• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
GPC is only $60 after your first year.

Chris, GPC recognizes best master and teen at nationals, everything else is just opens.
Also, we counted all the results from PA in the 2013 period, and from memory there were 430 (not sure on exact numbers) odd lifters. That's how we calculated their membership base, because as you said, it's something that bobby hold close to his chest.

Woody, PA, at least locally do 1,2,3 for weight class, and age class.

So you could potentially have 20 lifters weigh in at 85kg, and all get a medal.

GPC does not recognize age in comp, only for records.
Therefore, you need to beat all 17 to earn your medal.

All GPC meets are $50, regardless of size or location - except the Nationals which is $100.

Most of our comps are quite large - you can view all our past results here:

yeah, I think I will be joining GPC pretty soon.

I like the push pull comp at end of year, and I think the fed is pretty well run.

I'll update O.P. to show the membership price of each Fed shortly [MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION];

Hmm there is absolutely nothing in Mackay. No amateur group or any power lifting group outside crossfit.

Not too surprising i spose, it's a pretty drab town haha

Maybe i should start a new hobby/CAPO branch

Hmm there is absolutely nothing in Mackay. No amateur group or any power lifting group outside crossfit.

Good idea, decide which fed you like, and see if you start a branch.

Mackay has a fair population, so should have interest for a comp.

Yeah it does, there are not many clubs up here that do anything from dancing to kite flying.

I think PL could be a goer

as a fed, you could start off with a novice comp.

Still think you need to deal with issues such as insurance on day, but feds should help you out with inquiries.

There would be QLD reps you can talk to.

There are a couple GPC guys train at snap, I think. They just got some new equipment. Dean Illguth would be the one to chat to. Benches around 220-230

$165 for open lifter to join PA. Even more than weightlifting.

GPC and CAPO $80

woody, how much does it normally cost to enter ordinary PA meets and national masters champs.

Depends a bit on where it's held, but up till now it's been $50 for a local comp in Melbourne. Nationals are a bit more but I forget how much. The last international was $300 but that covered an SBD lifting suit and a drug testing fee. If it's a multi day comp or at a fitness expo you get free entry for all days.

Pretty sure there is a PA comp in Townsville each year.

sticky, is GPC membership still 12 months membership from date, or a calendar year membership.

I note CAPO and PA are calendar years.

Gpc is 12 months from when you join.

If you join in November, you are a member until November next year.

This is much fairer on the lifters.