• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It is funny how threads are ruined with talk of drugs in steroids. Dont three of Australia's four powerlifting feds have drug testing. Yes, 3 of 4 fed have drug testing. Fact or not?.

I mean how stupid is such a comment that debate is ruined about drugs. Why would AusBB want to be a close-minded forum with taboo subjects.

Oh, because a few dont like hearing the fucking truth; that is that powerlifting and drugs have a history of going together. Again, that is why 3 of the four distinct powerlifting feds have drug testing. Because society is wising up to the consequnces of doing nothing.

Poeple need to wise up when they make their silly claims about what is silly and what is relevant and what is not.

Speak your mind, but dont hide behind the banner of dictatorship. Sort of defies the logic of wanting to be strong in both mind and body.

It is funny how threads are ruined with talk of drugs in steroids. Dont three of Australia's four powerlifting feds have drug testing. Yes, 3 of 4 fed have drug testing. Fact or not?.

I mean how stupid is such a comment that debate is ruined about drugs. Why would AusBB want to be a close-minded forum with taboo subjects.

Oh, because a few dont like hearing the fucking truth; that is that powerlifting and drugs have a history of going together. Again, that is why 3 of the four distinct powerlifting feds have drug testing. Because society is wising up to the consequnces of doing nothing.

Poeple need to wise up when they make their silly claims about what is silly and what is relevant and what is not.

Speak your mind, but dont hide behind the banner of dictatorship. Sort of defies the logic of wanting to be strong in both mind and body.

Spartacus.

I could be wrong, and I'm making no judgment, but from observation, I think the sport of PL, strongman, OL and, in fact any sponsored sport the goal is more about numbers and not really focusing on; "mind, body and spirit" as in health.

Is this generally the feeling?
Anyone?

3 of 4, I thought PA was the only tested fed?

What are the 4 feds

PA, GPC, CAPO???

Just curious I'm no anti steroid nazi. People can do whatever the fuck they want, pretty shit to stop people trying to talk about it though.

Spartacus.

I could be wrong, and I'm making no judgment, but from observation, I think the sport of PL, strongman, OL and, in fact any sponsored sport the goal is more about numbers and not really focusing on; "mind, body and spirit" as in health.

Is this generally the feeling?
Anyone?

Its a healthy pursuit and I think there are far less steroid users involved in the sport then most people think. It doesn't really attract those bro-type characters you find in gyms. Also I'd say from what I've witnessed and people I've known your average gym rat is usually involved in abuse not use. There is a difference.

Last edited:
There are 4 distinct feds, although some have sub-branches or addtional feds involved.

Powerlifing Aust has most rigid testing, backed by ASADa.

Aust Drug Free Powerlifting Fed pays ASADA for tests, albeit much smaller amount of tests with far fewer lifters.

CAPO, has a sub-branch AWPC, which offers an avenue of competition with random testing in comps, at least they did up to 2011.

Point is these feds obviously talk about drugs, and collectively have the largest proportion of powerlifters in Australia. So you see, drug talk is everywhere.

Last edited:
What is the "fucking joke" actually.

I'm just interested in your thoughts sticky.

The only issue I have is the random culling of posts.

Brick nailed it.

This thread should have been used to discuss a fucking strong guy, the guy that's going to break the all time 100kg total record, at an Australian competition. This is great for Australian powerlifting, and this competition is going to get world wide exposure.... It's already been mentioned by the staff at PL watch.

There could have been videos, programs, diets ect..... But instead it turns into a stupid fucking argument.

Now some American googles "Dan Green Australia" and stumble across this shit.

He is going to total close to the biggest equipped total in Australian history..... Raw FFS.

We have a steroid section for all this bullshit to go in, and Chris even started a thread there which seems to now be continuing here.

Last edited:
Sticky.

This is a general body biulding forum? people arrive at this forum with varying degrees of interest, so I think general "stupid" questions will be asked at all levels.

You take your sport very seriously, which is admirable, but don't you think a topic like this would go better at a site that is focused on powerlifting, like Markos's forum?

