• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions on Stronglifts

i finished reading the thread in ns.com a couple days ago. took me a few weeks to get through it - Ghosty reads like one of the worlds more special people but in a good way.
I haven't worked out how to profit from it yet :p

PB, you need to chill out or spend some time on the sidelines with Modo, Kyle is not viscious and he cannot fit anymore smith machines up there, he has too many already. :p

Isn't Modo having a long rest in Frankston?

And Kyle - your avatar looks like Ryan O'Reily from Oz. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Aaron.

Its a shitty forum, I just went for a look, and Kyle was spot on with his assesment.

I havent been banned but I have nothing to contribute either, plus I like Shrek lol

Don't be afraid to use the 'report post' function. Takes time for me to read all threads sometimes.

nah nothing worth reporting but based on previous posts / behaviour i got the sh!ts he posted in my training diary. it's not that he'd done anything that i would charaterise as wrong. more just me wanting to give my 2 cents about some of the stuff he posted and not wanting any of that in my training thread.

Ok, so which one of you is JLuck88?? lol

funny.jpg

Cheers,

Aaron.

How funny is that shit.

Is he the biggest nancy boy on the planet, I hope his "followers" read that thread/post.

Woah I haven't been on in a bit over a month and I seemed to have missed ALOT!

To be fair, it is true that if a coach posted their log a lot of cocksmocks would jump up to have a go at him. And Mehdi enforces a "nice" atmosphere on the rest of his forum, why not in his own training journal, too.

But on the other hand, he should harden up. And even if he doesn't have an actual training journal, he shouldn't be afraid to talk about his own training, or lack of it. You ought to be able to ask him if his lifts are 1RM or 5RMs, seriously.

Hey you never know, he could of been castrated early in life or someone, maybe he is actually a woman and those lifts are 5rm?

btw PTC you got some questions aimed at you in the widowmaker 20 rep squat thread, looks like you spiked a few people's interest :)

I havent been back for awhile. I know most of you think I went on there to stir it up, but if I feel I cant help anyone, I dont waste my time

I have recieved a few emails from members asking for help and I answered them though

Of course Markos went to stronglifts.com to stir, he stirs everywhere he goes, all forums, his newsletters, his garage... I've never sat down to dinner with his family, but I bet he stirs them, too! So he's not picking on Mehdi :)

Mehdi is no comfortable being challenged in any way by other people, see this thread here.
fsaekar said:
I'm just thankful I found SL.com before it became an ad-fest for fasting and now psychological self-help. A lot of the articles here are golden, and its Mehdi's bluntness about building muscle and losing fat that attracted me and probably 99% of the faithful here at SL.com. [...]

Here's to hoping that in 2010 SL.com stays true to its roots. Careful, Mehdi---we know you'd love to double your income again this year but it could come at a different kind of cost.
I think he is spot-on. But Mehdi didn't like that, and did not reply to any substantive point, basically told him to fck off ;)

I think stronglifts is a good programme for a novice training on their own without anyone to coach them, though doing 5 sets rather than 3 sets will lead to earlier stalls in progression. I don't think it's a good programme if you have a trainer or traning partner, you can do better things with someone else there to help you.

I wouldn't pay $347 a month to exchange videos with someone and hear their wacky ideas about fasting and self-help. But then I am sceptical of all online training, to really work with someone you have to be there. You can do some stuff, but it's limited.

His forum is useful to read, if only because some ordinary people have got relatively strong, and record it in their journals. As Markos says, a good number of them know more about lifting, diet and so on than the site owner. Good to read, not much reason to write in it, though.