• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
hey sticky have you ever considered a novice comp for us novices?

Im interested, anyone else interested?

Pretty sure he's already run two, Bust a Nut and the Deadlift comp a few months back. Wasn't just for novices, but no qualifying and cheaper then a CAPO or PA comp.

Ill do a pole shortly about what everybody wants as the next comp :).

Been a hectic past few days.

Tara started her prep for PR2. She squatted 75kg 5x5, benched 52.5 5x5.

Matt squatted 185kg for triples, 165kg for 5's.

Zach benched 115kg 7x5, squatted 120kg 12,10,12

Ricky, who is now coming to PR2 benched 145 5x5, then 180x3 in the super ram.

Loz and Dan both benched, and played with the ram.

Emma squatted 52.5 3x5, and paused 37.5kg for 5 singles.

Steve squatted 170kg 3x4 and 1x5, and pulled 215kg from a 3" deficit for 3x3.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEp1qRvu-ww[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R754aK967hw[/ame]

Also, the direct debit system is now up and running.
Memberships are $20pw, no contracts.
Strength/conditioning/technique sessions are $25ph, and you do NOT have to be a member for them.

Last edited:
Loz benched up to a paused 130, missed 137.5 twice.
Did doubles and triples with 140 with the super ram.
Squatted 180 3x3 with wraps.

Steve squatted 180 3x3, 170 2x5

Tolga pulled 195 5x3 from a 1" deficit.

Mrs. Sticky had her second session.
Pulled 70, missed 75, 58kg BW.
Lunges across the carpark with 6kg KB's. 3x20sec planks (which was to fail!)

A few quick updates.

Zach benched up to 130kg 5x3, and pulled off plates 170 5x3.

Steve squatted 180 x3, then 2x4. Then 6x6 on the bench.

Mikes started smolov jnr in the quest for a 1.5 x bodyweight STRICT military press.
He also squatted 140 4x5, and 100 x10.

Matt squatted 185 2x3, then talked himself out of the rest.

Emma is focusing on her bench at the moment in the quest for a paused 40kg bench by October 8, she has also hit 6 deep dips. Thats 6 more than she could do when she started.

Tish (mrs sticky) has been doing LOTS of lunges/step ups/deadlifts. She is not a fan.
She pulled 70kg, missed 75kg.

Loz and I both squatted 220kg with wraps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lmxIgyrdsk]PTC Brisbane - Loz squats 220kg - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW63Wwrg0SA]PTC Brisbane - Scott 220kg and 225kg squat. - YouTube[/ame]

We are also now stocking Bulk Nutrients supps at the gym.
I have a heap of WPC at the moment, various flavours/sizes. If you need anything in particular, I can put it in with my next order so you save on the shipping.

Emma was first in last night.
She had a big day and was struggling to stay tight with her squats. She was meant to do 5x3 at 55kg, but managed 3x3. She also benched 32.5kg for 6 sets between 3-6 reps.
She did rows, GHR's, sldl, front squats and MP

Matt benched up to 10x3 at 135kg, then did some rows and curls.

Mike is trying smolov jnr for MP, he did 80kg for 6x5, then 1x4............. at about 77kg.
Strong pressing.

Damo came in for his first session. He came in to test his lifts so we can do up a strength program. He ended up with 160/110/165 at about 88kg.
Perfect deadlift form, squats were about an inch high, and we need to work with the bench set up a little. All easy things to fix up, and it should see his numbers shoot up fairly quick.
Damo seems like a good bloke, hope he becomes a regular with the club.

Zach decided he come in for another bench session, having only done 5x3 with 130 the night before.....
He was ment to do 6x6 at 115, but only managed 6,6,6,4. I dont think he realised that just because he isnt sore, doesnt mean he isnt fatigued. I think he does now.
He then squatted 125kg 3x12, 56kg KB rows, GHR's, and weighted planks.

Steve benched 100kg 7x5, then 3x5 120kg bb rows.

Over the last week or so...

Dakota, 12yo and 42kg pulled 60kg, benched 30.

