• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Oasis active

lol KungFooGoo, such a gentleman! lolol

Well, we can go to the park, along the river and all train together - then buddy can come too!

See? I am the United Nations of this board? The Switzerland if you will....:p

Unfortunately buddy is underage, l however will be able to take his place.
\
646186_o.gif

Hi Jo,

That's your best post yet (#76). You've certainly livened the place up in the last few days since you started joining in on the conversations. To that end I wanted to say thanks for dropping in and joining this little community. We're a pretty tight nit mob as you've probably figured out by now. But your openess, honesty and warmth radiates from your posts. And a little bit of liberal minded sexuality never goes astray... ;)

I personally have only ever dabbled in sites like Oasis. I'm married with a 6YO son but my wife was my first real partner so I often wonder what it would be like to have had lots of sexual partners. We're all animals with urges but to date I've not taken it beyond daydreaming. We've been together now for 18 years and I'm 41YO. And, oh, 36 isn't old. You're a sexy young spring chicken! :D

So welcome, and please remember to post some threads up on your body transformation goals and journey so we can help you on that path. There's already some really fantastic stories on here of guys and gals that have achieved much and we look forward to adding you to that number in turn.

Cheers,
Mike

Awww Mike, how sweet are you!? Thank you:)

You've been with your wife for 18 years? Wow, well my friend, that's amazing! Good for you!

And yes, I'm sure you do daydream..nothing wrong with stoking the fires ;)

Thanks for the welcome, I lurked for a while, but found inspiration here for my own goals and I will post, in time. I have read some of the amazing transformations and have been truly inspired.

Have lost alot of weight in the last year and still have some to go, but the advice and assistance I've already received has been so welcomed and I'm incredibly grateful for it already! Am at a point now, where I want to take it up a notch and include weight training to build my strength and tone my body as best I can now.

My aim is to be fitter, stronger and leaner. And I'll get there :)

In the midst of sourcing a gym in my area now, where the 22yo trainer doesn't recommend clenbuterol straight off the bat! lol Bloody SNAP fitness.

Once I've found the right gym, I'll start my strength training, in the interim, I'm continuing on with my interval training and cardio, until that time.

Fadi has some great threads about nutrition/beginners programs and some of the boys have given great advice to build up my non-existent backside.....lol So I'm pretty confident I've come to the right place for support and inspiration ;)

I am honest...and sexually very open, which is not always a great thing...but hey, it keeps life interesting! lol

Thanks Mike! x

In the midst of sourcing a gym in my area now, where the 22yo trainer doesn't recommend clenbuterol straight off the bat! lol Bloody SNAP fitness.

Once I've found the right gym, I'll start my strength training, in the interim, I'm continuing on with my interval training and cardio, until that time.

Sounds like a great plan. Clen! Bloody Gen Y Zizz wanabee!! ;)

I train out of Healthworks at West End which is operated by Jeff Lam. Very good gym but with a bit of a powerlifting / big muscle focus which may not be what you're lookking for. There's lots of good gyms in Brisbane so I'm sure you'll find one that fits your bill soon. If you're game to post the general area I'm sure we could assist with the known good ones in that vaccinity.

Can't wait to watch your journey and pitch in where I can. Everyone loves a good turnaround story!! :D Go get em gorgeous!!

Cheers,
Mike

I know right buddy...I didn't get past the 'introduction' with the idiot trainer who wanted to roid me up? lol

Is Mike not the sweetest human being on earth? Seriously! I think I'm totally crushing on you :p

I know right buddy...I didn't get past the 'introduction' with the idiot trainer who wanted to roid me up? lol

Is Mike not the sweetest human being on earth? Seriously! I think I'm totally crushing on you :p

which snap fitness was that? name and shame

mine is okay i guess. They let me drop deadlifts so thats good lol. Also let me chalk up all the weights/bar when deadlifting.

I'd say naming and shaming the brand as a whole would be more effective...

yes i don't really like snap fitness and all those 24 hours. But this gym is only a walk down the road so i don't really have any other choice.

2 of the pt's encourage me to lift heavy/helpful/offer spots ect. One of them deadlifts 220+...

They say nice squats when they see me squatting ect. the 220 deadlifter pt even laughs at all the zyzz wannabees doing half reps on dumbbell presses lol.

Oh and all the good looking birds there is a plus too.

The manager even bought chalk so i could use it lol... its a decent "gym" but not that great.

just like every big franchise - some are good, some are bad.

HA! this thread has got so off-topic on the way through, I'm not certain if I've actually posted this info before, so apologies if you're read this from me already!! :)

Dating Sites...ok.

Oasis Active (totally FREE) – member for just over a month now with 2 weeks away in Bali, usually a merry-go-round of 5 girls I'm actively talking to (some drop off, some come on), have met 3 in person (all very nice, and all exactly like their profile pictures, with the exception of the South African girl who was arguably better than her photos). You need to get face to face as soon as possible. Chatting online for weeks is just a waste of both your time, and is only 5% of real attraction anyway.

Rules for ANY site:
(1) spice up your profile, no-one is taking notes, so keep it real, funny, and short/punchy. Don't just tell them you're funny, show an example such as "I find it hilarious when..." – it's got to be YOUR style, and your humour, proven. Make sure whatever you write is firmly tongue in cheek, with traces of your real ambition...such as "I will accept marriage proposals initially, but for you shy girls, a date with a few drinks will have to suffice". I'm not saying use that particular one! You can't wing these from a book... it has to come from yourself, of course.

