• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerbuilding Routines

Here is a program that I use which I would consider a "powerbuilding" program - I dont have everything set totally to the exercise/I will chop and change abit but gives you a rough idea....

Monday -
Squat
Bench
Band Deadlift/rack dead
5x5 - ramping up (last set will = thefriday before triple)
hyper extensions
ARMS
Abs
2-4 x 10-15

Tuesday -
Bench Accessories -
Hammer strength incline
Flat HS
Flys
High rep D-B bench – 4-5 x 15-20
Face pulls – 4-5 x 15-20
Push Ups – 4-5 x 15-20
Cardio – 30 mins

Wednesday -
Squat - 4 x 5 - Same weight as Monday
Mil press - 4 x 5 - ramping
Deadlift - 4 x 5 - ramping
Hyper extensions
Sit sups - 2-4 x 10-15

Thursday -
Back Accessories -
V-bar pulldown – 3-4 x 6-8
Hammer strength row – 2-3 x 6-8
Lat Pulldown – 2-3 x 10-15
Cardio – 30 mins

Saturday -
Squads - 4 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 8
Bench - 4 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 8
Barbell row - 4 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 8/Or Band deadlift/deadlift
First 4 sets are the same as Monday's,the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rdset for a final set of 8
Dips - 3 x 8

Sunday -
Shoulder Accessories -
Incline press – 3 x 10-15
Lateral raise – 3 x 10-15
Front raise – 3 x 10-15
Arms
Cardio – 30min

Here is one I prepared earlier, don't know about this power building shit, but it will biuld a manly body.

For those of you who are strong as an Ox, and just as smart, this routine isn't for you. But, for those of you who want to be thick as a brick, and just as dense, well, read on.

Three days a week, carefully note the schedule.

Monday
Bench Press
Narrow Grip Bench Press
Dumbbell Row
Plate Raise

Thursday
Bradford Press
Hise Shrug
Dumbbell Curl
Wrist Curl

Friday
Squat

Two 2 day breaks. A lot of road work like running and shit, and eating can be done on four off days. Get busy.

I think the majority of good powerlifting programs are really "powerbuilding". You have your lower rep "strength" stuff on your big compound lifts. Then you do some assistance stuff (could be compound or isolation or both) in the higher rep ranges. That is how all of the programs I've done have been structured (except sheiko I guess).

I don't think it's always the case for a bb routine though. PLENTY of people I know will never venture lower lower than 10 reps for some reason.

But then when you look at Sheiko's athletes they are all completely fucking jacked- even the guys under 60kg lol
Volume builds muscle! A rep is a rep, a car is a car, a homo is a queer and a sucker will be a sucker

But then when you look at Sheiko's athletes they are all completely fucking jacked- even the guys under 60kg lol
Volume builds muscle! A rep is a rep, a car is a car, a homo is a queer and a sucker will be a sucker

I would also assume that his actual athletes are probably 100% committed to the goals at hand. Unlike the majority of gym goers. And dunno about the whole "creatine" thing as well :p