• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Posterior Chain

Paul Carter is a guy built for benching and squatting that pulls 320kg
Just sayin, what he does works for him. No need to be anal about technique. He has stated on multiple occasions that the point of the SLDL is to get flexion though the lumbar. If you go deep enough the hamstrings still get a good stretch which is why you do them elevated

Paul Carter is a guy built for benching and squatting that pulls 320kg
Just sayin, what he does works for him. No need to be anal about technique. He has stated on multiple occasions that the point of the SLDL is to get flexion though the lumbar. If you go deep enough the hamstrings still get a good stretch which is why you do them elevated

You didn't say anything, you just posted a video.

Yes I am anal about technique this is why I'm Still lifting weight.

"He has stated on multiple occasions"

Show me.

Switch back to conventional when u can for a few weeks over the festive period.
If your coming to the bench comp we can retouch on conventional lifting again if your rusty.

I put Good mornings into your programming last time but u didnt like it as u had no SSB cant remember :)

Switch back to conventional when u can for a few weeks over the festive period.
If your coming to the bench comp we can retouch on conventional lifting again if your rusty.

I put Good mornings into your programming last time but u didnt like it as u had no SSB cant remember :)

What a great Mentor :D;)

A modified version of the SLDL is a better option in terms of efficiency and being able to add resistance over time....the path of resistance also minimizes the direct loading on the IVD's.

If you look at the way paul is moving you will see a massive change in the moment arm, in that the last 300mm there is no or minimal resistance and the last 200mm to horizontal ( full contraction) the resistance increases dramatically.

A modified version of the SLDL is a better option in terms of efficiency and being able to add resistance over time....the path of resistance also minimizes the direct loading on the IVD's.

If you look at the way paul is moving you will see a massive change in the moment arm, in that the last 300mm there is no or minimal resistance and the last 200mm to horizontal ( full contraction) the resistance increases dramatically.

What are the implications of this?

Ok i will backpeddle this
Do you think for the purpose of hypertrophy and strengthening of the erectors the sldl done with lumbar rounding is a good exercise that is specific to building your conventional pull

Ok i will backpeddle this
Do you think for the purpose of hypertrophy and strengthening of the erectors the sldl done with lumbar rounding is a good exercise that is specific to building your conventional pull
Do you think that 'hypertrophy' (fucken hate that word) and strength are two seperate things?

Do you think that 'hypertrophy' (fucken hate that word) and strength are two seperate things?

You can't have one without the other as far as I'm concerned

Hypertrophy specific training tickles me.

It's a workout, not a restout just work your damn guts out.

There was a time when the word 'hypertrophy' was only seen in medical texts, now every Harry and his dick use it.

There was a time when the word 'hypertrophy' was only seen in medical texts, now every Harry and his dick use it.

Cause that's what all the broz and one direction douchebags want these days man... The Hypertrophy haha

And if you really wanna get down to it, there are certain differences between building muscle and strength but I think it's a little off topic.

LIFT-RUN-BANG: Hitting the erectors with hyperextensions properly - Video

As you said the best way is to get a stretch and contraction of the erectors. If you do these to hit the erectors then round your back. If its to hit hamstrings then dont

Exactly the way I was saying to do, can be tough even at bodyweight if you do it right. Have to be careful with flexion/extension based lower back exercises though, especially for someone like myself who has had flexion based disc problems.

the path of resistance also minimizes the direct loading on the IVD's.

Just say disc's man, that way everybody knows what your trying to say and you don't give Oni a headache.

Are you using the distances specifed as distances left in ROM or for the moment? "200mm to horizontal (full contraction)" doesn't make sense, do you mean to vertical??

Oh and still waiting for a reply on why the exercises you mentioned are not lower back exercises Goosey?

There you go, you knew, you're suggesting the rest are simpletons?
on the other matter.
You'll be able to work that out yourself you're a big boy now.
I gave my reasoning.

There you go, you knew, you're suggesting the rest are simpletons?

Not at all, because somebody I know does the acronym thing to me and I can't stand it when I don't know what she means.

[ame="http://youtu.be/YJbnbpEkVFM"]Medical Terminology Concerto - YouTube[/ame]

on the other matter
You'll be able to work that out yourself you're a big boy now.
I gave my reasoning.

The only thing you said was about Carters form, which was Oni's vid. Yet to explain why GM's aren't are a good low back movement. Like I've said before, if you've got good reasoning I'm happy to hear/read your thoughts.

The way I define it is, strength builds a lift and hypertrophy builds a muscle

Example: SLDL builds your deadlift and your hamstrings
Hamstring curls do not build your deadlift but do build your hamstrings. This is why I say "strengthens and hypertrophies" because you can strengthen without significant hypertrophy, just look at me