• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power cleaning....a kid

Having 5 kids, I have a little experience. When Max was in Grade 1, Jesse was in prep.

One day Jesse tells me a Grade 5 kid is bullying him. Max backs up Jesse's story.

Now obviously I cant belt this kid. I pick them up from school the next day, and they point the bully out.

He starts denying everything, I tell him to shut up. I then tell him if he even looks at my boys again, I'm going to come to his house and kick the crap out of his dad in front of him, and he can explain why.

Max and Jesse said he never bothered them again.

I like this solution.

New laws to crack down on cyber bullying

"
The victim backs himself against a wall as he is punched in the face by the bully, but then suddenly fights back, grabbing the boy and throwing his whole body on to the concrete.
Sharlene Chadwick from Peer Support Australia told ninemsn school students need to be taught that violence is not a good way to combat bullying, let alone publicising it online. "

An extract from that article.

So, what is the answer to bullying? Tell a teacher? Tell someone else?

This is PHYSICALY bullying. The moment you tell a teacher or anyone else etc you are then exposed to VERBAL AND EMOTIONAL bullying.

I know exactly how i would raise my kids.
I'd tell them that if they were hit or bullied, to tell the instigator to back off and walk away. If it continues then i would encourage my kid to retaliate.

Until the bully's dad pulls a gun or knife on Markos.

Still like that solution?

I say find another kid who can beat the crap out of the bully...eheheheh

Kid goes home and tells his parents.
a) parents are decent and tell him he shouldn't be bullying other kids
b) same as above and also gets angry at Markos and has words. People act like adults.
c) same as above and kids parents goes nuts

Options? Never know who you are dealing with but I would like to think that the majority of people can talk things through rather than going crazy.

b) same as above and also gets angry at Markos and has words. People act like adults.

Options? Never know who you are dealing with but I would like to think that the majority of people can talk things through rather than going crazy.

i reckon the most likely outcomes are:

1) the kid doesn't tell his parents - he's not going to fess up to bullying another kid, so he stops
2) the kid LIES to his parents - he says some other dad threatened him and of course denies any bullying. this is where the shit could possibly hit the fan

Most of the time they are bully's because they comefrom dysfunctional families. The father will simply say. "Bring it on, I'll smash the ***** "

This sort of shit happens because of poor parenting, and slackness from schools and police.

When I was about 14 the 5 or so Aussies in the school full of wogs were always having a go at me. There was one little shit, Wayne, who was the worst, along with his buddy Sully. I was always being challenged to fights, my response was, "COME ON YOU **** I'LL TAKE YOU ON RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" and him and his mates would go, "oh no, after school, out the back here."

And of course I'd go out the school the other side that day.
Next day, "Where were you?"
"I saw that you had your 4 mates."
"Oh they were just going to watch."
"Right, so if I'm on top beating the shit out of you, they'll stand by and do nothing? Good mates."
"Aw naw but..."

And so it went for a while.

I told teachers, nothing happened.

One day we had PE, running around the park. Seeing as the useless PE teacher was sitting in the bus 1km away, Wayne decided to have a go. I tried to walk away, but all the other kids gathered around. "Fight! Fight!" Neither of us was really interested at this point, but they kept pushing us back in.

One guy knelt behind me, another guy pushed me over, as I fell back I landed on my wrist. I stood up, ready to have a go at the guy who pushed me over, he looked scared and ran away. Everyone started scattering except one or two who took me aside, "Sit down here."
"What? I'm okay. Hey why does my wrist feel floppy?" Two minutes later it seized up.

Off to the PE teacher. "Yeah I think it's a sprain... bind it up, wait over the weekend."

Turns out, greenstick break, radius and ulna.

Wayne got suspended, nothing happened to the other boys. I went to the principal. "He actually never touched me, it was the other boys."
"Well he still did wrong."

My mother sent medical bills to the school, they passed them on to the families, only Wayne's family paid up. The school did not follow up on this.

A week later, cast on my arm, I was called into the principal's office. "I hear you've been talking about getting revenge for your broken wrist."
"Yes."
"You should leave this up to the school."
"But you have done nothing, in fact worse than nothing, you punished the innocent guy and did nothing to the others."
"Jesus teaches we should turn the other cheek."
"Put your hand on the desk, sir, I'll take that metre ruler and break it, see if you feel like turning the other cheek."

