• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Have started learning snatches actually using Greg Everetts 10 step progressions.

Overhead squatting a couple times a week. Still shit at it....but its getting better quickly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

don't snatches hurt your shoulder, I was in pain other day with 40kg
I imagine the Actual snatch would definitely cause problems currently. But i can press the empty overhead then shift hands out to snatch grip, with proper internal rotation and squat it without feeling anything at all.

Something new to learn. God damn they are humbling exercise.

yes, a complex skill by weight training standards. but with flexibility work and practise you will be right.

I think so.

A few overhead squats are always good for warming up my hips and shoulders pre- HB squatting. Can actually bend my arm under the bar for HB squats after even just hold the overhead position for a while haha.

They are a but ****y initially. And for a while until you Really work them out. Then you start smoking them.

I did fronts the other day, got bruises now on both my shoulders. I did the criss cross hand method.

Clean and jerks look interesting, would be good to get into those.

You might want to learn to squat with a front rack if you want to learn cleans then haha. Its alot more stable.....just requires more flexibilty.

I use a front rack now, how else would i front squat? What i have noticed is i need to look in a mirror to get my foot positioning right once i have the bar on me because with fronts squats i can't look down at my feet. I took a guess the first time and my right foot was naturally placed about 20cm behind the left foot, way off.

Cross hand method is not front rack. Sure its racked on the front...but clearly im referring to the position you take when you receive a clean. IE the front rack position.

Ah ha now i understand your Bodybuilding Lingo;)

I tried the front rack arm position the other day and couldn't do it, feels completely wrong.

So its something i can get better at? Felt like my wrists simply couldn't get low enough or i had to lean forward to get them low enough.

Last edited:
Yep i reckon.
[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; is the man id talk to i reckon.