• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Haha, I give up.

Eat what you want, and if you can convince yourself that pop tarts are good for you and a nutritional benefit to your weight training goals eat them till you choke for all I care.

But deep down inside you must know that they are a nutritional nightmare full of empty carbohydrates and excess sodium, not to mention all the other rubbish:rolleyes:

You are flossing a dead horse, there is no such thing as empty carbohydrates, all carbohydrates are the same, as long as you are eating the correct macro nutrient ratios you can eat whatever you like and still not gain fat (or you can lose it, if that's your goal).

Bro science has corrupted you.

Don't use workout mommy as your reference, there are glaring mistakes in your copy/paste that instantly take away any credibility.

And ffs, steak is terrible for you, especially if char grilled. Unless you buy hormone and chemical free meat you are going to be ingesting ALOT of "chemicals"

If you want to use the argument that there are chemicals in pop tarts = bad, better not eat sea food ever again because of mercury. Many fruits and vegetables absorb very small amounts of arsenic from the soil and water. Bananas, potatoes and Brazil nuts contain small amounts of radiation absorbed naturally from the soil.

I can keep going. Your diet will be very limited if you want to avoid everything with "chemicals"

I just smashed a box of cookies and cream.

Very rich, but very tastey when warmed and added to ice cream :)

I want to try these. What's the best flavour?

available in australia, I think cookies and cream also.

Woolies sell some other brand called nature something or other and there chocolate one is pretty good also. A lot cheaper than the US imported ones too.

available in australia, I think cookies and cream also.

Woolies sell some other brand called nature something or other and there chocolate one is pretty good also. A lot cheaper than the US imported ones too.

Yeah the strawberry is great frozen..
Haven't even bothered with apple and cinnamon

Straight from the packet.

I'm sure they taste much better toasted, but...

tumblr_ma3xc4uVYO1r3l66z.gif

Ive been rocking the "pacific valley - Tasty Pastries" for a while now. Get them from woolies next to the up and go's in the cereal section. Theyre still from america but dont seem to contain half the crap the real 'pop-tarts' seem to. And theres 6 in a packet.

Weighing in at 200 calories/52g each:

5g of fat.
37g of carbs, 17 of which are sugar.
2g of protein

this week, apple and cinnamon were on sale for $1.99

So at that price, easily the best cheat/time meal i currently have in my arsenal. Two of them and a shake and im out the door.

That said i limit this to twice a week, sometimes only once.

Chocolate is also good btw..

Ive been rocking the "pacific valley - Tasty Pastries" for a while now. Get them from woolies next to the up and go's in the cereal section. Theyre still from america but dont seem to contain half the crap the real 'pop-tarts' seem to. And theres 6 in a packet.

Weighing in at 200 calories/52g each:

5g of fat.
37g of carbs, 17 of which are sugar.
2g of protein

this week, apple and cinnamon were on sale for $1.99

So at that price, easily the best cheat/time meal i currently have in my arsenal. Two of them and a shake and im out the door.

That said i limit this to twice a week, sometimes only once.

Chocolate is also good btw..

I haven't bothered with the apple cinnamon, good?

Chic fudge is good, and the strawberry is great when frozen!!!

i normally just get the choc fudge ones but yeah... half price. Theyre alright, definately toasted and on ice cream for these ones. Its like an epicly lazy apple pie

I used to have an asian grocery store in my area that sold poptarts for about $8 a box, but since they closed down I've been buying the Woolies version as well. There's a lot less variety in flavours, but still pretty much the same thing.

I also stumbled upon these on grocery run the other day:
Groceries online | Online Grocery Store | GroceryRun.com.au | 2x Toast'em Pop-Ups Pastries ChocFudge 6Pk
Groceries online | Online Grocery Store | GroceryRun.com.au | 2xToast'em Pop-Ups Pastries Strawberry 6Pk
Groceries online | Online Grocery Store | GroceryRun.com.au | 2xToast'em Pop-Ups Pastries Wild Berry 6Pk

They seem to be exactly the same nutrition wise as the Woolies brand, but you get 12 for $4, not inc. postage.