• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
no offence Gerry, but I think some guys on here know a lot more about getting strong than you, even in powerlifts. some of the guys you are criticising are way stronger than you. One of them (i think) has deadlifted 290kg, but has never competed.

Do your homework and then you might actually change your tune.

As far as your silly opinion that you need to compete, or even be a good standard to earn respect, is really Neanderthal stuff.

Now Marcos, from GPC, has hardly been a super strong person, about my standard i think, but he has earned the respect of many, and coaches many.

So, I say fuck off with your elitist bullshit.

i think some sort of ranking system is probably needed for this forum to just to see who is what in terms of relative strength.Also its probably true that there are guys who have never competed that are stronger than me,but they havent performed their lifts under meet conditions which requires a standard to be met.

There is the issue of steroids as well.at the risk of sounding ad nauseous,i can only compare myself to those who compete in the IPF and more accurately,those around my size.I can only shrug my shoulders at gym lifts,strong man lifting and olympic lifting as yes it requires strength as well as a skill set that i dont possess,however you yourself have said powerlifting is the true test of maximal strength.

The forum boasts a GPC world champ,a M2 lifter with a world record and multiple national titles,a bencher with an astronomical bench,and an Australian junior title holder(when he rarely posts)plus oni with his deadlifts etc etc.i know who to listen to.
you arent really one of them no matter how hard you try to be relevant.no offence.i dont need to take lessons from guys who arent as good.i listen to people better.makes sense.
theres enough quality from competitors here.

The forum boasts a GPC world champ,a M2 lifter with a world record and multiple national titles,a bencher with an astronomical bench,and an Australian junior title holder(when he rarely posts)plus oni with his deadlifts etc etc.i know who to listen to.
you arent really one of them no matter how hard you try to be relevant.no offence.i dont need to take lessons from guys who arent as good.i listen to people better.makes sense.
theres enough quality from competitors here.

I've been trying to PM you a picture of my knob all night. Is your mailbox full?

i appreciate strength feats but i believe its the people who are willing to go the extra mile and get up there and display their strength(or lack of it) that should get the plaudits.
same goes for bodybuilding,you arent a bodybuilder until you get up there and do a show,you arent a strong man until you do a comp.and you arent a internet superhard man until u have 10 000 posts.

There is the issue of steroids as well.at the risk of sounding ad nauseous,i can only compare myself to those who compete in the IPF and more accurately,those around my size.

Easier just to look at the grading scales, saves getting focused on names and personalities. If you're highish on the grading scale and you are clean, then chances are you are doing better than many who use PED.

Just fucking shit up is good enough show of strength.

how do we know how strong you are currently and officially.plus you have already said that your deadlift is your weak point,and for a lot of guys it is.
needs to be rubber stamped.you cant just go to the website and put your gym lifts next to the grading scale..i used to do that..i was awesome!!certainly a lot better until i got to the comp and had everything redlighted.then i knew.deluuusional.

good idea, I rank vonfram well ahead of you gerry.

We have enough proof of vonfram's strength from the many clips he provides.

gerry, you should be proud of your gold medal, but here at AusBB, you are just one forum member.

In PA if you join after September you get a discounted rate. Otherwise it's a January to December membership. You also get a discount if you are a pensioner so I assume the blind and disabled lifters get the lower rate.

One thing I didn't like PA is how much they hated drugs and other feds (at the time it was only really CAPO) - yes I understand you are a tested fed etc - but to basically say using drugs in cheating (when we are talking about powerlifting, weight lifting etc) is like saying having fake boobs at the play boy mansion is cheating.....like come on - I am not anti-drug and I am not pro-drug use but I understand that drugs play a big role within weight lifting....in my decisions with different people I was fairly taken back at the hatred toward it...

using drugs in PA is cheating; that one is straightforward. all PA lifters are expected to adhere to ASADA guidelines.

