• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Haha probably not going to happen tonight!.. Scott was last seen clutching his stomach and eyeing off the toilet door frantically after eating some questionable chicken :p

I couldnt update last night, I was crook as a dog! Almost ended up in hospital, but 15 000mg of Vit c sorted me out.

Last night Mike hit his bench opener of 150kg at under 80. Mike is competing in Melbourne on sunday so needs to know what he is lifting.
Tara pulled 80kg for 5x3, her first deadlift session in a couple of weeks. She also did high pulls, good mornings and WG pull ups with the YELLOW band 5,5,4. We have guys that cant do this yet.
Kurt benched a PB of 100kg.

Tonight Mike hit his squat and dead openers for sunday. He squatted 180 for 2 singles and pulled 220 and 225. Mike wants to OPEN on 550kg. Strong!

I pulled a PB of 230kg with no dead training, only squatting 3x a week for 3 weeks.

Zach came in for a technique session about 3 weeks ago as he was getting sore knees. He was squatting shoulder width, up on his toes, and knees kicking in. He also weighs 119kg amd is only 17yo.
We got his technique sorted, and got him squatting to a box comfortably.... Once we got that done, his pain seemed to magically disappeared lol. He squatted 110kg 5x5 tonight and then also tested his bench. He TnG 130kg!
He is interested in competing in PL, and I think if he trains with us regularly, he could go far.

I also received my gear from GymDirect. I ordered 2 600kg rated thrust bearing bars, 1 flat bench and a commercial cage. Im very impressed with the size and quality of the equipment, especially the bars and flat bench and will be putting it through some serious punishment. I have a 145kg guy that will bench 300kg+ so it should out last just about anybody else in aus haha.

Here are a couple of pics of the gym.....

11.jpg

1.jpg

11111111.jpg

what will happen in summer is we will be cranking T pain .... na nananananannana take your shirt off..... and training shirtless....

nahhh pants arent really needed either buuut.... I was thinking maybe trainign in just little booty shorts... that should keep us kool in summer.

yeah it is mate... were just mucking around.. Gym will be fine in summer... A bit of sweating and heat never killed anyone.

Last night tara came in for squats and bench even though she was feeling quite ill.
She managed 75kg for 3,3,3,2 on the squats, and 55kg for 3 doubles on the bench- first rep paused of course.
She also did 5 bodyweight dips, deep. I was very impressed.

Steve benched 97.5kg 3x5, kurt benched 90kg x 7

Tonight was quite, only lozzo, kurt and myself lifted.
I paused 132.5kg for 1.5x BW bench, and a 7.5kg PB. I also managed 28 dips.
Lozzo paused 120kg for a 5kg PB
Kurt squatted 180kg.

Big day tomorrow :).

Last edited:
Had a new guy named Nathen rock up yesterday from Beenleigh which is about an hours drive from PTC.
He came in to work on his squats and bench. He seems keen to make it a regular trip which is good.

Steve came in and squatted. He got through his work sets, then decided to have a go at knee wraps. It was honestly the funniest thing I have seen in quite a while. The poor guy was in agony! I wish I had caught it all on camera. He couldnt get them off quick enough.
After Steve squatted, he bench 100kg 5x3, his 1rm when he started R&R.

Ben, Simon and Ducky also trained.
They benched and deadlifted. Simon also did 35 UDL's with the 64kg KB.

I missed a 200kg squat. C&J 95kg, 5kg PB.

Simon, Steve, Ducky and myself done a KB complex. It sucked.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvuLPzC45Xc]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Steve KB conditioning‬‏[/ame]

Steve came in and squatted. He got through his work sets, then decided to have a go at knee wraps. It was honestly the funniest thing I have seen in quite a while. The poor guy was in agony! I wish I had caught it all on camera. He couldnt get them off quick enough.
After Steve squatted, he bench 100kg 5x3, his 1rm when he started R&R.

Screw squatting in wraps, I don't know how you guys do it... It was bloody painful!