• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
who says your opinion and stiffys and these others guys are legitimate man?you are allowed an opinion,however its because you are intelligent on other subjects,thats why i havent nuked thee yet.these others just get the blank.
no offense intended,but its kinda like me trying to tell you about farming.i dont know shit about that compared to you.

When I mentioned cost of competing, the fact that you have to become a financial member of PA and then pay an entry fee on top of it

OK, I thought you were talking about buying shoes 'n stuff.

Yes, it costs an annual fee and then a comp fee, which varies depending on it being a local, national or international comp. The Asian & Oceanias last month cost me $300 to enter, but then I got a new SBD lifting suit (the new national team lifting suit) and had to pay a $160(?) drug test fee. If you already had a suit from the worlds in Africa you got a refund for the suit price. So for an international comp, it was cheap. In CAPO/GPC there is no drug test fee, obviously, and no new suit. Anyone know how much it was to enter the big Hobart comp?

A local comp will cost around $50. A small one may cost less (e.g. a country town comp). Entry fee in Melbourne was free up until recently, then a gold coin entry now a $5 entry. I think that is to cover the constant plates of free food that our comps are noted for.

I have never done a bodybuilder show but I have been to a couple. Anyone here have an idea of what it costs to enter a local and a national show? Any international shows here?

I do know that i stopped going to bodybuilding comps because they hit you for $50-80 to get in. I mean, ferrrrk. Now talk about boring. Bodybuilding has enough electricity to make a snowflake melt but that's it. But that's me. Others think it's the world's best "sport". Go figure.

Some may find powerlifting boring, and it may be the case depending on your view. But then I find cricket to be about as exciting as finding a dog turn on your front lawn. Even the cricket bodies have admitted how "boring as shit" cricket has been and have had to change the whole scenario. Enter Kerry Packer and the one day matches. Now we have cheerleaders, flash bangs and uniforms that look like you work at KFC. And it's still boring as shit. It was on last night and I went outside to watch the mould grow on my kelpies turd in the back yard. At least it had a plot.

Golf? Fukmeded. The only thing exciting that happens in golf is when a kangaroo or croc wanders onto the grass. Mowing the fukkin' green is more exciting than the game. The last time I got excited watching golf is when a hot chick in a tiny skirt got out of a VW. (See what I did there? See? Haaaaa!! I'm frikken hilarious.)

Soccer? The world's most popular sport? Come on. It's embarrassing. You see more dives in soccer than the olympic high board event. It's like watching a bunch of 5 year olds running around throwing tantrums and running to their mother. "No handsy!!" What a bunch of poofters. (No offence to real poofters.)

Don't start me on football. NFL is a bunch of bogans showing a lot of man love. AFL? When it comes to the wide world of sport, AFL is a bird shitting in the ocean. It's about a relevant as the price of tapioca in Nigeria. They are so frightened of getting an owie they kick the ball away every time. And dare you bump into someone in one of those melees that resemble a bunch of PMT school girls waiting for Justin Beiber. At least real men play Rugby, but only if you are an All Black. Wallabies? More like Wannabes.

So, entertainment value and "excitement" is in the eye of the beholder, and a quiet comp says more about the audience than it does about the platform. If anyone was in the room in December when Jezza Upea walked out onto the platform for his final 405kg squat and the room exploded into a deafening roar that lasted through the setup, lift, red light, jury appeal and subsequent white light "good lift" reversal and after party, then you would know about just how exciting powerlifting can be. It is no different than oly lifting, in structure and tactics, and we know how excited the audience can get there. Go Iran.

Last edited:
Just because you don't know shit about farming doesn't mean you can't have an opinion.

yeah but its not really a relevant opinion now is it?if i dont know anything about a topic,i tend to keep quiet and let those in the know talk instead.

Im not actually claiming i know a lot either btw..i havent competed for that long(before someone gets their knickers in a bunch asking who this noname thinks he is).however i understand that this is an interactive forum,so if it was reduced,it could get less lively quite quickly.im not sure.people get busy.

or other competitors may see its safer to post without having someone wearing an e-facemask attacking them.who knows.i actually felt disappointed when i saw that there was "wars" on this particular forum between powerlifters and the sub 100 kg squatters.i mean how much knowledge and experience was driven away by the local gang members here just because they feel the need to be entertained and feel good about themselves.

