• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
[MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]

978ec753f5d67838a646e5362d489169.jpg

[MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]

978ec753f5d67838a646e5362d489169.jpg

So because I mentioned potatoes as an example in another thread all you can come up with is that must I only eat potatoes.

Just for you
Yesterdays diet included 11 eggs, veggies, 750g corned beef and a few pieces of bread. I'm assuming that doesn't fit the storyline you are trying to generate.

So because I mentioned potatoes as an example in another thread all you can come up with is that must I only eat potatoes.

Just for you
Yesterdays diet included 11 eggs, veggies, 750g corned beef and a few pieces of bread. I'm assuming that doesn't fit the storyline you are trying to generate.

1344aa229724c035ecced41c9aaa4517.jpg

You haven't explained why. I'm assuming because you can't. When talking about how filling a food is you have to compare it on a calorie basis. It's the only way to do it.

Now because you are getting confused. I am not saying nuts are bad and potatoes are good. I'm not saying you should avoid nuts and only eat potatoes. I'm not saying nutritionally they are the same.

All we are talking about satiety per calorie.

An example
I am on a low calorie diet.

For the day I have eaten
eggs
Nuts
Green Veggies

I'm at the last meal of the day, I'm having steak, I have 750 calories I can add to it.
Protein and fat macro targets have already been hit for the day.
I am on a low calorie diet so likely hungry. I can add in 110g of macadamias or I can add in 1.1kg of potato. What's going to help me more in sticking to my diet?

You haven't explained why. I'm assuming because you can't. When talking about how filling a food is you have to compare it on a calorie basis. It's the only way to do it.

Now because you are getting confused. I am not saying nuts are bad and potatoes are good. I'm not saying you should avoid nuts and only eat potatoes. I'm not saying nutritionally they are the same.

All we are talking about satiety per calorie.

An example
I am on a low calorie diet.

For the day I have eaten
eggs
Nuts
Green Veggies

I'm at the last meal of the day, I'm having steak, I have 750 calories I can add to it.
Protein and fat macro targets have already been hit for the day.
I am on a low calorie diet so likely hungry. I can add in 110g of macadamias or I can add in 1.1kg of potato. What's going to help me more in sticking to my diet?
those aren't your only 2 options though, and if that's the reason you want to eat 750 calories of potato then good luck to you but I think it shows your nutritional knowledge is poor and you're going to have less than optimal fat loss results

those aren't your only 2 options though, and if that's the reason you want to eat 750 calories of potato then good luck to you but I think it shows your nutritional knowledge is poor and you're going to have less than optimal fat loss results

Big Mick made the initial comparison between Carbs and other foods. Baz just spoke about the initial comparison Mick made.

Never said it was the two only options. It was an example of a carby food and a fatty food. Did you really expect me to list the 1000s of food options available.

It's an example. Don't focus on the 750 calories or the individual food. It's an example.

Please explain why is shows my nutritional knowledge is poor. A shitty meme isn't an explanation either.

Big Mick made the initial comparison between Carbs and other foods. Baz just spoke about the initial comparison Mick made.
that doesn't make bazzas nuts v potato calorie comparison any more relevant

big mick is 100% accurate, eating a highly insulinogenic meal will leave you very hungry 2-3 hours later regardless of how full you may feel in the immediate aftermath

that doesn't make bazzas nuts v potato calorie comparison any more relevant

big mick is 100% accurate, eating a highly insulinogenic meal will leave you very hungry 2-3 hours later regardless of how full you may feel in the immediate aftermath

Again as an example. Eat 150g of macadamias or 1.5kg of potato. Same calories. After which are you going to be hungry sooner.

You still haven't been able to explain why you don't compare it on a calorie basis.

Never said it was the two only options. It was an example of a carby food and a fatty food. Did you really expect me to list the 1000s of food options available.

It's an example. Don't focus on the 750 calories or the individual food. It's an example.

Please explain why is shows my nutritional knowledge is poor. A shitty meme isn't an explanation either.
I'll tell you how, I was able to eat 1500 calories a day on a very high fat diet with almost zero cravings due to keeping my insulin blunted and minimising carbs. All whilst lifting and training 5 days a week.

There's no way I would be able to do that on a high carb diet

Insulinogenic meals are quickly metabolised and will leave you ravenously hungry only 2-3 of hours later

Again as an example. Eat 150g of macadamias or 1.5kg of potato. Same calories. After which are you going to be hungry sooner.

You still haven't been able to explain why you don't compare it on a calorie basis.
I was able to thrive on only 1500 calories a day eating a high fat diet that included a lot nuts.

Eaten in the right context (keto state/fat adapted) 150g of macadamia nuts could satiate me for an entire day, 1.5kg of potato could never do that no matter what context they were consumed in

steveP's training diary

I was able to thrive on only 1500 calories a day eating a high fat diet that included a lot nuts.

Eaten in the right context (keto state/fat adapted) 150g of macadamia nuts could satiate me for an entire day, 1.5kg of potato could never do that no matter what context they were consumed in

So that is your experience. You are not everyone. Some people do well on low carb, some don't.

High fibre, high water content carb foods like potatoes ( relax it's an example) actually digest pretty slowly.

I did low carb for over a year. 500g of nuts doesn't keep me full for 5 minutes. I just want more nuts.

That's fine that nuts fill you up. When it comes to keeping you full when cutting If it works it works, but a 1500 calorie diet couldn't have included a lot of nuts because even a small amount like 100g would take up around half of your daily calories.

Last edited:
You still haven't been able to explain why I was wrong or why my nutritional knowledge is lacking. All you are doing is listing personal preference now.

Ended up with combination Chow-mein from the Chinese shop last night, I even splurged and had a couple of Sim Sims, was surprisingly good.

Today back to home cooked food, missus and kids have gone away for the week, so I have 1.5kg of American Style Hickory BBQ marinated Pork Ribs to go in the Weber Kettle for dinner tonight.

That should have me covered.....

Ended up with combination Chow-mein from the Chinese shop last night, I even splurged and had a couple of Sim Sims, was surprisingly good.

Today back to home cooked food, missus and kids have gone away for the week, so I have 1.5kg of American Style Hickory BBQ marinated Pork Ribs to go in the Weber Kettle for dinner tonight.

That should have me covered.....

Hi Mick. What's a Sim Sim pls? And where do you live?