I was suspended.

Schools are run by pussies, they are pussies because they're worried about being sued by moron parents who are all convinced that Little Johnny is actually an angel and a genius and he's just not appreciated by the evil teachers. It comes back to the parents.

Fat kid did the right thing, little shit had it coming to him. If parents and schools had their shit together, this stuff wouldn't happen. If my child bullies anyone, they'll soon be sorted out by me. And I will certainly expect my kid to step in if someone else is being bullied. If my kid comes home with film to put on YouTube, I will smack them across the back of the head and ask, "Why did you just stand there watching, idiot?"

You should always avoid violence if you can. Violence is certainly a solution, but it's only a first resort if you're a moron. Always walk away if you can, or seek the help of others. But if you can't walk away, and if others won't help, well then you have to help yourself.

Last edited:
Don't know where the hell you grew up mate but I grew up in the Western Surburbs if Sydney. I know this for a fact because bullying was a regular occurance at school and in the neighbourhood. Most of these bully's have one or both parents either in gaol or had been in gaol, they had parents who were drug addicts, alcoholics, convicted felons and the list goes on.

I tell you what PB, I will give you this rubbish and I will jam it down your throat. (metaphorically speaking)

A lot of the bullies actually are bullied by someone else (parent/s - where shrek is coming from with disfunctional families).

Send kids to private school, its pretty good here, not much bullying at all.

Don't know where the hell you grew up mate but I grew up in the Western Surburbs if Sydney. I know this for a fact because bullying was a regular occurance at school and in the neighbourhood. Most of these bully's have one or both parents either in gaol or had been in gaol, they had parents who were drug addicts, alcoholics, convicted felons and the list goes on.

I tell you what PB, I will give you this rubbish and I will jam it down your throat. (metaphorically speaking)

Western suburbs represent!!
i used to carry a butterfly knife in my backpack in high school as every day the local 5T crew would be out the front wanting to fight because they were bored and to prove a point.

Being soft was never an option for ANY kid in the western suburbs here in Sydney.
I got rolled 3 times and pushed onto train tracks from platforms by the local gangsters.
Hit on the head with a baseball bat. (hair wont grow back there now from the stitches)
Got Chased down the road after school with a machete. Caught one in my hand and have stitches to prove it. :D

When push comes to shove fists comes first and talking comes later in alot of cases.

Send kids to private school, its pretty good here, not much bullying at all.
Yeah, that's what I did, but then the private school got all bent out of shape because my boy has some issues from being bullied. At least it all seems to have past now. I hope that he'll be fine in that school and not be exposed to bullying and fall back on his violent responses.

Can't believe they went the whole counselling route so quickly though. We even had to go and meet the head of junior school to discuss the seriousness of the situation and the probable permanent expulsion if he did it again. He's 5 for fuck sake and "hitting" is a bit of a stretch. Your a boys school, deal with it!

They didn't, I did, problem under control now.

Cheers,
Mike

Ok fellas. Perhaps my perception of a few things is quite different to some of yours.

As shrek was explaining what life in the western 'burbs of sydney is like, it became quickly apparent that I grew up in a very different community / enviornment explained. I grew up in an community where drug &/or alcohol abuse wasn't a problem, an occassional law broken though nothing usually too serious ect ect. It's not that I grew up & still live in a middle class area..in fact it's blue collar 'working' class...but more the way that possibly my single parent steered me early in life. So perhaps I grew up (quite) sheltered.

That being said, after leaving my private school (for the day), I would meet up with friends who went to various public schools. Like birds of a feather, I seemed to attract similar people, who had the same type of values and stuff that I did.

i don't know what I'm trying to say here...I wanted to say this last night. A few things happened last night that prevented it, so here i am now.......

I love this video... kid has some power.... u get no where inlife letting people push you around.... he tookenough then he dropped the prick and walked away... thats the way it shodl be... he didnt vicously strike him while he was down.. it was a good old fashion decked him and moved on...
Thats the way society shodl work... punch on then move on.