Last edited:
no offence Gerry, but I think some guys on here know a lot more about getting strong than you, even in powerlifts. some of the guys you are criticising are way stronger than you. One of them (i think) has deadlifted 290kg, but has never competed.

Do your homework and then you might actually change your tune.

As far as your silly opinion that you need to compete, or even be a good standard to earn respect, is really Neanderthal stuff.

Now Marcos, from GPC, has hardly been a super strong person, about my standard i think, but he has earned the respect of many, and coaches many.

So, I say fuck off with your elitist bullshit.

yeah but its not really a relevant opinion now is it?if i dont know anything about a topic,i tend to keep quiet and let those in the know talk instead.

Im not actually claiming i know a lot either btw..i havent competed for that long(before someone gets their knickers in a bunch asking who this noname thinks he is).however i understand that this is an interactive forum,so if it was reduced,it could get less lively quite quickly.im not sure.people get busy.

or other competitors may see its safer to post without having someone wearing an e-facemask attacking them.who knows.

that convienent ignore function working well for you again hey jizza - selective hearing its called. Lets talk about attacking.

You came onto this forum all schitzophrenic making wild and weird posts about people following you and dressing up in school uniforms and following your kids around the schoolyard, see Part 2 thread http://ausbb.com/showthread.php?t=28226 <- its a wild read folks! Theres also a lot of wild posts in other threads.

A few people have a go at your weird posts. I feel abit something isn't quite right here, so I defend you abit.

You then start attacking the majority of the forum's strongest contributors, Silverback, Spartacus, Baz, Shrek, and a whole lot more. Most of the regulars. You also start attacking the one person (me) who defended you abit.

It then becomes evident that all that schitzophrenic talk was lies. Lies to cover up the fact that you were paranoid about people knowing you bashed some 13 year old kid back in N.Z. Do you want me to post the link of the article.

Stop being a dickhead gerry. and attacking people constantly, whether in this thread or any other. And stop saying, "your opinion doesn't matter because I out total you!"

Last edited:
OK, I thought you were talking about buying shoes 'n stuff.

Yes, it costs an annual fee and then a comp fee, which varies depending on it being a local, national or international comp. The Asian & Oceanias last month cost me $300 to enter, but then I got a new SBD lifting suit (the new national team lifting suit) and had to pay a $160(?) drug test fee. If you already had a suit from the worlds in Africa you got a refund for the suit price. So for an international comp, it was cheap. In CAPO/GPC there is no drug test fee, obviously, and no new suit. Anyone know how much it was to enter the big Hobart comp?

A local comp will cost around $50. A small one may cost less (e.g. a country town comp). Entry fee in Melbourne was free up until recently, then a gold coin entry now a $5 entry. I think that is to cover the constant plates of free food that our comps are noted for.

I have never done a bodybuilder show but I have been to a couple. Anyone here have an idea of what it costs to enter a local and a national show? Any international shows here?

I do know that i stopped going to bodybuilding comps because they hit you for $50-80 to get in. I mean, ferrrrk. Now talk about boring. Bodybuilding has enough electricity to make a snowflake melt but that's it. But that's me. Others think it's the world's best "sport". Go figure.

Some may find powerlifting boring, and it may be the case depending on your view. But then I find cricket to be about as exciting as finding a dog turn on your front lawn. Even the cricket bodies have admitted how "boring as shit" cricket has been and have had to change the whole scenario. Enter Kerry Packer and the one day matches. Now we have cheerleaders, flash bangs and uniforms that look like you work at KFC. And it's still boring as shit. It was on last night and I went outside to watch the mould grow on my kelpies turd in the back yard. At least it had a plot.

Golf? Fukmeded. The only thing exciting that happens in golf is when a kangaroo or croc wanders onto the grass. Mowing the fukkin' green is more exciting than the game. The last time I got excited watching golf is when a hot chick in a tiny skirt got out of a VW. (See what I did there? See? Haaaaa!! I'm frikken hilarious.)

