• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I've been away from this forum for a few months, but nothing changes around here......

El Stiffy

I am the Vice President of GPC Australia.

As far as members go, GPC is the largest fed in Australia, and has been for around 12 months.
We have close to 600 financial members as of this morning.

The rule book for PA, and GPC is almost identical.
PA is tested, GPC is not.

The only rule difference as far as lifting goes is on bench press.
In GPC you can lift your head and bench on your toes.
You cannot do this in PA.
Squat depth is the same.
Commands are the same.

Another difference is the use of speciality equipment.
We have a different bar for each lift.
We squat from a monolift.

GPC allows knee wraps in raw, PA allows neoprene sleeves.

Another difference is GPC has always promoted competition in weight classes, something PA does not.
GPC does not recognize age divisions in competition. They are for records only.
This means, instead of rocking up and winning by default, you actually have to beat people - that's what powerlifting actually was originally about. A lot of comps, especially something like the Nationals will have 10-20 lifters in each class.

I don't frequent this forum much anymore due to the number moronic posts, bickering and general derailing of useful threads, so if you would like some further info on GPC, please feel free to email me at scott@ptcbrisbane.com :)

As a side note, I'm bringing Stan Efferding out in May to attend our nationals (which will have around 300 competitors over 6 days in surfers paradise) which will be awesome.

PTC Brisbane - The Rhino is coming! - YouTube

lol you dont recognise age in competitions yet have a grading system with the masters there..plus you cant help it if noone else shows up in your age category man.i think age categories are a great idea.superb even.

lol things you guys say doesnt add up,no no we have hardly any drug use in our fed,but you have current competitors giving steroid advices and saying PA drug tests are easy to beat.

??

Last edited:
lol you dont recognise age in competitions yet have a grading system with the masters there..plus you cant help it if noone else shows up in your age category man.i think age categories are a great idea.

lol things you guys say doesnt add up,no no we have hardly any drug use in our fed,but you have current competitors giving steroid advices and saying PA drug tests are easy to beat.

??

Dont talk please. Ever.

Dont talk please. Ever.

im not sure anything i say is directed to you in this particular context as competitors are talking here .back to ignore with you.because i can.i hope im not being rude completely dismissing you btw.i dont want you to think that.but its for the best.

Last edited:
im not trying to be divisive here as powerlifting is a cool thing to do.and unlike others im not fussed about people using drugs to enhance their performance.and if they choose to be transparent about it,well fairplay to them.
i choose not to and hope others competing in PA are the same.

i think theres a difference in definitions regarding what actual natty status is.for me its never having taken anything to enhance your sporting performance.not, oh i did a cycle 3 yrs ago but im clean now.thats not natty.

I've been away from this forum for a few months, but nothing changes around here......

El Stiffy

I am the Vice President of GPC Australia.

As far as members go, GPC is the largest fed in Australia, and has been for around 12 months.
We have close to 600 financial members as of this morning.

The rule book for PA, and GPC is almost identical.
PA is tested, GPC is not.

The only rule difference as far as lifting goes is on bench press.
In GPC you can lift your head and bench on your toes.
You cannot do this in PA.
Squat depth is the same.
Commands are the same.

Another difference is the use of speciality equipment.
We have a different bar for each lift.
We squat from a monolift.

GPC allows knee wraps in raw, PA allows neoprene sleeves.

Another difference is GPC has always promoted competition in weight classes, something PA does not.
GPC does not recognize age divisions in competition. They are for records only.
This means, instead of rocking up and winning by default, you actually have to beat people - that's what powerlifting actually was originally about. A lot of comps, especially something like the Nationals will have 10-20 lifters in each class.

I don't frequent this forum much anymore due to the number moronic posts, bickering and general derailing of useful threads, so if you would like some further info on GPC, please feel free to email me at scott@ptcbrisbane.com :)

As a side note, I'm bringing Stan Efferding out in May to attend our nationals (which will have around 300 competitors over 6 days in surfers paradise) which will be awesome.

PTC Brisbane - The Rhino is coming! - YouTube

Cheers Sticky. Thanks for the contribution. O.P. updated.

