• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Mines 80 as well.

In late March there is the GPC state qualifier meet which is when I'll next test 1rm. If there's a GPC meet in your state, or if you want to test 1rm around the same time we'll go for absolute increase in kilos.

What are the big things that affect short term strength?

I was puzzled today as to why I did worse at the same workout I performed 4 days ago.

I was puzzled today as to why I did worse at the same workout I performed 4 days ago.

Lower calories or lower carbs than normal.

Lack or sleep.

Could be plenty of other things. Just put it down to a shit day and come back better next time.

You can't perform at your best all the time. The only weights that matter at the ones on special occasions and competitions. My deadlift can be as low as 160kg some days yet I did 190kg after a shit load of squatting and the same weight flew up at the meet, where it mattered! I'd drive myself crazy if I worried about every difference in strength over 4 days lol

Food, sleep, fatigue & mental state.

Lower calories or lower carbs than normal.

Lack or sleep.

Could be plenty of other things. Just put it down to a shit day and come back better next time.

Good nights sleep last night + Maccas, chips & a few slices of bread pre workout. Hit PBs on all exercises.

Sleep makes sense but can having carbs as little as an hour before the workout help? Not that I don't always eat before a workout, but I went a bit overboard today.

It will take more than 8 hours to notice a difference from carbs
In carb nite kiefer recommends eating carbs the night before training