• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting / Oly type gyms in Adelaide

Darkoz : shut the fuck up & do the pullovers 0ni
0ni : Have I rustled your jimmies Darkoz? ~Alex~

mwahaha

Let me know if you ever train together, I will fly to Adelaide & record it for posterity purposes for ausbb :p

Darkoz : shut the fuck up & do the pullovers 0ni
0ni : Have I rustled your jimmies Darkoz? ~Alex~

mwahaha

Let me know if you ever train together, I will fly to Adelaide & record it for posterity purposes for ausbb :p
Chances are you'll see one of us on 'Australia's Most Wanted' :D

Lol i'd love to train with darkoz and would do bb training for maybe that once. Then id drive to my gym and do my regular training

I tried dc trainIng but it just made me feel really down the whole time

Lol i'd love to train with darkoz and would do bb training for maybe that once. Then id drive to my gym and do my regular training

I tried dc trainIng but it just made me feel really down the whole time

Slamming my plumbs in a car door sounds good

Have been wondering what happened to fuzzy. Bloke has an insane deadline.
So bitchy neighbours shut it down.
Pack of C U Next TuesdayS

Yes that's the one.
It's probably just a fitness centre now

I haven't been there yet but I have a PT session there this coming Wednesday.

Dan and Matt Brunoli own the gym now and have both competed in bodybuilding, Matt also has a 340kg deadlift under his belt!

It's NOT a "fitness centre"...

Fast twitch is on or near north east road. I drove past it a few times but it looked like more of a sports performance centre than a powerlifting gym

Yeah, it is a sports performance gym but it has 4 cages with platforms, bumpers, etc so it does work well for powerlifters and serious athletes.

I believe Fortus shut down.

There is Worlds in the city which is a bodybuilding gym.

Ben Cove used to do some training at Southbound I think. Not sure if he still trains there.

Limbo and Fast Twitch as mentioned. The new Australian Muscle gym at Pooraka. I think Ben will be doing some training/coaching out there.

Adelaide Fitness Solutions has access to the Crows AFL team weights area which is where I go. Limited hours though.

I haven't been there yet but I have a PT session there this coming Wednesday.

Dan and Matt Brunoli own the gym now and have both competed in bodybuilding, Matt also has a 340kg deadlift under his belt!

It's NOT a "fitness centre"...
Let us know what it's like lighty

I believe Fortus shut down.

There is Worlds in the city which is a bodybuilding gym.

Ben Cove used to do some training at Southbound I think. Not sure if he still trains there.

Limbo and Fast Twitch as mentioned. The new Australian Muscle gym at Pooraka. I think Ben will be doing some training/coaching out there.

Adelaide Fitness Solutions has access to the Crows AFL team weights area which is where I go. Limited hours though.

Worlds Gym was renamed City Gym I believe.

Ben no longer trains out of Southbound, I'll just leave it at that...

Yeah, Ben will be doing strength classes I believe out of the Aussie Muscle gym.

Ok Ben is here :D

Worlds Gym is relocating around the corner and now called 'Your World Fitness' from all reports it will be dope. As long as you can find a park

Adelaide Fit Solutions (crows gym) is where I coach; the gym floor is the shiz but we only get it between 5 & 9PM

Limbo's is good, has a Texas Deadlift Bar, Matty pulls 340

Fast Twitch; the bomb, Wish I lived closer........

Aus Muscle is in the process of starting their gym at Poroaka, I am aiming to go have a look today actually, I know Kim is keen to get some Power Lifters in their.

Most of the Crossfit Clubs are happy to let you train outside of their WOD's. Most are actually really nice places to train, bumpers, chalk, GHR's etc

Fuz's project at Prospect got shutdown along with over a years worth of epic progress in the sport by the **** next door. However, he is looking to open a PTC next year, personally I am glad Fuz is waiting.

Please excuse all typos and shit, I just got back from Squat day.

Last edited:
Yeah crows gym looks the goods but very limited hours, wanted to smash some squats when I had a footy run on a port match, getting paid Sunday rates to squat, but they said they don't open on game days.

I had my pt session with Dan last night at Limbos Gym and let me just say if it wasn't over an hour away from my house, I would have signed up on the spot.
The gym, while not being huge was awesome to say the least. It has some old school equipment most current gym goers wouldn't recognise, dumbbells up to 75kg, texas deadlift bar, hercules weightlifting bars, 2 very bad ass old school locally made squat racks, etc.
This gym is a bodybuilders/ powerlifters dream which also caters to your everyday "normal" gym goer.
There were some big guys in there, some of which compete on stage and they all seem friendly which makes the atmoshere in the gym a pleasure to work out in.
I'll be going back in there soon, that's for sure.