• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Player's 2012 Body Transformation

Look at the side on pic. Your butt pokes right out (probably would a bit anyway), your stomach pokes out more than it should as it is not fat and you can not see your back properly but you look to have a large kyphotic arch in the lower back.

Basic lunge stretch is good, google it. Too much sitting down at high school and playing on the computer.

p.s yes :eek:

hey save so fixing my anterior pelvic tilt would fix my kyphotic arch in lower back? How long do you think it takes if im stretching every day?

after reading through some sites, this came up - Lengthen the psoas. Go to see a massage therapist and tell them you need trigger poiont release on the psoas. It will be very uncomfortable. You'll need to go at least three times i.e. once a week for three weeks, maybe more. They'll probably also work on your TFL and QL (tell them what you are trying to fix). At the same time do psoas stretches every day .

Do you recommend that dave?

and could anterior pelvic tilt lead to problems doing the deadlift?

Last edited:
yes that may be part of the reason for the tilt as iliapsoas consists of three important muscles. its not uncomfortable unless your a bitch but stretching hammys and hip flexors should do the trick.

it can lead to problems eg not being able to utilise hammy strength. SLDL and lots of stretching, especially pnf!

yes that may be part of the reason for the tilt as iliapsoas consists of three important muscles. its not uncomfortable unless your a bitch but stretching hammys and hip flexors should do the trick.

it can lead to problems eg not being able to utilise hammy strength. SLDL and lots of stretching, especially pnf!

Thanks, ill get a massage sometime soon.

BRB on friday

and could anterior pelvic tilt lead to problems doing the deadlift?
I had this early 2010, by August 2010 my squats/deads started to stall and I developed epic lower back stiffness and pain, squats/deads or anything that involved the hips became impossible by December 2010, first went to Osteo about it in January 2011 and have been doing religious stretching, massage, foam rolling and it's just starting to come good now.

I lost 12 months of squat/dead training & progression, see how close my bench is to my other lifts? My advice is to get it sorted NOW before it becomes a real headache.

I had this early 2010, by August 2010 my squats/deads started to stall and I developed epic lower back stiffness and pain, squats/deads or anything that involved the hips became impossible by December 2010, first went to Osteo about it in January 2011 and have been doing religious stretching, massage, foam rolling and it's just starting to come good now.

I lost 12 months of squat/dead training & progression, see how close my bench is to my other lifts? My advice is to get it sorted NOW before it becomes a real headache.

that sucks, i defiantly don't want to end up doing that. My plan is to read a few articles, having a hard time understanding it all though. Am i supposed to stretch daily? Would this be good stretching - 5 Simple Exercises for Correcting Anterior Pelvic Tilt

Apart from stretching, what else can i do?

Does anyone want to take a stab at my bodyfat? And is it normal to not really have any ab definition when relaxed, but when flexing to have a very visible 4 pack as shown in a recent pic above?

Hamstring/glute strength work and loads of stretching to trigger iliapsoas. Also your abs could be weak..

I can give you the number of a masseuse that will sort you out big time mate. No messing about. Has done a lot of training in his day. It's around $70 i think for an hour, I seriously would have a long hard think about who you goto for this.

BTW, he loves squats, deadlifting etc. Comes from black iron gyms.

Hamstring/glute strength work and loads of stretching to trigger iliapsoas. Also your abs could be weak..

I can give you the number of a masseuse that will sort you out big time mate. No messing about. Has done a lot of training in his day. It's around $70 i think for an hour, I seriously would have a long hard think about who you goto for this.

BTW, he loves squats, deadlifting etc. Comes from black iron gyms.

I do GHR, Squats, Leg press. No stretching atm, need to do it though. Abs could be weak, im planning to start doing planks.

The masseuse, is he in south side? I really can't get to north side. How many sessions do you think it would take?

He used to work out of Achieve Physio at Cooparoo on Old Cleveland Rd. He may or may not do that anymore. I think he could be mobile, he is a lecturer for the college we spoke about the other day (AIAS). So he might be able to duck over to your place after a lecture as he has a table on him at all times.

What about SLDL? You need to start doing loads of stretching, foam rolling. As for the amount of sessions, not sure. You really need to see someone to get some good work done before you're in Morgans boat though dude.

Just PM if you want his number. I would HIGHLY advise it.

He used to work out of Achieve Physio at Cooparoo on Old Cleveland Rd. He may or may not do that anymore. I think he could be mobile, he is a lecturer for the college we spoke about the other day (AIAS). So he might be able to duck over to your place after a lecture as he has a table on him at all times.

What about SLDL? You need to start doing loads of stretching, foam rolling. As for the amount of sessions, not sure. You really need to see someone to get some good work done before you're in Morgans boat though dude.

Just PM if you want his number. I would HIGHLY advise it.

Cooparoo i could do, might be a drive cause i live to the east, but i should be able to. The AIAS at woolongaba, could be too much of a drive from him to my place.

SLDL i have problems with, my lower back will always end up rounding and i will end up putting it all on my lower back. After the set i usually get some lower back "pumps" not sure what else to call it. The next day it will have a sharp pain to bend over so i scrapped SLDL. RDL (starting from rack) was a bit better, only went below my knees, i still had a small amount of lower back pump but the next day was fine. My new gym doesn't have a squat rack yet (lol) So i couldn't really do rdl.

Would foam rolling really be neccessary? Yes im that stripped of cash at the moment.

I would roll them daily dude..

I may have a spare foam roller you could have when i come to pick up my protein :p

I would roll them daily dude..

I may have a spare foam roller you could have when i come to pick up my protein :p

that would be good but then

they want me to send it back..:( sorry man. They said if I want to pay for it i can keep it.. so unless you want to pay for it and get it, im sending it back