• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Organic Almond Milk and Soy Milk

Which is why I said to consider it, who knows, the OP may like soy milk so much that he starts drinking gallons of it a day, then it's goodbye testicles and hello bitch tits!

Bwahahahaaaaaa:D, Darkos, you make me LMAO sometimes LOL

I don't like soy at all...yuk, but almond milk is ok, don't think it tastes as good as plain whole fat milk though.
If I were you mick, just add less normal milk and a bit of water to your shakes. I use to do that because it tasted better than plain old water.

Meat over tofu any day...But people who say its tastes crap just cant cook with it.

on topic...Soy milk i like...And have also made my own alomd milk...But its a bit time consumming for what it is really.

Just plain old milk for me. Nom Nom

Ok, here are some numbers for a 250ml serving of each product:

Whole Milk:
Energy - 166 cal
Protein - 8 gram
Total Fat - 8.8 gram
Carbs - 12.2 gram

Soy Milk:
Energy - 194 cal
Protein - 7.8 gram
Total Fat - 11.8 gram
Carbs - 12.5 gram

Almond Milk:
Energy - 78 cal
Protein - 1.3 gram
Total Fat - 3.0 gram
Carbs - 11 gram

Looking at that from a cutting diet perspective almond milk is the go for lowest over all calories, lowest fat, but also lowest protein.

Soy milk and whole milk seem to be almost on par as far as nutritional value goes, and all three have similar carb levels.

If you go with skim milk, 250ml gives you

Energy - 85 cal
Protein - 9 gram
Total Fat - 0.3 gram
Carbs - 12 gram

From a cutting perspective, this would be the way to go, if you want the protein punch too.
Plus it has higher calcium than whole milk too.

I used to hate soy and almond and rice milk

but after visiting naturopath she told me to cut out the 1 litre of skim milk per day and also cut out bread and all dairy, I grown to like almond milk now

apparently there are a report where soy milk lowers T levels (apparently)

Anybody know anything about this?

I used to hate soy and almond and rice milk

but after visiting naturopath she told me to cut out the 1 litre of skim milk per day and also cut out bread and all dairy, I grown to like almond milk now

apparently there are a report where soy milk lowers T levels (apparently)

Anybody know anything about this?

First don't listen to anything a naturopath says. If they had any training that was even remotely scientifically based it would be good.

Unless the bulk of your diet is soy don't worry about it lowering T levels.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread guys, buy I just thought I'd share this with you:
As an older guy who has to watch what he consumes, I use a fair bit of Almond milk. The one I use is Blue Diamond Unsweetened. It tastes pretty good and the nutritional info is as follows:

per 250ml serve
40 calories
1.3 g protein
3 g fat
1.8 g carbs (of which 0.3 g is sugar)
plus you get almost 40% of your daily calcium per serve

great if you are doing low carb!

cheers

Just discovered Almond Milk! So Good Unsweetened!

Also discovered Almond Milk with Coconut Milk!

Have been using it instead of water for my shakes!!

Love it!

yeah, me too. Was using Soy Milk for a few years then when Almond Milk came out started using that. Last year or two the Unsweetened Almond Milk has been available, been using that now.

Not a lot of information out there on it though.

All you other kunce, prolly should stick to normal Milk, support [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; superannuation fund! ;)

yeah, me too. Was using Soy Milk for a few years then when Almond Milk came out started using that. Last year or two the Unsweetened Almond Milk has been available, been using that now.

Not a lot of information out there on it though.

All you other kunce, prolly should stick to normal Milk, support [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; superannuation fund! ;)
I read that normal milk is a big contributor to Hormone Cancers. [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; elaborate.

Prolly will need its own thread.

almond milk tastes disgusting to me.

I'm a tight ass and CBF going to buy milk all the time so UHT powdered skim for me.

And re the testosterone thing with soy products, you'd have to consume a LOT of it to actually make a difference.

And re the testosterone thing with soy products, you'd have to consume a LOT of it to actually make a difference.

^this. I read somewhere that the whole Soy lowering Test thing was exaggerated by the Milk producers seeing Soy as a threat to their market share.

When I was drinking Soy instead of Milk I was also rooting every night and training every day and was pretty agro too. Pretty sure Soy didn't stuff my Test levels.

^this. I read somewhere that the whole Soy lowering Test thing was exaggerated by the Milk producers seeing Soy as a threat to their market share.

When I was drinking Soy instead of Milk I was also rooting every night and training every day and was pretty agro too. Pretty sure Soy didn't stuff my Test levels.

I doubt it. If the milk companies could have got their act together they wouldn't have allowed soy and almond juice products to be called milk.

Saying soy lowers tests isn't going to have much of an influence anyway. If you drink soy test levels are the least of your problems.