• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA raw Nationals - Melbourne

its all finished there.
I had an average hit out. It was just a tuning-up session for me.
Lifted with wraps and belt. Tore a peice of flesh off my thumb so my hook grip sucked.
Went:
SQ 300, 317.5, 325- 325 felt the easiest. Plenty left in the tank.
B 200/217.5/222.5- nothing special, but had some left in the tank
DL 270, 290miss (grip), 300miss (grip)

817.5kg total :eek: That's pretty good for a a tuning-up session!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but what are your plans for the future? Are you going to compete raw or are you still hunting that 1000kg equipped total? Or both?

I think I'll do both- but my preference is to squat in wraps as I get sore knees if I squat raw every week.

Wayne Howlett does 820kg raw

Steve does 817.5kg with a mangled hand

Dave Park has thrown his hat in

Gawain is watching interestingly

Shaune Howlett will go over 800kg next comp

Adrian went over 800kg raw today

Good times for PL in Australia

Wayne reckons he gets 30kg from wraps, Steves hand will heal

its all finished there.
I had an average hit out. It was just a tuning-up session for me.
Lifted with wraps and belt. Tore a peice of flesh off my thumb so my hook grip sucked.
Went:
SQ 300, 317.5, 325- 325 felt the easiest. Plenty left in the tank.
B 200/217.5/222.5- nothing special, but had some left in the tank
DL 270, 290miss (grip), 300miss (grip)

Was ripping a chunk off your hand anything due to the no chalk rule I heard about?

I didn't have a choice though, big G. Not making weight means not lifting. Never again next time!

SP: that's a huge total for someone who's not even trying.

Baxter is just a barbarian. Personally, I find lifting out myself helps me lock my shoulders and back in and engage. Many of the Finnish lifters lift out themselves, even in a bench shirt- and the Finns have taken out SHW world bench title for the last 5 years in a row.

Thanks, I might have to experiment with that as I find I sometimes don't keep my shoulder blades together.

Another thing to keep in mind whilst I do 50 billion reps tonight. Sheiko is good for getting the movement pattern down.

I'm not going to try to emulate this just yet, but I was amazed at the arch some of the lifters were able to get.

I had to do a double take when, I think it was Jacinta, set up her bench. I don't remember exactly but I think she got 70kg at a BW of next to nothing on her third attempt.

How long til we can see the full results list usually?

I'm also keen to see the results.

Just my personal opinion on the hand off,

I found if its someone I train with lots & both of us know what to expect it works well. If its someone random who I have not trained with it tends to pull me out of position a bit...