Is there a topic about Dan green there?
And if so, how is that discussion going, I don't go there much.

This is the internet, there is a lot of info and a lot of bullshit also.

Last edited:
kaz.

Up until now I have refrained from comment, but I feel your actions are more personal than impartial?

People outside of powerlifting circles might be interested in the sport and will be perceived to be ignorant, if this is just a general thread as most are and not an advertisement then I think conversation should run free if it not personally attacking a fellow member.

Even then, as with all conversation, it can go off on a tangent, I think it really divides a forum when random posts are deleted because you feel that certain comments are "bullshit".

I don't really understand all the Agro from you.

Kaz, what do you think?

Stupid questions aren't stupid to everyone, so there really aren't stupid questions. I'm not sure why you brought that up as I never said anything about questions.....

There is a thread there, and its going well.

Obviously there are members here, and many other forums that don't frequent ProRaw that may still be interested in seeing the best 100kg lifter in the world compete in our own back yard.

Instead, we have 9 pages of rubbish not even close to the OP.

To me, if a thread on the best 100kg lifter in the world can't even get 2 pages of replies, that is a very poor reflection on the powerlifting sub-forum. I'm not entirely sure why its turned to shit again, but if we don't do something soon, this entire forum is going to turn into ausMisc.com........ Though I'm sure more than a few members would be quite happy with that.

Sticky please move all this into its own thread so we can just have discussion abou dan green
this is all that needs to happen in these situations just mive it to its own thread :D

No, i am not saying that to you, i am just curious what SP has to say about the tone of the debate which started off with joe's post. I had asked SP this earlier.

I have no problem with posts and debate being moved, if there is agreement. It was never my motive to destroy the aim of the post.

Last edited:
Stupid questions aren't stupid to everyone, so there really aren't stupid questions. I'm not sure why you brought that up as I never said anything about questions.....

There is a thread there, and its going well.

Obviously there are members here, and many other forums that don't frequent ProRaw that may still be interested in seeing the best 100kg lifter in the world compete in our own back yard.

Instead, we have 9 pages of rubbish not even close to the OP.

To me, if a thread on the best 100kg lifter in the world can't even get 2 pages of replies, that is a very poor reflection on the powerlifting sub-forum. I'm not entirely sure why its turned to shit again, but if we don't do something soon, this entire forum is going to turn into ausMisc.com........ Though I'm sure more than a few members would be quite happy with that.

Yes it did start off pretty calm, except for the handbag fight between Spartacus and Bazza, others then joined in, maybe that should have been nipped in the bud, I don't know...

Which was started by an innocent question.

Anyway, I hope you can get him to your gym.

Goosey, i agree, but i had to respond to the critique of something i said on other thread. We all know what conversations are like. Many start off well, but then they, either slowly or quickly, digress a bit.

Sticky please move all this into its own thread so we can just have discussion abou dan green
this is all that needs to happen in these situations just mive it to its own thread :D
Why don't you just start an "Off Topic but Steroid related thread" in the Steroid section Poni.

Then all the shit fights over whether PA is clean, whether RES100 cures cancer etc can all be contained and dumped in there. :)

Brick nailed it.

This thread should have been used to discuss a fucking strong guy, the guy that's going to break the all time 100kg total record, at an Australian competition. This is great for Australian powerlifting, and this competition is going to get world wide exposure.... It's already been mentioned by the staff at PL watch.

There could have been videos, programs, diets ect..... But instead it turns into a stupid fucking argument.

Now some American googles "Dan Green Australia" and stumble across this shit.

He is going to total close to the biggest equipped total in Australian history..... Raw FFS.

We have a steroid section for all this bullshit to go in, and Chris even started a thread there which seems to now be continuing here.

100% agree with this. It's embarrassing that if someone googles Dan Green Australia that they have to read 10 pages of shit about steroids than how great a lifter he is and how much having him lift in Australia should do for the sport. I understand that it's a forum, and people are free to debate these topics but should be in another thread imo.