg x 4*

I squatted up to 180kg x 1

TTT came in to set his openers for Bust-A-Nut.*
He went:*
185kg squat, 15kg PB
107.5kg paused bench, 2.5kg PB
205kg deadlift, 5kg PB and has a bit more in him.*
He will open with 175/100/190 or 195.*
Great effort by TTT, and his first 2xBW squat :).*

Strong night tonight.

Tara did some bench with 40kg, working on speed and leg drive. She had it nailed by the end of the session. She was doing triples and they were flying up. She also did 60kg for 3 paused singles.
Paused squats, 60kg.

Mike squatted up to 180kg or 190kg, then did some fluff.
He and tara done a little cardio, alternating between swings and skipping.

Matt benched 157.5kg for 2 doubles and a single. He tried to do some skipping.............. :D.
He also did some fluff with mike, as well as speed benching with doubled over red bands.

Kurt squatted 180kg, missed 185kg. Kurt has brought his stance in about 5 inches, so he is still working up to his previous PB of 190kg.

I pulled up to 240kg, a 10kg PB.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-sh2wU7W9w"]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Scott deadlift 240kg - 10kg PB‬‏[/ame]

Its not a revilutionary, complicated, mind fuck, t's just a very simple 11 week program focusing on getting stronger in a excel spread sheet. You punch in your 1rm, and it tells you what you need to do.

I was going to ask the same question, and your answer told me everything I needed to know about it :p

so where can one get a copy of this spreadsheet, or an outline of what the program is?

Busy night tonight with a few of the guys coming in to test their openers for the powerlifting comp I am holding at the gym.

Pete came in and done some benching, rows, and KB work.

Steve come in to test his openers.
He squatted 160kg for 3 singles, benched 110kg for 3 singles and deadlifted 230kg for 3 singles. He will be opening with 500kg. Not bad for his first comp :).

Loz and Dan also tested their openers. They also brought 2 mates in with them to test their maxes.
Loz went 170kg squat 3x1, 120kg bench 3x1, and a single of 220kg on the deadlift.
Dan went 160kg 3x1, 115 3x1, and a single of 200kg on the deadlift which flew up.
Im not sure what their mates did, but Im sure it was around 120/100/160

I squatted 162.5kg 3x4, 1x5, and a single at 180kg. Benched 92.5kg 6x6, rowed and did SLDL.

Matt pulled 235kg for a few reps, 240kg x 1, 270kg x 0. Pressed 92.5kg for 7 triples.

Mike is doing a deload, light benching, squats and rows.

Zach, 17yo, came in for his last heavy session before the comp.
He worked up to 115kg 3x3 on the bench, with the first rep paused. Then did a paused single at 120kg.
He also deadlifted up to 160kg 3x3.
Strong boy.

Last edited:
Last night was very quite as everybody is resting up for the comp.
Only Tara came in to do her openers. she did 80kg 3x1, 55kg 3x1. 115kg x 1.

Tonight Loz, Matt, Steve and myself trained.

Loz just went though the motions, getting the blood into the muscles as he is competing in Saturday.

Matt squatted 170kg 3x3, and pressed 92.5kg for triples.

I squatted 170kg 3x3, 162.5 2x5, benched 100kg 7x5 and did some acc work.

Pick up another 300kg bumpers tomorrow.
The shirts and hoodies from BlueGum will be here on friday in time for the comp :).

Tonight was very quite as everybody is resting up for the comp.

Still, Steve came in and went though the lifts, but not going over 2 plates.

Marc came in and squatted up to 230kg x 3, and rowed the 64kg Kettlebell for sets of 12.

I finally clean and jerked 100kg, but missed the 102.5kg jerk as it was to far forward.

In the busta nut thread mate.

Good night tonight.
Lozzo squatted PPP which had a working sets of 5 starting at 145.

Mike PP 100kg for reps.

Kurt pulled 200kg for a PB, missed 210 just below the knee.

Marc log pressed 130kg for 2,3,4,5 reps. Front squats at 120kg

I clean and jerked 105kg, after missing the jerk on the previous 2 attempts.

Ben started smolov intense, 182.5kg max, then cleaned 105kg but missed the jerk.

Ricky also popped in to say g'day, and took home one of the toastie PTC Brisbane hoodies :).

Sold most of the hoodies, only a few left.

Tonight;
Matt OHP 90kg for up to 4 reps, did some pulls, and swung the 64kg kettlebell.

Mike had a sleep.

Tara benched and pulled. She benched 50kg 5x3 working on pressing fast. Pulled 100kg x 3

17yo Zach squatted 127.5kg 5x5, paused squats with 70kg. He also did SLDL and KB rows. Zach has decided to train with us more often, and is coming to nationals.....if its cool with his parents.

Steve squatted up to 140kg

I squatted up to 180kg x 3

Lozzo came in for some bench tonight,
He worked up to 107.5kg x 5, then did reverse bands for 160kg x 3

Dan come in for a little clean coaching, we got it looking better.
He also played with the log, clean and pressing 82.5kg.

Matt benched 125 5x5 and squatted 145 5x5 I believe.

Mike squatted and benched.

I squatted 170kg 5x5 and benched 110kg 8x4

Steve started smolov for his squats, 145kg 4x3 1x5. Then he did some benching.

Lozzo was first in tonight.
He squatted up to 155x5, done SLDL and box squats.

Steve and I did smolov for squats and bench.
I worked up to 180kg for 2 triples, steve went to 152.5kg for 3 triples.
I paused benched 117.5kg 5x3, 125 x1, 130x1, Steve benched 87.5kg 7x5

Matt did some speed deads up to 240kg.

Mike squatted/benched and deadlifted.

Zach came in tonight with his mate Brad.
Both are 17yo, but brad has a condition that has stunted his growth. He is around 4 1/2 foot tall at a guess and weighs 35kg. He had never squatted before, so I ran though it with him, he ended up squatting 50kg x 5. Top work I think!

Zach squatted R&R, and did it stupidly easy.
We based it 5kg heavier than his best and only comp, which was 165kg (which ws a 15kg PB). After 2 sessions back, I knew it was still to light.
After he squatted 132.5 5x5, we loaded the bar to 140kg x 3, 150kg x 2, 160kg x 1.......then........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6PhOts9uGo]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - 17yo Zachs squat PBs 29.6.11‬‏[/ame]

Fucking awesome.

Jase and Jeff have nicknamed him lil G lol.