• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Wow, all the way from GC? And here I am complaining about having to come from Carina..

I train at home (power rack, lat pull down, a few BB's, some fixed DBs, plates etc) and would love to come in for some tips on my technique and form - is that something you guys could do? Or are you more looking for regular members?

Id be more than happy to help you out mate.
I have a client that comes up from Carina at about 1030am on Saturdays, you may be able to hitch a ride if you like.
If you want to come up by your own means, just PM or email me, and we can work out a time big fella.

Cheers! I may just do that, see if you can help me get into some real numbers. Keep up the good work Sticky.

I have 2 guys that come up from the south side. 1 in marooka and the other from Carina. Another travels over an hour by bus to get to PTC. People who are determined to get stronger/bigger/faster/leaner do what ever it takes. Whether it be training at a particular gym, sticking to a program or diet....
Determination, dedication, and consistency are the keys :).

I'll keep the updates going for as long as the board will allow it :).

Determination, dedication, and consistency oooozes for these 2 guys. Great guys to have in the gym, even if it is occasionally :).

-----

Steve came in for MP, rows, dips and chins tonight. He has now done 3x8 bodyweight dips, and is going to add a little weight to try and gain some extra strength in his triceps/chest. I think he MP'd 60-70kg for reps.

Matt squatted R&R week 6 tonight, which worked up to 147.5kg 3x5. He then tripled 162.5, and then moved up to hit a recent PB of 182.5kg.

Mike squatted and benched. He squatted 160kg for 7x3, then benched up to 140kg 3x3.

Lozzo stared sheiko tonight. He benched 110kg for 3x2, then squatted 145kg 5x3, then jumped back on the bench for 100kg 5x4 lol.
He was shagged by the end of the night.

I benched 97.5kg 6x6, then squatted 152.5kg 5x5. It was brutal.

Great work by all !!!

Pretty quite night tonight.

Kurt came in to work on his bench seeing as his quad got the better of him during smolov.
He paused 80kg 3x3, 90x1, 100x0. Kurt has the perfect build for PL, and we can hopefully get his bench up in no time.

Mike came in for MP and some conditioning.
He pressed 75kg 7x3, then we flipped the 500lb tyre to each other for a total of 30 reps in 3min.
He then went on to do a beer keg/KB complex.

Most boring video ever haha

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My9Bw1YKGD0[/ame]

Last edited:
The updates and vids are great mate, keep 'em coming.

Will do big fella :)

Tonight Steve came in for some deads. Ended up pulling 200 for triples, then did some rack pulls.

Mike pulled off the bumpers.

Matt did some benching. 5x3 at 150kg, followed by a some form work and paused singles up to 150kg.

I squatted 162.5kg 2x3.

A friend of mikes came in to check the place out also tonight. Her name is nardia and was a competitive BB in the mid 90's. She seems like a nice chick, and she is coming back on Friday to test out what her lifts are like.

Looks like you have some strong lifters up there Sticky. Great vids too, has been years since Ive heard 2Pac.

LOL, my nickname isn't sticky because I'm big haha.

We have a couple of novices, but they get strong fast and don't stay novices for long lol.
I still have 3 guys that have a squat 1rm less than 100kg. The reason they don't appear in my updates is because they are VERY inconsistent with their training.

..... I guess that's why they can't squat 2 plates yet.

Matt is a big bencher. He has TnG 4 plates.

Was a good night last night, I didnt update as I pretty much fell asleep driving home after squatting.

Lozzo came in first, did a bit of volume. He did 16 working sets, up to 152.5kg for doubles on the squat, and 105kg for doubles on the bench. Finished his workout with ease.

Ghosty came in to have a crack at Markos' BW squat for 75 reps challange, but fell short with 35 reps. Was still a good effort. Mike post that picture up!

Matt deadlifted 215kg for 3x5. He then tried the bodyweight bench (102.5) for 35 reps. He managed around 13~

I squatted 162.5kg 4x3, benched 110kg 8x4

Tara had her first session back since saturday. She has been really crook all week, but starting to feel better. She squatted 72.5kg 3x5, and benched 52.5kg 5x3, with the first rep paused, then did some KB rows with 20kg.
Tara also flipped our new 500lb tyre. Was an epic effort, and she surprised everybody in the gym. Mike said he would do ANYTHING if she could flip it, I think he is feeling a little anxious now. I think a nice floral dress for a session would be appropriate lol.

Mike benched a PB of 152.5kg at under 80kg, just missing 157.5kg. We put his extra strength down to wearing Tara's hot pink trackie pants :D.
He also squatted 180kg easily, but missed 195kg.

Mike and Tara then did a cardio complex consisting of skipping, sprinting, cannon balls and swings. Unfortunately neither of them vomited.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj-EpDbXLw8]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Mike 152.5kg bench‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:
Quite session for a Saturday, only 3 of us in.

Kurt benched 100kg, 10kg PB.

Steve squatted up to 155kg for a 5kg PB. Then he benched week 6 of R&R, which called for 95kg 3x5. His 1rm when coming to PTC was 95kg, so it was safe to presume he had gotten a little stronger. He then benched up to a paused 115kg, a straight out 15kg PB. Top shit. He is now looking at a 500kg total in his first comp which will be Bust-A-Nut.

I squatted 175kg a 5kg PB and benched 115kg 10x3. Today was my last day of benching on smolov jr. THANK FUCK.
1 more week for squats.

Great session tonight. Atmosphere was atmospheric.

I started off the night with 152.5kg 5x5, with my nose deciding to let out a stream of blood on the first set, 3rd rep. Plugged it up with tissue paper and was g2g. Had to change it after each set :D.

Steve MP'd and squatted. He squatted up to 160kg for a 5kg PB, and to get himself on the BIG SQUATTERS wall.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFnNOvTsX28]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Steve 160kg squat. 5kg PB‬‏[/ame]

Dan and lozzo squatted, benched, then squatted again. They are running Sheiko and so far, things seem to be going well. Dan split his boxers, then a few sets later split his pants lol.
That brings the total to 3 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of jocks destroyed from squatting haha.

Mike took up the MP bodyweight for 8 reps challenge. He missed it the first time managing 7 reps, but then smoked it with 9 on his second attempt.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e5Kxg4jG30]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Mike bodyweight MP challenge‬‏[/ame]

Matt came it for squats. It had been an hr since I had squatted, and had consumed 1L of milk since. I decided to squat with him.
He squatted R&R, 157.5 5x3, then we both squatted up to 190kg. 7.5kg PB for matt, 15kg PB for me.

Matt then MP'd hepburn and I did a row/SLDL/high pull complex.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6JtPqRd-o]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Scott 180-190 squat pb's.‬‏[/ame]

I think mikey did a solid attempt at the MP challenge imo.. Now lets see what markos says about it..

edit - Jut saw markos has passed it.. Great work mikey

Great lifts by all.. Always good to see a clean PB

Last edited: