• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
LMAO that is exactly my point, you eat rice cakes that provide none of the above, you may as well eat cardboard.

Have a few chicken wings (or any other meat you like) and there is no need for BCAA's or protein powder, it's all there is one delicious package.

Rice Cakes (100 grams), 387 calories, 8 grams of protein

Chicken wings (100 grams) 200 calories, 30 grams of protein

mmmmm I wonder which one has more nutrition, and protein for less calories:p And I wonder which one tastes like cardboard and which one is delicious:D

tumblr_inline_mm3bqpMsEV1qz4rgp-300x300.jpg

As Whitey said, no one is eating rice cake for the protein content. Lol, I'm surprised someone even suggested that, even you. Do you really think I sit at home eating rice cakes for dinner? It's a quick high carb fuel source pre training, no different than fruit or whatever you like. It's pretty common for all sporting people to consume high carb foods that are light on your stomach pre and intra workout/sport.

Consuming something high fat like chicken wings is the worst thing to do pre training. Do you want blood in your stomach digesting food or in your muscles when training?

Mate you guys are just like talking to a house brick, it is a well know fact that the human body can quite happily exist without carbs as it is able to produce it's own from proteins, again there is no such thing as essential carbs, fats and protein however is essential for human survival.

If you believe there are essential carbs please show me a link or anything at all that suggests that there are essential carbs.

Here you go again, changing the topic and going on another uneducated rant. Who was debating whether carbs are essential?

Are they essential as in will you die without them? No. Are they optimal for training? Hell yes. Why would you want to hinder your training just to prove a point that your can survive without them? Again, there is no one size fits all. If you can perform fine mentally (the brain required a large source of glycogen) and physically with little to no carbs, great. However most people perform better with carbs.

And back to the original point. I'm consuming carbs as a quick fuel source. What are you trying to achieve Mick? Do you want us all to live on chicken wings and be a slob who talks about "30 years ago when I used to train"? I find it way more productive to find things that work for people and encourage the progress they make. How's your progress going?

Mate you guys are just like talking to a house brick, it is a well know fact that the human body can quite happily exist without carbs as it is able to produce it's own from proteins, again there is no such thing as essential carbs, fats and protein however is essential for human survival.

If you believe there are essential carbs please show me a link or anything at all that suggests that there are essential carbs.
You have a bit of confusion here Mick.

you can survive without water for a couple days too. Are you going to do that.

You can survive on a vegan diet. Are you going to do that.

Just because it's not needed doesn't make it optimal.

So because he has done the hard yards rice cakes are the go?? Makes no sense, he did not enter a body building comp because he ate rice cakes, he entered because he trained hard and it was something he wanted to do.

Pretty sure plenty of people have entered body building comps without eating a single rice cake, it's not a prerequisite to eat rice cakes. I have a mate that has actually won body building comps yet he does not eat rice cakes, so may be it did not work too well for him.

Steve wants to eat a rice cake. Why shouldn't he.

It's 50% sugar, it's garbage

If people like it and want to drink it fine but having 4.5 health start rating is a joke. That rating would indicate it can be consumed with impunity and form a large part of a healthy diet which is patently untrue.

Star ratings are paid for to some no doubt simplified system. Never looked at them in my life.

Sugar is sugar. It's not garbage. What is optimal depends on the overall context of the diet.

Star ratings are paid for to some no doubt simplified system. Never looked at them in my life.

Sugar is sugar. It's not garbage. What is optimal depends on the overall context of the diet.

The reason Milo is able to get the 4.5 star rating is because they rate it when consumed WITH Milk (Skim Milk), not just Milo by itself.

So in essence, Milo is 'piggybacking' off that Super Food we call Milk!

The reason Milo is able to get the 4.5 star rating is because they rate it when consumed WITH Milk (Skim Milk), not just Milo by itself.

Yeah you are right I have seen that before.

A spoon of milo in skim milk is probably fairly low calorie anyway.

a 4.5 star health rating is an indication it can be consumed with impunity, for a sedentary person this would obviously lead to poor health outcomes

what's so super about skim milk?

a 4.5 star health rating is an indication it can be consumed with impunity, for a sedentary person this would obviously lead to poor health outcomes

what's so super about skim milk?

If you work your diet out on star ratings that is your problem.

Average joe is pretty fucking stupid when it comes to nutrition, this type of confusing advice is stupid and dangerous.

But hey it's all about the benjamins baby

The average joe knows chowing down on a heap of milo isn't great for being at a lean weight. If they can't work that out that's their own problem. People need to take responsibility for their own shit.

They world revolves around making a profit. It's not a bad thing, it's just the way it goes. I'm sure you accept pay for the job you do.

If you work your diet out on star ratings that is your problem.

But people doing that are basing their diet on Government recommendation build on scientific research, the same people telling you that it's fine to eat copious amount of grain products and that tell you that artificial sweeteners and margarine are perfectly safe to eat.

PS the average Joe has no idea, I work with plenty of average Joe's day in day out, one average Joe I work with is doing a keto diet, but he will eat Chinese for lunch with heaps of rice, when I pointed it out he said it's Ok there is nothing in rice, Chinese people eat it all day long and they are skinny. I just left it at that...

Last edited:
But people doing that are basing their diet on Government recommendation build on scientific research, the same people telling you that it's fine to eat copious amount of grain products and that tell you that artificial sweeteners and margarine are perfectly safe to eat.

Mick give it a rest. You avoid grains and are fat as and weak. Must work awesome for you.

Mick give it a rest. You avoid grains and are fat as and weak. Must work awesome for you.

What does grains have to do with being either fat or weak?? Eating too much makes you fat I always thought.

Do people that eat grains get weak?? Where is the research supporting that?? So not eating grains makes you strong?? Can you please elaborate on this completely random out of the blue assumption you have made.

You are one confused dude, just pulling random stuff out of your head.

What does grains have to do with being either fat or weak?? Eating too much makes you fat I always thought.

Do people that eat grains get weak?? Where is the research supporting that?? So not eating grains makes you strong?? Can you please elaborate on this completely random out of the blue assumption you have made.

You are one confused dude, just pulling random stuff out of your head.

Do you even lift. I'm putting you on my list of people that don't lift.

Lol you two should just kiss and get it over with. Hopefully they will legalise gay marriage soon and the next you truly can behave like an old married couple. ;-)