Soccer? The world's most popular sport? Come on. It's embarrassing. You see more dives in soccer than the olympic high board event. It's like watching a bunch of 5 year olds running around throwing tantrums and running to their mother. "No handsy!!" What a bunch of poofters. (No offence to real poofters.)

Don't start me on football. NFL is a bunch of bogans showing a lot of man love. AFL? When it comes to the wide world of sport, AFL is a bird shitting in the ocean. It's about a relevant as the price of tapioca in Nigeria. They are so frightened of getting an owie they kick the ball away every time. And dare you bump into someone in one of those melees that resemble a bunch of PMT school girls waiting for Justin Beiber. At least real men play Rugby, but only if you are an All Black. Wallabies? More like Wannabes.

So, entertainment value and "excitement" is in the eye of the beholder, and a quiet comp says more about the audience than it does about the platform. If anyone was in the room in December when Jezza Upea walked out onto the platform for his final 405kg squat and the room exploded into a deafening roar that lasted through the setup, lift, red light, jury appeal and subsequent white light "good lift" reversal and after party, then you would know about just how exciting powerlifting can be. It is no different than oly lifting, in structure and tactics, and we know how excited the audience can get there. Go Iran.

I don't think you know what sport NFL is.

Lol, at a powerlifter bagging out other sports.

My poor thread :( Anyways back on topic:

P.A., G.P.C. and CAPO differences?

Can people clear this up.

P.A. - tested Fed, PA allows neoprene sleeves only,

(even though I personally know one person who competed in a P.A. event while taking gear)

G.P.C. - Largest fed in Australia, untested Fed, in GPC you can lift your head and bench on your toes, a different bar for each lift, Squat from a monolift. GPC allows knee wraps in raw, GPC has always promoted competition in weight classes, something PA does not. GPC does not recognize age divisions in competition - they are for records only.

CAPO - shallow Squats? untested Fed.

Aust Drug Free - tested Fed

Last edited:
I know a heap of natural lifters who lift in GPC/CAPO, they don't want the hassle of drug testing, the boredom of P.A meets and the bs political stuff that goes on. Plus if you train in a typically GPC/CAPO oriented gym, you want to compete with the guys you train with.

Very very few lifters in GPC are on drugs.

This definitely.

No chance of winning in GPC or PA so I would like to compete with the people that I am friends with.

My poor thread :( Anyways back on topic:

P.A., G.P.C. and CAPO differences?

Can people clear this up.

P.A. - tested Fed, PA allows neoprene sleeves only,

(even though I personally know one person who competed in a P.A. event while taking gear)

G.P.C. - Largest fed in Australia, untested Fed, in GPC you can lift your head and bench on your toes, a different bar for each lift, Squat from a monolift. GPC allows knee wraps in raw, GPC has always promoted competition in weight classes, something PA does not. GPC does not recognize age divisions in competition - they are for records only.

CAPO - shallow Squats? untested Fed.

no we don't know how many Pa lifters are there because they are not disclosed, at least last time I looked. When i asked wilks, and the ASC, they would not tell me.

Very very few lifters in GPC are on drugs.

Not accusing anyone of anything, but the reality is you can't know. You read regularly on steroid forums about guys taking gear while their family, friends and girlfriends don't know. Be harder for another bloke to know unless you're married to him lol.

what is wrong with having something for masters.

probably says more about the sport that there are not enough numbers.

I thought CAPO give trophies for first three where al masters lifters compete against each other regardless of age.

what is wrong with having something for masters.

probably says more about the sport that there are not enough numbers.

I thought CAPO give trophies for first three where al masters lifters compete against each other regardless of age.

my thoughts exactly.theres plenty of other sports that do it.

lol at this idiot crying over his inferior lifts and no mans land position.lets face it.you wont win anything anywhere at anytime.please stop being jelly of superiority and just love.thats what i do.i love.hahaha.

im sure your mates appreciate you talking shit about them as well.cant wait to see you join PA to get frequently annilhilated as well.especially in sydney.too good for u man.
What in the actual fuck man.

I didnt call you a fucktard directly?
I merely said that it happens. And i say much worse things to my mates. [emoji14]

And who is crying over inferior lifts? Im not jealous of one single lifter in this world, let alone on an internet forum. I lift for me. :)

I dont understand where the fuck you are coming from man. Ever.