• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Opinions on Stronglifts

to quote...........strong is strong..

if x approach is achieving in a broad sense more than their commercial template....then....dah

from shrek's sig "Don't spend much time listening to someone talk about something they have never done."

thats why markos rabbits on about what his clients have achieved. he is backing up what he is saying with hard evidence. the norm for the internet is 65kg "pencil neck" experts who will give you all the advice in the world with no experience to back it up. if you want more of that and less of the markos's then im not with you. i think people get pissed off at him because of their own ego problems, not because of anything markos says. but thats just my opinion.

This afternoon while waiting to meet a friend for lunch, I had a look over Flex magazine and others in the "bodybuilding" section. Lots of pictures of roid-pumped guys sweating with fake weights, an article on leg curls and... one on bench press.

"If you are avoiding bench press, you're missing out on great growth!" the article says. I'm glad they put that in there, we have a real problem in gyms that young blokes never want to bench press.

About 3/4 the mag was supplement ads. I think it was $16.95.

Whatever you think of Mehdi, he's better than that. The modern fitness industry does not set the bar very high, I'm afraid.

I hate talking about my lifts, my name isnt on any PTC record board.

I will always boast about what my clients achieve, unashamedly.

I get to see how hard they train, their joy at making a lift they never thought possible.

The mod asked me about my lifts, I told him they are in my sig like they requested. I told him I was approaching 50 and my lifts are not important, I'm a coach now, not a lifter, my lifters are what I choose to talk about.

After my last pm to him, which was incredibly polite and cordial, I can see they will ask me to leave, my type is not wanted around there.

I can see that they would be upset at my claim that lifters at PTC would lead all weight categories, that was only posted after Mr Tampon sent me a not very nice pm.

I figured the end was near, so I got a dig in, and that was the first and only one.

I did not post one disrestpectful thing, it all started with my post that lifters can in fact deadlift 3 x per week, that was the reason for Mr Tampons pm, I quoted results we had by training the deadlift hard. Deadlifting that often is frowned upon in Scientology land.

I'm guessing Kyle is going to win the money. He knew what was install for me though, if I was you guys I wouldnt pay up lol

Well, they banned me, and I butt heads with people less often than Markos, so... :)

They don't send you letters asking you to leave, they just ban you without a word, "banned" doesn't appear under your name as it would here, there are no announcements, you just try to log in one day and find you can't, and nobody knows where you went.

A bit creepy, eh.

Hey guys, im on the Stronglifts forum as a member, and i signed up here for a bit of variety, and also a guy named Austy told me about your site.

Im finding the program pretty good, my stats arent that great but ive only been on SL program 2 months 2 weeks:
BW 75kg
SQ: 115kg
Bench: 90kg (4rm)
DL: 120kg

Before I started this program, i didnt squat, didnt really bench, did DB bench for a couple months though and a lot of chest press and other crap... didnt deadlift either. Im not comming here to preach and say this program is great. I understand its not the program, but how determined the lifter is that makes you successful, and im pretty determined to get 140 for SQ, 100 for bench and around 150 for DL. Anyway, most of the guys on that forum are very polarised to sl 5x5 because its helped them realise they can train better than what they were doing before, or that its a simple program to follow and theyve gotten ok results from it. I think its pretty shit though that you guys got banned from pretty much nothing.

Id really like some more information about how some of you have gotten so good, i like to keep an open mind and get on the most efficient path to reach my goals. But i just thought id comment here and let you guys know not all SL guys are dicks.

BTW Ive seen your videos on youtube and im very impressed!

G'Day Munnings :) Good to see you here.

The SL5x5 forum has many many great attributes. There are plenty of encouraging guys, and it allows people to 'meet' others with the same interests and drives. Many of the guys (and girls) on there are happy to boost someone up when they've had a shit run.

But - it's main downfalls are that it is a forum that revolves primarily around one program. It's almost 'evil' to use another program until one has completely and utterly exhausted SL5x5.

At the end of the day, it has something like 10,000 members, so I suppose Mehdi has no choice to run it with an Iron Fist sometimes otherwise it would go absolutely nuts.

I have had a few moderators post in my log there and some have proven to be great blokes, with great numbers under their hats, who are happy to encourage new lifters etc.

I prefer AusBB because - it's for Aussies, and it has a good bunch of lifters who are extremely impressive.

Cheers,

Aaron.

good call. For example, i don't do sets of 20 squats...so i'm not seen as a lesser person around here. oh wait...yes i am. Apparently that's seen as the ONLY (or possibly the best) way to acheive any strength gains

Well done Munnings, good lifts, must be a lot of time sweating under the bar.

PowerBuilder, you are not inferior because you don't do 20 rep squats, you are inferior because you don't do anything more than 2 weeks in a row.

And also because it's so easy to get a rise out of you :p

PowerBuilder, you are not inferior because you don't do 20 rep squats, you are inferior because you don't do anything more than 2 weeks in a row.

And also because it's so easy to get a rise out of you :p

actually, mr 'i know it all because i'm becoming one of those drones called personal trainers', the oly lifting programs i've been working off, requires different days doing different lifts. One day focuses on x lifts another day doing y, another day doing z....so once again, stick that up your smith machine

You know PB, instead of firing up, go and shut everyone up by doing a decent workout and posting it in your log.

Actions speak louder than words.

Kyle never claims to be stronger than anyone or know more than anyone.

He is not the strongest guy in the world ( I am), but check the consistency in his training and the way that he sticks to a system that is bringing him improvements.

the rate is unimportant, as long as he's heading in the right direction, he's doing well.

Go through your journal and make an honest assesment as to your progress.

He is actually trying to help you, as is everyone else. Your being defensive because your frustrated that your not improving.

Just pick a f u c k i n g program that has bought great results for another lifter and stick with it.

It really is as simple as that, but can you do that????

I for one doubt it, please prove me wrong.

Except that Ghosty squats 140kg and benches 100kg, deadlifts 160kg, all at 60kg, and hardly trains lol

i'm becoming one of those drones called personal trainers',
Hoo boy.

I just spent six months on this site trying to improve the image of PTs. Please don't fck it up.
PTC said:
Except that Ghosty squats 140kg and benches 100kg, deadlifts 160kg, all at 60kg, and hardly trains lol
I have no idea who he is but I hate him already.

Ghosty is a legend on ns.com

When the weightlifting section started he weighed 60kg, back in 2006. He knows everything he needs to do, he simply cannot eat food, he still weighs 60kg, but his lifts have improved, but only slightly.

He does very little training, is shredded and can do 50 reps with bodyweight in the squat.

He has been flying and driving down from Brisbane every year for every comp, starting at AD07, the first ever comp.

He built my website and does all the work on it.

He totalled 539kg @ 60kg at BATB3.

He has done 20 rep squats with 100kg from memory, and surprise surprise, can squat double bodyweight lol.........easily

i finished reading the thread in ns.com a couple days ago. took me a few weeks to get through it - Ghosty reads like one of the worlds more special people but in a good way.