• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Posterior Chain

Saying that stiff legged deadlifts are not a good lumbar builder is bananas

might get flamed for this but strengthening your core will also assist with stabilising and strengthening your lumbar spine.

might be worth including some core work, especially stuff that targets the abdominal core area.

I rarely do trunk work and wear my belt a lot for squats. I think this has finally caught up with me and preventing progress on my deadlift. I started conventional dead in my new program but I might shift these over to assistance and keep doing Sumo heavy.
Upper back is strong, gluten and Hammies are strong. That lower back just isn't surviving deadlifting :(
u3a9evuz.jpg

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-a9VbmUKfE]Elevated Stiff Legs 500x7 - YouTube[/ame]

I rarely do trunk work and wear my belt a lot for squats. I think this has finally caught up with me and preventing progress on my deadlift. I started conventional dead in my new program but I might shift these over to assistance and keep doing Sumo heavy.
Upper back is strong, gluten and Hammies are strong. That lower back just isn't surviving deadlifting :(

strong core, I mean TRUNK --> strong lumbar spine.
I don't wear a belt when I DL, even at close to 2xBW ... strong trunk ftw.
even if you have to do some pilates (flameproofing, don't bother). the serious stuff, not the pansy gym class pilates.

yep, these are good.

I deadlift no belt up to about 90%, however squats rely on belt after 65% ----> that is sad!!

Terrible core strength!!
Back day is about to revolutionise! (Not really but sounds big!)

I deadlift no belt up to about 90%, however squats rely on belt after 65% ----> that is sad!!

Terrible core strength!!
Back day is about to revolutionise! (Not really but sounds big!)

how come? or rather, specifically not so good for lumbar?
makes the problem worse instead of building strength?

Rep efficiency chocco
It was too much weight for him, you can see him use his quads towards the end, his lumbar looses shape, not a big issue for some, but this is a hammy and glute exercise specifically.

Goosey
What rep range for lower lumber area and what exercise do you think directly targets the lower lumber that doesn't incorporate too much of the glutes and Commies?

Goosey
What rep range for lower lumber area and what exercise do you think directly targets the lower lumber that doesn't incorporate too much of the glutes and Commies?

Goosey said the weight was too much for the number of reps.

What he is hinting at is use an appropriate weight for the exercise so that you don't lose form and work the target area completely.

He also said previously that SLDL and Goodmornings aren't helpful for the lower lumber.

Goosey

What ryanf suggested kaz.

A modified version of the SLDL, get some flexion and extension of the lumbar area.

I wouldn't count rep's, just go by feel, really concentrate on the erectors, move smoothly and go to fatigue, you'll feel the burn, that's good, the weight won't need to be heavy.

Goosey said the weight was too much for the number of reps.

What he is hinting at is use an appropriate weight for the exercise so that you don't lose form and work the target area completely.

oh ok, issue with the vid, not so much the exercise per se.

I still think work on those *cough cough* targeted trunk moves as well....