• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If you drive your car at redline everytime you get in it, it will, sooner or later break. Same with your body. The stronger you get, the higher the risk of injury, especially if you ate pushing heavy reps often.

Thanks mate.

My squats and bench are flying up at the moment. Ive run 3 cycles of smolov now, my body responds to it like magic.
I wont be running it for a long time after nats though. Its bloody tough and takes everything out of you.

Scott,

When you say 3 cycles, do you mean consecutively (or close to is)?

The full 13 week cycle or just the base?

I just run the intense phase with a week off between stints.
This is a program I wouldn't recommend unless you can squat 160. I also wouldn't recommend you run it more than once or twice a year.

HEy Scott,

How long after the nationals on the 28th will it be before PTC Brisvages is open again...

coming down the week after the 3rd and will pop in a few times if possible.

It wont be closed at all mate. Some of the other lifters will be there as usual.

Ill be back for monday night though :)

Everything is running well up here, everybody is just putting the finishing touches in for nationals.

Lozz has hit his opening deadlift - 3 singles at 225. He also became the 5th person to squatt 200kg at PTC Brisbane.

Zach has added more KG's to his lifts, witha 190kg squat and 142.5kg bench, he is 17yo.

Mike is doing his openers on saturday for deads, squat and bench on tuesday.

Tara's deads are back on tracking having pulled a 5kg PB of 130kg.
Tara is squatting tonight, hopfully up to around 95kg.
Also she will bench to around 67.5kg paused.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXPOedoHuB8]PTC Brisbane - Zach benches 142.5kg - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Aw1wxOQek]PTC Brisbane - Zach squats 190kg.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixxmbmlpk_c]PTC Brisbane - Scott squat 215kg - 5kg PB - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMjg1UZKYD8]PTC Brisbane - Loz squats 200kg - 5kg PB - YouTube[/ame]

Indeed.
He lets his elbows come to high and he tips forward.

HE knows this, and its something we have been working on over the past few weeks.
Its getting MUCH better

Indeed.
He lets his elbows come to high and he tips forward.

HE knows this, and its something we have been working on over the past few weeks.
Its getting MUCH better

Yeah I was looking at those elbows any further back and he would be able to do a standing bench press.

Quick update.

Everything is going along well for nationals. Tonight the last session was had by the competitors.

Tara squatted 87.5kg 3x1, benched 62.5kg 3x1.
Mike squatted 200kg 3x1, benched 155kg 2x1.
Loz squatted 180kg 3x1, benched 120kg 2x1 to easy, 125kg x1.
Zach squtted 175kg 3x1, benched 135kg 3x1.
I squatted 200kg 3x1, benched 135kg 3x1.

Things are looking good, now everybody is just resting and eating for the big day.

Steve also squatted with us tonight, hitting a 15kg PB. He is using PPP at the moment. It called for 2 singles at 180kg. He got through them pretty easy so was pumped to try a bit more. Hit 190kg, a 5kg PB easier than the 180's. He then loaded 200kg on the bar, and smashed that out too, that makes him the 6th member of PTC to own 200kg.
Leaps and bounds this bloke.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSjiPIbIgtU]PTC Brisbane - Steve squats 200kg 15kg pb - YouTube[/ame]

In other news a new client Matt has started training. He has a good base to work with, and wants to get fitter and stronger. He will be doing the big compounds and lots of KB/prowler work.

Fuzzy: 240/125/322.5@99.7kg - 687.5kg total (Junior WR squat, deadlift and total?)
Tara: 105/70/132.5@66kg - 307.5kg total (NR squat, bench and total)
Lozzo: 202.5/135/247.5@135kg - 585kg total
Zach Turner: 192.5/150/200@119kg (Teen WR squat and deadlift?)
Scott Watts: 210/145/255@89kg - 610kg total
Mike: 202.5/157.5/240@82kg - 600kg total

I'll update this with vids probably tomorrow.
I'm extremely proud of all of the PTC crew, everybody lifted very well.

Zach was first up. After a pretty shaky start he finished with 192.5/150/200 for a 542.5kg total @ 119kg He now has 4 teen world records.

Tara was next. She squatted 87.5/95/100/105. All easy lifts.
She benched 62.5/65/67.5/70, then deadlifted 125/132.5 but missed her 137.5 due to a bar dip. She did lock it out though. She now has national senior women's records for squat/bench/total.
I'm super proud of her.

I went 210/145/255 for 610 @ 89kg and over all 2nd place as a junior, and going by the website (which is probably wrong) the jnr total record.

Loz went 202.5/135/247.5 for 585 @ 135kg. He nailed the 202.5kg squat, which was a PB.

Mike went 202.5/157.5/240 for an even 600 @ 78kg I believe. He was trying to make the 75's, but the life guards would not allow him back to the sauna after passing out twice.
I think he did a great job.

It was a great weekend, got to catch up with some lifting friends, was there for a big change within CAPO, got to have long chats with the likes of Laurie Butler and Adam Coe, but best of all got to see, and lift with some VERY awesome people.