• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting / Oly type gyms in Adelaide

I had my pt session with Dan last night at Limbos Gym and let me just say if it wasn't over an hour away from my house, I would have signed up on the spot.
The gym, while not being huge was awesome to say the least. It has some old school equipment most current gym goers wouldn't recognise, dumbbells up to 75kg, texas deadlift bar, hercules weightlifting bars, 2 very bad ass old school locally made squat racks, etc.
This gym is a bodybuilders/ powerlifters dream which also caters to your everyday "normal" gym goer.
There were some big guys in there, some of which compete on stage and they all seem friendly which makes the atmoshere in the gym a pleasure to work out in.
I'll be going back in there soon, that's for sure.

Thanks Lighty, I'm glad it hasn't strayed from it's roots
I'd give it a crack if it wasn't so far away from me.

Does it still have a pool and sauna?

Sounds bloody great and close to my work for when I have short breaks.
How much was just a single walk in session mate?

How didn't I see this earlier... when I'm back to regular lifting I'm keen to get some coaching.

Ok Ben is here :D

Please excuse all typos and shit, I just got back from Squat day.

Glad to see you posted. I got your details from Sticky in another thread.
Got something about a gym being around west lakes where you or Fuzzy do some coaching, is that still available?? (might be handy for others).

Thanks Lighty, I'm glad it hasn't strayed from it's roots
I'd give it a crack if it wasn't so far away from me.

Does it still have a pool and sauna?

Not too sure about the pool and sauna. If you have fb, add Limbos Gym on there and fire away :)

How didn't I see this earlier... when I'm back to regular lifting I'm keen to get some coaching.

Glad to see you posted. I got your details from Sticky in another thread.
Got something about a gym being around west lakes where you or Fuzzy do some coaching, is that still available?? (might be handy for others).

Yeah mate I am coaching at Westlakes and Brighton. Have I got you on my Facestalk account Ben RADelaidePowerlifting Cove?

Fuz's project at Prospect got shutdown along with over a years worth of epic progress in the sport by the **** next door. However, he is looking to open a PTC next year, personally I am glad Fuz is waiting.

Hey ben, thats crap news, I wondered what had happened to the Fuz. Looking forward to PTC Adelaide whenever it happens though :) Will be glad to finally give the commercial gyms the flick.
On another note for the guys, husband (bradws) trains at Limbo, and reccommends it.

Last edited:
For anyone wondering.

After several big set backs earlier this year plus a compilation of a pretty rough personal time (you know, tough life of a 19 year old living at home) PTC Adelaide is well on the way to being open.

For various reasons, I have made a commitment to the family business till the end of this year. After that I am free of that obligation and can turn my full attention to PTC.

When I attempted to open PTC the first time, I did so as a kid. All I can say is it would have not ended well if I did open when I had intended. I actually had the paper work for the place signed and ready to go, but a combination of factors, both personal and external and a moment of clarity made me realise opening was not the best thing at that time.

In the meantime I have been working my ass off and have bought a considerable amount of equipment. Pending a combo rack, mono and a few other bits and pieces most of the stuff we will need is already sitting in the shed.

I hate to make estimates, but if PTC is not up and running by February/March of 2013 then chances are I'm dead.

Hang tight. It's happening.

Thanks loads man. What's the estimated location? Would be so good to have a GPC affiliated gym in Adelaide so I can actually compete more than once in a blue moon and train at least once a week around strong people

Fuzzy - west lakes and brighton, you train at commercial gyms there or something?

Ill prob be over at christmas time visiting family. Staying with rellies up west lakes way and down christies way too. No doubt ill need to get my squat on.

Thanks loads man. What's the estimated location? Would be so good to have a GPC affiliated gym in Adelaide so I can actually compete more than once in a blue moon and train at least once a week around strong people

This. Looking forward to it :)