• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought of a tuna salad until coming across this forum, pretty much the same as others posted but this is what I am having right now

95g tin of tuna in sesame seed oil (greenseas flakes)
1 lettuce leaf
6 cherry tomatoes
sliced red onion
grated cheddar cheese
handful of natural cashews
olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing
touch of salt and pepper for seasoning

Can easily be improved by adding feta cheese instead of cheddar and will have to get some better quality 185g tins of tuna (sirena).

So tasty! this will be on my list of snacks instead of the crap that I would usually snack on. I have never eaten salads before, glad I finally gave it a shot and I would recommend you do the same if you have never tried it

Ate a large tin of Chop Chop today, that's canned chicken :)
Consumed it reasonably fast too, gone in 1min 13 seconds.
Will try again tomorrow, should get under 60 seconds soon.

Last edited:
I got the Chop Chop from Woolies, it's in the tinned meat section.
About $2.70 for 160g can.
Much better value than the Heinz small 85g tins for $2 each.
These are in the tuna section at Coles.

I got the Chop Chop from Woolies, it's in the tinned meat section.
About $2.70 for 160g can.
Much better value than the Heinz small 85g tins for $2 each.
These are in the tuna section at Coles.

The sodium content is pretty crazy for those tins of canned chicken, I have been rinsing it before i eat.

Just downed another can of Chop Chop Chicken.
Gone in 60 seconds flat, my new record.

New goal is 50 seconds.

I won't or I should say i didn't choke.

I'll just keep a tin or 2 in my esky for emergencies.

Hi all, im new to these forums (just a couple days) and been reading and learning a lot already. Haven’t been lifting for very long, and rarely did much compound work, but got a lot of info from here.
Looking to start the beginners program as of next week and want to improve my eating to cater for growth, as well as overall health. My current goal is to put on muscle mass. I know this will take time, and want to get my eating right.

To give some more details I am 6’5” and currently weigh about 88kg.

Yesterday –

Breakfast – 8:30ish:

Bowl of Sultana Bran with full cream milk

Snack - 1030/11am:

1 apple
Couple handfuls of Almonds/Cashews

Lunch – 1pm:

Bowl of Chicken Stir Fry – Chicken, Hokkein Noodles, Carrots, Capsicum, Broccoli

Snack – 3/3:30pm:

1 scoop ON Whey with 250mL Low Fat Milk
Small tub of Yoghurt
Bowl of Watermelon and Strawberries

Home 6pm – Pre-workout snack:

2 pieces wholemeal bread with honey

WORKOUT

Post-workout (roughly 7:30/8pm):

1 scoop ON Whey and 1 teaspoon Creatine with 250mL full cream milk

Dinner straight after shake:

Roughly half a roast chicken with vegies – Potato, Pumpkin, Carrots, Peas and Cauliflower

Throughout the day drank ~3.5liters water

Today –

Breakfast – 8:30ish:

Bowl of Sultana Bran with full cream milk

Snack – 10am:

1 chicken and mayonnaise sandwich on wholemeal bread (leftover from last nights roast)

11:30am:

1 apple
Handfuls of Almonds/Cashews

So far drunk 1 liter of water

Lunch and dinner to follow (being Friday dinner normally isn’t a home cooked meal)

The main things that change day by day are lunch/dinner; lunch normally being some leftovers (be it meat in sandwiches/leftover pasta/stir fry) and on weekends the times alter as I can sleep in a little. Apart from that most of my eating remains the same, some time adjustments occur due to work roster, but generally the time between is the same, just an hour ahead/behind the above.
The Almonds/Cashews are a recent addition to my diet J

A couple of things I am planning on changing/adding to my diet after reading these forums (which are awesome by the way) are:

- A possible morning protein shake before I head into work. Maybe follow that up with a couple of eggs on wholemeal toast (if time permits)
- Changing my pre workout to a baked potato with Low fat Cottage Cheese and some sweet chilli sauce (or is this a better meal for before bed? As I currently don’t really eat much between dinner and bed)
- Upping my post workout shake from 1 – 1.5 scoops (maybe 2?) of ON Whey.
- Also thinking of adding supplements such as Zinc, maybe taking fish oils too, but still reading that area of the forums, so any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Any suggestions/critique welcome :)

Daniel.

Last edited:
Quick update for lunch:

- Subway footlong Chicken Teriyaki (cheese, capsicum, tomato, onion and sweet chilli sauce)
- Low fat Vaalia yoghurt
- 600mL coke zero

For the rest of the arvo will be having (most likely around 3:30):
- handful of Almonds/Cashews
- Bowl of watermelon/strawberries
- 1 Scoop ON Whey with 250mL low fat milk

Welcome danco, can I suggest that you start our own training thread? You can still log your eating on there :) but it allows people to follow your progress closer rather than comments getting lost on the "what are you eating" thread! :D

Quick update for lunch:

- Subway footlong Chicken Teriyaki (cheese, capsicum, tomato, onion and sweet chilli sauce)
- Low fat Vaalia yoghurt
- 600mL coke zero
Nice lunch but gets mighty expensive having foot longs for lunch. Considering a chicken breast cost about $8/kg and you get about 3 meals from it with rice which is cheap also.

BTW - Welcome.

Thanks for that Katie, i will endevour to do that. Probably get one started over the weekend when i plan to start my first beginner training session.

Shrek, lunch normally consists of leftovers from dinner the night before (meat on sandwiches/pasta). Generally fridays are the exception though ;) But thanks for the suggestion, will keep that in mind for days when dinner leftovers are little or none :)

No problems, remeber lean mince also make a good high protein meal, good for bulking and makes a change from tuna and chicken.

Did not feel like cooking anything so I did this.

250ml egg white liquid
1 large banana
200gms plain low fat yoghurt
1/2 cup oats

All in a blender.
Doesn't beat steak and spuds but it's quick, cheap and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.