I have been out of the powerlifting game for awhile - I was approached by PA to have powerlifting events at my gym when I was co-owner, for a business owner even though PA is/was "big" - it was not exciting and did not seem a good/viable business idea as it came across as somewhat boring - sorry for any PA competitors out there - I do think it is a fantastic fed - but the way they run/or at least used too (things could of changed) seemed like a day at the library.

CAPO was alot more exciting and we went down that road and took a team to a few events - seemed like a much better group of guys, less bullshit and a more exciting event.

Yes it is a "tested" fed and CAPO is everything goes.

I think GPC was just coming into the game within Australia when I was getting out (I can remember Markos etc being in Albruy at the CAPO nationals) - but from what I can see GPC nowdays is the way to go - exciting comps, big names, great group of guys/gals, great experience etc etc etc......I hope to go to my 1st GPC comp soon...but from what I have seen it looks like a great time....

My thoughts don't count for much though as I have not really been in the "powerlifting circle" for a good 4 odd years so I am just really looking in from the back row now....

good work sticky, GPC has 600 members.

But I still reckon AusBB is both informative and amusing, and both elements are important to making a good forum.

good work sticky, GPC has 600 members.

But I still reckon AusBB is both informative and amusing, and both elements are important to making a good forum.
Correct and even if there is the odd moronic post is better than no posts at all like s certain forum I know where they ridiculed Ausbb and said it would die.

Correct and even if there is the odd moronic post is better than no posts at all like s certain forum I know where they ridiculed Ausbb and said it would die.

Spot on. One post a month doesn't make for a good forum no matter what the content. Sure a bit of shit gets spoken and threads can go off topic but it's no different on any forum on the internet with any sort of traffic.

In saying that has the traffic dropped off this forum a bit of late or is it just the holiday period where people don't spend all day at work bludgeing on ausbb.

Powerlifting is an easy target and a lot of people take themselves way too seriously. Hell, I'm still paying my membership fees which makes as much sense as deep frying my dick given I don't even lift.

i don't think anyone's livelihood is imperiled by the lampooning of powerlifting on this forum. To my knowledge, everyone in Australia involved in powerlifting has to hold down a full time job to support their very special habit.

And for some reason powerlifting is the only sport that you have to be actively competing in to have an opinion.

I have been out of the powerlifting game for awhile - I was approached by PA to have powerlifting events at my gym when I was co-owner, for a business owner even though PA is/was "big" - it was not exciting and did not seem a good/viable business idea as it came across as somewhat boring - sorry for any PA competitors out there - I do think it is a fantastic fed - but the way they run/or at least used too (things could of changed) seemed like a day at the library.

CAPO was alot more exciting and we went down that road and took a team to a few events - seemed like a much better group of guys, less bullshit and a more exciting event.

Yes it is a "tested" fed and CAPO is everything goes.

I think GPC was just coming into the game within Australia when I was getting out (I can remember Markos etc being in Albruy at the CAPO nationals) - but from what I can see GPC nowdays is the way to go - exciting comps, big names, great group of guys/gals, great experience etc etc etc......I hope to go to my 1st GPC comp soon...but from what I have seen it looks like a great time....

My thoughts don't count for much though as I have not really been in the "powerlifting circle" for a good 4 odd years so I am just really looking in from the back row now....

i love the library and reading books.raises your iq.id choose that over a boring conversation with a numbskull anyday.

gerry full stop and I.Q. in the one sentence. Now theres an oxymoron if ever I've seen one :D

Last edited:
And for some reason powerlifting is the only sport that you have to be actively competing in to have an opinion.

its ok Baz,im not a snob,i just dont think people who havent got the cojones to get up on the platform are speaking from experience.Any other topic..fair game.

its ok Baz,im not a snob,i just dont think people who havent got the cojones to get up on the platform are speaking from experience.Any other topic..fair game.

Every other sport people who have never played the sport are allowed to have legitimate opinions about the sport. I was watching the NFL with women commentators giving their opinion, I am assuming they didn't play NFL. There are a few reasons why powerlifting will stay a nothing sport and that's one of them.

Every other sport people who have never played the sport are allowed to have legitimate opinions about the sport. I was watching the NFL with women commentators giving their opinion, I am assuming they didn't play NFL. There are a few reasons why powerlifting will stay a nothing sport and that's one of them.

i think the best pundits and commentators are the ones that have been there.