• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Is it meant to just be like a microwave pudding in a mug? Never seemed that interesting to me....prefer to just have a shake

More marinated and char grilled chicken wings last night, pulled slow cooked beef brisket the day before, slow cooked for around 8-10 hrs, delicious, not sure about today as I will be working may be Chinese take away. Combination chow-min may be on the cards....

steveP's training diary

Carbs don't keep you fuller they cause an insulin response that releases grehlin making you more hungry.

See above, it has nothing to do with volume, i thought you knew all this, it's nutrition at it's most basic.

That's because you are not smashing your system with excess carbs making you more hungry. Why do you think most people following a high protein/high fat and low carb eating only have to eat once or twice a day?

No it's because you are not having a massive insulin spike every few hours.

I have challenged you before to try having a high protein low carb diet for a few weeks to see what it does to you. But you mostly ignored that from memory. You will find all your hunger will disappear.

Nope. carby foods like potatoes and even rice are shown to have cause higher satiety than most other foods calorie for calorie.

Eat 1000 calories of potatoes or 1000 calories of nuts. Tell me what fills you up more.

Fat itself is not very filling per calorie at all.

If you want filling foods look for high fibre, high water, high protein, doesn't have to be all three. Two of them works.

Last edited:
Nope. carby foods like potatoes and even rice are shown to have cause higher satiety than most other foods calorie for calorie.
most other foods? what a load of bull shit
Eat 1000 calories of potatoes or 1000 calories of nuts. Tell me what fills you up more.
absurd comparison, at least the 1000 calories of nuts has heaps of protein and fat in it which takes a lot longer to digest than simple carbs in potatoes
Fat itself is not very filling per calorie at all.

If you want filling foods look for high fibre, high water, high protein, doesn't have to be all three. Two of them works.
depends on what fats and how you're consuming those fats and in conjunction with what other foods

a high fat high protein diet that keeps insulin blunted will result in less cravings, sugary and simple carbs spike insulin are metabolised quickly and leave you ravenous and needing to eat every few hours

most other foods? what a load of bull shit

absurd comparison, at least the 1000 calories of nuts has heaps of protein and fat in it which takes a lot longer to digest than simple carbs in potatoes

depends on what fats and how you're consuming those fats and in conjunction with what other foods

a high fat high protein diet that keeps insulin blunted will result in less cravings, sugary and simple carbs spike insulin are metabolised quickly and leave you ravenous and needing to eat every few hours

On how filling foods are you have to compare on a calorie basis. Any other way is just making shit up.

So I'll ask again. What is more filling 1000 calories of nuts or 1000 calories of potatoes.

Notice I didn't say have a heap of sugar to fill you up. So why are you being that up?

Unless you are diabetic why worry about keeping insulin blunted. It's a normal process.

On how filling foods are you have to compare on a calorie basis. Any other way is just making shit up.

So I'll ask again. What is more filling 1000 calories of nuts or 1000 calories of potatoes.

Notice I didn't say have a heap of sugar to fill you up. So why are you being that up?

Unless you are diabetic why worry about keeping insulin blunted. It's a normal process.
your 1000 calorie comparison is retarded and irrelevant to any discussion about diet

steveP's training diary

your 1000 calorie comparison is retarded and irrelevant to any discussion about diet

Give us a reason why.

A big part of getting lean is finding ways that allow you to feel full on lower calories.

Last edited: