• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
My wife supports everything I do. She likes looking at the pics of both trained men and women, she reads some of the threads, but she has met a few of you so I suppose its a little different.

4.jpg

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
5.jpg
6.gif

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
3.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
14.jpg
[/FONT]

My girlfriend thinks i have a man crush on Mike Mentzer cause i have his pic as my computer desktop.

Its true

Markos,

They're some big boys, but not one of them have good calf development! ;)

Runs and hides...

What is it with powerlifting that limits development in some critical muscle groups. I prefer the bodybuilding physiques. Lee Priest's shots are unreal, we all know he's got monster calves, but I'm personally pitching for the look of that guy Shrek posted. Low bodyfat percent with tiny waistline and real broad upper body and guns. Some huge legs won't hurt either and calves are definately part of that equation. This is a bodybuilding board and thread after all...

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Markos,

They're some big boys, but not one of them have good calf development! ;)

Runs and hides...

What is it with powerlifting that limits development in some critical muscle groups. I prefer the bodybuilding physiques. Lee Priest's shots are unreal, we all know he's got monster calves, but I'm personally pitching for the look of that guy Shrek posted. Low bodyfat percent with tiny waistline and real broad upper body and guns. Some huge legs won't hurt either and calves are definately part of that equation. This is a bodybuilding board and thread after all...

Cheers,
Mike

Because they are massive form being strong, they dont try to look strong by being massive...

I remember Jay Cutler on some tv talk show once when someone asked him wow you must be strong he replied something like 'well our goal is to look strong' imply that they actually wernt...

Hey n00bs,

I know mate, that's why I was just stirring it up a bit. Its all about individual goals. There's a fair few lifters here who seem to be focussed more on powerlifting type 1rm outcomes than bodybuilding. That's all good, but there's also others like me, Shrek, ceffo, derka and others that are more in it for the bodybuilding outcome.

I'll take that extra strength along the way as a bonus. It is nice benching, squatting and deadlifting more than most of the guys in my gym even if my end goal is not to necessarily be the biggest lifter! :D

I know now that to build a big physique you have to lift big, but I'm not going to forget my diet to limit my bodyfat percent nor neglect certain bodyparts just because they're not enhancing my 1rm. Horses for courses, but the stuff Markos and others bring to this board is invaluable for novice body builders and power lifters alike.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Hey n00bs,

I know mate, that's why I was just stirring it up a bit. Its all about individual goals. There's a fair few lifters here who seem to be focussed more on powerlifting type 1rm outcomes than bodybuilding. That's all good, but there's also others like me, Shrek, ceffo, derka and others that are more in it for the bodybuilding outcome.

I'll take that extra strength along the way as a bonus. It is nice benching, squatting and deadlifting more than most of the guys in my gym even if my end goal is not to necessarily be the biggest lifter! :D

I know now that to build a big physique you have to lift big, but I'm not going to forget my diet to limit my bodyfat percent nor neglect certain bodyparts just because they're not enhancing my 1rm. Horses for courses, but the stuff Markos and others bring to this board is invaluable for novice body builders and power lifters alike.

Cheers,
Mike

Derka is goneske...

I want the biggest lift and i want to look like a unit.. What i hate about the majority of would be bodybuilders is you cant speak to them about strength.

"hey man whats your 1rm deadlift"

"oh i dont do deadlfits too much intensity and thne i cant work on other gay exercises"

"what about strength"

"oh i dont want to be strong i want to look strong"

" how are you going to look strong when you bench 40kg?"

The cycle continues...

I believe that everybody builder must have strength if you cant deadlift at least 250kg i think your going to be a pretty shit bodybuilder... But hasnt history already proven that?

The best bodybuilders have been strong.. Heavy lifting gives that hard full look to muscles. Just go to your gym and look next time at the stronger guys they deffinetly look betetr then the preacher curl only crowd.

Imagine if you were a powerlfiter who could deadlift 400kg.. Now maybe im wrong but alot of that strength would carry over into body building wouldnt you say?

People are just lazy and dont want to pay their dues under the iron...

why is she against u being here??
We have different ways of thinking and prioritising. Having said that I fully understand and respect the fact that we’re different and am not out to change my wife’s or anyone else’s way of thinking to mine. Unfortunately there are people in this world who like things to be done their way because their way is the “right” way.

Fadi.

Everyones goals are different noobs.

Yours sound like you want to be as big and as strong as you can be,thats cool.
Im with mike though , i used the big 3 (squat , dead and bench) to get me from under 60kg (because i boxed) to the 85-90kg that i am now, I dont want to get much bigger,and am now doing more of a bodybuilding workout.

Mate ,,,,that sh#ts hard too, and after nearly4 months now of not trying to just improve the numbers (1rm) , my intensity is as hard if not harder than when i was just going for size and numbers.

I do curls , and lateral raises, i draw the line at pec deck,ha ha .
I love big lifts, and your dead is very impressive bud, but 1rm at the moment aint important too me.

I believe that everybody builder must have strength if you cant deadlift at least 250kg i think your going to be a pretty shit bodybuilder... But hasnt history already proven that?

Porter Cottrell. He was in top 10 in Mr Olympia and Arnold Classic a few times in the 90s. In his training video he says he doesn't squat or dead.

Attachments

• Cottrell Porter.jpg
    Cottrell Porter.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 154
Porter Cottrell. He was in top 10 in Mr Olympia and Arnold Classic a few times in the 90s. In his training video he says he doesn't squat or dead.
That may have been the difference between coming in the top 10 and winning. For some reason squatting was out of favour in the late eighties and nineties.
Porter was a fireman too.

That may have been the difference between coming in the top 10 and winning. For some reason squatting was out of favour in the late eighties and nineties.
Porter was a fireman too.

Bump he came in at top 10...

Also im sure he is juiced to the ****ing gills...

Maybe if he squated and deadlifted he might of won :p

All the Olympia competitors are, so he was at no advantage or disadvantage.
Porter may have had back problems, that's he did squat or dead.