• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Back from PTC Sydney where Mike, Tara and I competed.*
Tara went 90/65/125 - all 2.5kg PB's
Mike went 200/150/225 in sleeves
I went 200/135/242.5 in loose wraps because I left my sleeves in Brisbane :(.*
Was a great day of lifting, but I'm glad to be home and back in my gym.*

Tonight Kurt deadlifted using 5/3/1.*
He worked up to 180kg x 5.*

Lozzo ran PPP bench working up to 115kg x 3, then a few singles at 125kg and 122.5kg.*

Steve ran smolov for his bench and squats. He squatted 152.5kg 3x3 then 162.5kg x 3.*
He then benched 92.5kg 7x5.*

Tara benched tonight instead of squatting as she has epic doms from Saturday's deadlift + poor recovery.*
She benched 50kg 5x5, first rep paused. We played with some tricep work, doing 20kg + 25kg chains. These didn't work very well due to the stroke of her bench, so we tried some board presses.*
After freaking out due to a timber phobia, She did a double with 60kg to a 2 board lol.*
I'll try out reverse bands next session before I decide which we will run with.*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pujmt7VXpgQ]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Kurt deadlift 180x5‬‏[/ame]

Zach is very strong and has just signed up to the forum.
He has joined our PL team for nationals in Albury this year.

Tonight Zach done some deads.
165kg 3x5, benched up to a paused 125kg single, done some SLDL and pull aparts

Mike pulled heavy.

Tara squatted 75kg 5x5, then tried wraps for the first time.
Loose wraps 75kg x 1, wrapped a little tighter 80kg x 1, wrapped tight 85kg x 3.
Not sure if she is a fan or not lol. She loves the bounce, but hates the pain :D

I pulled 200kg 3x3

Yeah I told her that, and I was the same. My first few wraps were torture.

She Tripled 95% of her 1rm which was a great effort, and I can see this being used as a great overload tool.

Wraps are funny things. I always found I had a much better rythem and form with them on.
Now I squat oly style and don't bounce out the bottom they don't seem to offer the same effect :mad:

Been a little slack updating this of late.

Lozzo squatted PPP.
Worked up to 170kg for a pretty easy triple. Then went 180kg in wraps.

Matt had his first session back in over a week. His been off crook with gastro, and has lost 4kg. He is pissed lol.
He squatted R&R 155kg 5x5, and benched 132.5kg 5x5.

Mike benched.

Steve squatted 152.5kg 5x5, getting into the harder part of smolov now.

Dan and I done some front squats, and I also did a set of 20 rep squats.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Htkxn35Xq0]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Dan and Scott doing some Front squattin.‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWCtRE6Jp18]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Tara 95kg-100kg squats.‬‏[/ame]

Scott, do you do any rough testings on new clients to gauge whether they are more so white or red fibers? I understand these may not be 100% accurate but would still give a fair indication of muscle fiber type, given we know how certain muscle fibers react to certain stimuli?

Scott, do you do any rough testings on new clients to gauge whether they are more so white or red fibers? I understand these may not be 100% accurate but would still give a fair indication of muscle fiber type, given we know how certain muscle fibers react to certain stimuli?

New clients generally don't even know how to squat. They need to learn technique before anything else, not what type of fibers they have.
For the people that want to get stronger, I start them with basic sets and reps to see how they respond. From there, I can change the sets/reps/intensity until the results I want come through.
It's not really rocket science, and doesn't need to be complicated, especially for beginners.

Tara rips! :)

She is going full guns at the moment.
When she first started her 1rm was 75kg. Last night she squatted 77.5kg 3x5 raw and then up to 100kg in wraps.
She also just got her supplements sponsored by East Coast Supplements. It's great to see company's get behind up and coming athletes.
Great work Tara.

She will probably put squat most guys in any gym...... She probably does already lol.

Tonight Emma came in for her first session for some technique work on the bench and squats, she also had a a heavy pull. We did lots of sets at 40kg on the squat, focusing on keeping the knees above the feet, and lots of sets at 25kg on the bench focusing on smooth, controlled, direct touches. Emma, weighing in at 44kg, pulled a massive 100kg today. Huge lift.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hiyll-mFHo]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Emma deadlifting 100kg @ 44kg.‬‏[/ame]

Mike pulled up to 225kg for a triple.

Matt pulled pulled 245kg 2, although one was lapped mate :D

Tara benched 52.5kg first rep paused, for 3x5, MP 22.5kg 3x8

17yo Zach pulled 170kg, 5x3 with ZERO hitching.

Pete came in for some squatting. He is a notorious high squatter, and nobody pulls him up on it at his normal gym.
I made him box squat, to make sure he was making depth. Started high, then lowered it as the sets progressed. On his 5th set, he was going way deep. He squatted 90kg 5x5.

I squatted 130kg x 20

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pD3cDVTlCM]YouTube - ‪Scott squats 130kgx20‬‏[/ame]

130 x 20 is a great effort.
Well done Snot..I mean Scott. :)

Emma needs more hip drive, but I'm sure you will work on her technique. 100kg is a good pull.

Thanks mate. Trying 140x20 tomorrow, then back to smolov next week.

Emma knows what we need to work on, and I'm sure she will pull 100kg beautifully in no time.
Still, 2.27 x BW is a massive pull.

Solid session by all tonight.
Pete came back in tonight. Thats 2 sessions in a week. I think he has realised that he will make good progress with us. We worked on his bench and squats tonight. He benched a PB of 85kg TnG, did 60kg 12,10,11. He squatted 60kg 3x12 easily.
Pete keeps injuring his lower back.... Its really weak. I told him he needs to make it stronger, then it wont get injured. He is being very difficult at the moment, I hope he comes round soon.

Lozz did PPP deadlifts, heaviest set was 212.5kg x3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjTup_CNJ6w]‪PTC Brisbane - Loz pulls 212.5kg x3‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Mike squatted heavy, and benched heavy. His shoulder/knees are feeling better which is a good thing.

Steve squatted 162.5 for 4 sets of 3.

I squatted 140kg x20

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRd7w5Qm5DM]‪PTC Brisbane - Scott squats 140kg x20‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Steve, Loz and myself all took Ceffo up on his challange.

The vids can be seen here: ‪PTCbrisbane???‬‏ - YouTube

Emma came in for some squats and to get some technique work sorted on her deadlift.
We have gone from conventional to half sumo. We also worked on creating tension on the bar just before the start of the pull to stop her jerking into it.
We did lots of sets with 60kg, working in getting the new set up second nature. They are looking much better.
Emma also did KB swings up to 20 reps.

Steve got through his smolov jnr bench, it was his last session today.
He benched 107.5kg for 10 sets of 3. Thats just over 90% of his 1rm of 117.5kg.
We will retest his bench on wednesday.