But saying CAPO lifters are cheats more problematic, because there is no drug testing, besides the few that ma wish to get AWPC records.

I have never thought it was a smart strategy by the PA hierarchy to just lampoon all CAPO lifters in a derogatory way. You have to be wise when trying to attract members.

This attitude is a key reason why non-PA powerlifter members less than half of lifters.

There are a whole lot of reasons why people choose different feds.

Don't the other Feds state in there rules drug use is cheating? They just don't test. So if that's the case drug use is cheating the comp just turns a blind eye to it.

[h=3]http://www.capopowerlifting.com.au/records.html

AWPC World Records
[/h]The Amateur World Powerlifting Congress (AWPC) is a division of the WPC. All rules and regualtions are the same as the WPC, the only difference is that it is drug-tested. You can find a list of banned substances by the AWPC by clicking here

You must indicate on your entry form that you are attempting an AWPC record and pay the additional fee. 10% of lifters that are attempting an AWPC world record will be randomly chosen for drug testing. At the competition you must notify the table before your lift that you are attempting an AWPC world record. You MUST complete a AWPC world record application form ON THE DAY OF COMPETITION as you will need the signatures of all the referees. Once the form is completed hand it to a CAPO Official at the table. If you do not do this on the day of competition, your world record will not be recognised. The application form can be found in the downloads section. The list of AWPC world records can be found by clicking here

good idea, I rank vonfram well ahead of you gerry.

We have enough proof of vonfram's strength from the many clips he provides.

gerry, you should be proud of your gold medal, but here at AusBB, you are just one forum member.

ill wait to see how he goes when he competes.whenever that will be.2030?id be the first to congratulate him btw.
his bench is far better,however his squat and deadlift arent.id beat him i think if i was as heavy bw wise but whether thats enough to trim the lead he would have on bench?plus you arent a PA judge.His lifts are done in the sanctity of his home,its harder to do at a meet.
im at my strongest at around 100 kgs.doesnt suit me to compete there though.105 is a division full of exceptionally strong men.
however its guesswork.he could come out and total big.but he hasnt....yet.

Don't the other Feds state in there rules drug use is cheating? They just don't test. So if that's the case drug use is cheating the comp just turns a blind eye to it.

The IFBB also have rules regarding drug use........so thats saying something lol

PA limit themselves with their narrow minded approach to athletes and them being able to compete in PA - I was told that if a PA competitor was for whatever reason to compete in a CAPO event they might aswell never bother rocking up for a PA event again....that is so narrow minded and in a sport that is VERY small anyway its really not smart business....I believe a competitor should be able to compete in whatever fed they like at any given time....of course if your using drugs don't compete in PA...because yes that is cheating....but for a "clean" competitor they should have the option to compete in PA one week, CAPO the next and GPC the next if they really wanted to....PA have lost alot of ppl due to this....

And gerry, so what.

Lots of people have their own reasons not to compete.

I have never been a great competitor; I merely try hard when I do.

No need to make out certain people are warriors and others are not. That would be absolute bullshit, and I don't think you will get that much sympathy for that view here at AusBB.

Again, lighten up.

ill wait to see how he goes when he competes.whenever that will be.2030?id be the first to congratulate him btw.
his bench is far better,however his squat and deadlift arent.id beat him i think if i was as heavy bw wise but whether thats enough to trim the lead he would have on bench?plus you arent a PA judge.His lifts are done in the sanctity of his home,its harder to do at a meet.
im at my strongest at around 100 kgs.doesnt suit me to compete there though.105 is a division full of exceptionally strong men.
however its guesswork.he could come out and total big.but he hasnt....yet.

I thought you were all about challenging yourself, being the best etc....why not compete at 105 and try and be the best...instead of simply dropping a few kgs to compete in an easier div....

lol it seems you keep trying to prick my ego with these little jabs,however im well aware where im at on the totem pole.Theres many better and theres many worse.ive seen good and know im not, but i know what bad looks like also.im not bad either.