• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So when do you start getting guns [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; ?

Well it's mainly my triceps, finding an exercise that works for them. They have come along quite nicely recently but it's very slow. I'm hoping 2015 they will be 16". Real 16" not those fatceps people think are 16" but in reality is just not having single digit body fat and bloat

Right arm got up to 16" at one point, now they look bigger than ever and it's just 15". Few %s of body fat make all the difference. 16" shredd should look pretty decent hopefully but I'd need to gain a good 10kg most liekly

How is the machine pullover better than the chin up? I thought chins would do everything it did, with resistance a little less even.

Well it's mainly my triceps, finding an exercise that works for them. They have come along quite nicely recently but it's very slow. I'm hoping 2015 they will be 16". Real 16" not those fatceps people think are 16" but in reality is just not having single digit body fat and bloat

Right arm got up to 16" at one point, now they look bigger than ever and it's just 15". Few %s of body fat make all the difference. 16" shredd should look pretty decent hopefully but I'd need to gain a good 10kg most liekly

16" is quite attainable, I reckon you could get it well before 2015
What exercises do you specifically do for triceps?

16" is quite attainable, I reckon you could get it well before 2015
What exercises do you specifically do for triceps?

I do a very high volume of reverse grip and close grip bench pressing
Then 2-4x a week, I'll do either skullcrushers with dumbbells or pushdowns with the bent bar that looks like a V. I try to do them as brotastic as possible, pausing at both parts of the movement.

It's hard to find an exercise that I really feel the burn in the triceps though. The reverse grip benching does it especially on Wednesday when I do a pyramid. For triceps isolations it's hard to find the right rep range as well. I've settled with picking a lightish weight and doing them rest-paused for 5 sets. So a set of 10, 15 breaths, set of 10, 15 breaths for 5 rounds.

If I go high reps, the weight is too light to feel it. Too heavy is no good either and it's hard to rack up decent volume with sets of 15 so I find these rest pauses ideal

nah I've tried them
the band pushdowns are good though
when I am eating to gain weight, I'll probably do a set of 100 before bed each night

The squat is good because everything under the eyebrows is fighting to keep the bar in place you little tip rat.

I cannot decide whether the dip or machine pullover are the real deal.

Squats are good no doubt but for most people wanting to look good squats don't do a real lot in my opinion. The give you a big arse and develop the upper thigh. They don't give most people great looking legs.

They do if you're built for squatting
Just the same as deadlifts being great for back- if you're built to deadlift

I do a very high volume of reverse grip and close grip bench pressing
Then 2-4x a week, I'll do either skullcrushers with dumbbells or pushdowns with the bent bar that looks like a V. I try to do them as brotastic as possible, pausing at both parts of the movement.

It's hard to find an exercise that I really feel the burn in the triceps though. The reverse grip benching does it especially on Wednesday when I do a pyramid. For triceps isolations it's hard to find the right rep range as well. I've settled with picking a lightish weight and doing them rest-paused for 5 sets. So a set of 10, 15 breaths, set of 10, 15 breaths for 5 rounds.

If I go high reps, the weight is too light to feel it. Too heavy is no good either and it's hard to rack up decent volume with sets of 15 so I find these rest pauses ideal

Do you think it's working for you?

Squats are good no doubt but for most people wanting to look good squats don't do a real lot in my opinion. The give you a big arse and develop the upper thigh. They don't give most people great looking legs.

Vince Gironda said this 30 years ago

Do you think it's working for you?

It's hard to tell because I am getting leaner
They are looking better than ever, that's for sure

I think maybe there is a little bit of growth. I won't really see a difference until calories increase. Even then it will take months for pictures to show a difference. Sure measurements will go up but we all know that means nothing

I think though, as long as I do a high volume of close grip benching and get stronger at that exercise and get a massive pump in the triceps afterwards, it's hard to think of why they wouldn't grow. It's just finding that exercise that gives the pump :D

I feel uncoordinated as fuck on skull crushers as well, a lot of strength gains will be just learning the movement before they really start doing the job. I was just throwing the weights around for most of my training before which did nothing

Chest has exploded even when dieting, just doing my benching controlled lol

Try tricep kick backs but using a pulley around waist height. They give me an awesome pump... Or you can use dumbells and rotate the wrist at the end.

I also like doing 21's on skull crushers. 7 to the nose, 7 to forehead and 7 over head