Tara squatted 100kg for easy triples.

Ricky squatted up to 250kg for 2 singles, 220kg for triples.

Steve squatted 190kg for triples and doubles

Damo is going well with his squat depth. He should be squatting 2 plates deep in no time at all. I think he loves the GHR ;)

Steve and I pulled with the new Texas deadlift bar, I pulled 270kg, Steve pulled 275kg.

Emma hit her 60kg squat at 47kg.

Zach benched 137.5kg for triples getting ready for the BBIP comp at Healthworks, westend.

Freako benched 200kg in his shirt, I benched 162.5kg same bodyweight lol.

Tish deadlifted 80kg, 10kg PB, she also squatted 50kg.

A few various new vids can be seen on our youtube channel PTCbrisbane's Channel - YouTube

Ill update this log as often as I can for those that are interested.
Ill also be adding fortnightly newsletters to the website to cover everything that I dont get to type up during the week.

Next stop, pr2.

photo 1.jpg

Last edited:
The Texas bar is brilliant. Thinner, longer, harsher. My hands are still sore from thrusday lol.

Yeah, Kotes is 12. 60kg was super easy.

We need to add some weight to his frame though.... we wont go much heavier until he gets to at least 46+

Thought I'd update this seeing as I have got myself an early night.

Ricky started working on his low bar squats. Had a few little issues at the start, but finished on 5 very strong, easy and solid triples at 200kg.
He also did some light benching 140 5x3 and GHR's.

Damo came in for his 2nd last week of this strength program. He squatted 135 5x3, benched 95 5x3, done GHR's, MP, KB rows and got a rep PB doing UDLs with the 64kg KB. He got 36.

Zach pulled 170 3x5 90% of the were prefect, the other 10% he didn't lift his chest before he pulled. As a result, the bar almost comes to a stop just shy of lockout. Things are vastly improving with his deads though.
He also benched 105kg 3x8 easily. Speed bench? Lol.

Mike is back training for PL again which is great. He is using sheiko, and benched a very easy 2x2 at 120. It's so light for him it's almost a joke.
He is training for ProRaw3.

Tish pulled 50kg 3x5, benched 20kg 3x8, lunged the carpark with 4kg KB's x3, 8kg KB rows.

Kurt dud stuff lol, not to sure what. He was very quite.

Tish, Ricky and Zach all did planks, Ricky with +10kg.
Ricky and Zach got 3x1min, Tish got 33sec,38sec,22sec.
Zach is NOT a fan of planks, so I gave him the option of doing UDL's with damo instead.
I've never seen someone run to the rubber mats and lay face down as fast as Zach.
I guess he hates UDL's more lol.

I'm also thinking of holding a bench comp on the 2nd weekend of December as our deadlift comp isn't a push/pull this year.
If people are keen, it will go ahead, or the next 3 lift comp will be in Feb.

I'm also thinking of holding a bench comp on the 2nd weekend of December as our deadlift comp isn't a push/pull this year.
If people are keen, it will go ahead, or the next 3 lift comp will be in Feb.

SO now I have to choose a weekend to come down, I cant get two in a row, or a full week off,

hmmm deadlifts or benches??????, or maybe it could be on the 5th of december..

Lol I thought about the Sunday, but I need rest lol.

Today Emma squatted 42.5kg for 3x10 with great form.
Her technique improvements have been huge since she started, she's doing good.
Benched 30kg 3x8 every rep paused. Front squats, chins, GHR, MP.

Loz is back on 5/3/1. He pulled a top set if 167.5kg x8
Then did paused squats with 100kg, 5x3.

Ricky did his accessory work. Rows, chins ect.

Steve squatted 150 5x3, benched 92.5kg 5x5, 3 board 112.5kg 3x3.

Brent, 22 and 112kg squatted a VERY hard and high 40kg 3x10, benched 40kg 3x10, sldl 40kg 3x10, 16kg KB rows.
He also failed the Kleenex Komplex... Again.
Brent has just had a baby boy and has come down to lose a lot of fat and get some mobility back. This was his 3rd session.