(2) I don't care how you do it, but get a few great photos of yourself. Don't have bad, old ones photoshopped – get some REAL photos of you looking your best, taken recently. Doing something active, without sunglasses, so your eyes are clearly visible, will win the day. Do not have a glass in your hand, do not have a mate in the shot, do not have another woman of any kind, or your children, within 100 metres of you! SMILE. If you are a hot looking guy (Pistachio), some of these can be relaxed.

(3) As Jo has noted clearly, HONESTY is definitely the best policy. I've been able to sort the chaff and wheat quite well because my background as a professional photographer gives me good skills to discern their photo's accuracy. So far, I'm batting 100% on that. I've had 2 women (1 Oasis, 1 eHarmony) who looked substantially better than their profile photos, which was a nice surprise. They both told me they had done that on purpose. I doubt many men are following that strategy!! ;) It is always worth getting a full length photo of your potential date, if she hasn't provided one in the profile. Not to be petty - but we all like to know who we are talking to. She should expect to see your's too (only fair).

(4) learn how to spell, and use correct grammar. If this isn't your strong point, get someone else to check it for you. Stating your 'intelligent' and then mis-spelling words, or using words like 'youse' will kill your chances faster than going to a job interview drunk and naked! But most people on this forum don't seem to have that issue.

(5) Do not go on endlessly about your previous life, or even that much about what you do now. Certainly don't talk about separation/divorce (unless it's "I'm divorced"). If you are living by yourself, and you don't have a partner, you are SINGLE. That's why you are on the site – so that's what you should state. See (1) – keep it upbeat! The smell of desperation is fatal in all cases.

(6) Do not be offended by rejection. Online dating means automatically wearing a rhinoceros hide into battle – you will get rejected by many women that you personally rate as 'perfect' for you. You'll probably get rejected by quite a few you rate well below too. This is a game, not an exact science. Have fun with it, take the good with the bad, and especially don't take it personally. Hot women on these sites may have MANY guys they are concurrently talking to. Rejecting your request may simply be a problem with numbers. Perhaps she is already dating (it doesn't take long). Or perhaps she's hooked up with an old flame in the meantime, who knows. Who cares?! Your job is to get out there, and keep pushing the Contact button until someone mutually agrees. When that happens, you'll forget every rejection from before.

Other sites?
eHarmony (about $30 a month) – This is a VERY involved process. It takes ages to get to meet anyone, and you cannot do your own searches – you are matched by a computer. Good for the ego – you'll get lots of matches each day. But getting out of the eHarm system and face to face with someone will take a month or more (my experience only). I think the quality of people does seem generally higher here, but you pay for it in time and money. However, I did meet one stunning woman here that almost turned into a longer term relationship after a few months (which is what I was looking for). Unfortunately, she was not.

Zoosk (about $20 a month) – just joined in February, but already talking to a spunky professional Russian girl and meeting her next week. The usual mix of liars and delusional though here – tread carefully. It will cost you to do anything worthwhile (chat online, send messages etc). Winks generally are a waste of time on any site, like this one, unless you are that hot looking guy (Pistachio) who can break through the chatter with your photo alone. Even then, you need to pay to start a conversation. And by then, you're hooked.

Adultmatchmaker.com – expensive, and (no offence) full of weirdos, IMHO. I never joined up because a cursory search of the members scared the living daylights out of me. Not a place for a fella like me to hang – but again, just my experience. If you love Golden Showers, fisting or ANY kind of kink, you'll have found a home for it here. Go get 'em tiger! ;)

Facebook dating (or GirlsdateforFree): I had heard this was a complete rort, and logged in to try a few weeks back. It is. Full of fake profiles - as soon as you join, before you've completed your profile or added a photo, you'll have 3-5 'hot' fake picture matches in your InBox waiting for you. Of course, to read them, you'll need to pay immediately. I cancelled my account 5 mins later. Complete waste of time - should I be surprised that FB let this go on under their nose?

Last edited:
Reactions: haz
Wow, comprehensive reply candy!

I'd say at the moment, that I am simply using Oasis to meet and chat to a few people. Not really looking for anything serious, but will see what comes of it.

If I get to the point where I can't find any suitable people in the real world, I might try a pay site like eHarmony. I don't think it would ever come to that though, I've been meeting lots of girls lately.

Just a matter of playing the single game for a while until I find the right one. Considering I'm just coming out of a rough relationship, I shouldn't really rush into another one for a while anyway. So just looking around for now :)

Yeah, this was more for others who might benefit really.

I'm 46 yrs old with a young child, you're 28 and free. Totally different 'markets', so to speak. :)

Wow, comprehensive reply candy!

I'd say at the moment, that I am simply using Oasis to meet and chat to a few people. Not really looking for anything serious, but will see what comes of it.

If I get to the point where I can't find any suitable people in the real world, I might try a pay site like eHarmony. I don't think it would ever come to that though, I've been meeting lots of girls lately.

Just a matter of playing the single game for a while until I find the right one. Considering I'm just coming out of a rough relationship, I shouldn't really rush into another one for a while anyway. So just looking around for now :)

good boy!

AM SOOOOOO proud of you right now I could kiss you!! lol

candyflip is right of course, with all he said. But let me tell you, I tried eharmony - BULLSHIT.

I met a guy last year...he seemed nice, was attractive, seemed to have his shit together, our dates were....omg unbelievable. He moved fast though...was talking about buying a house together on like the third date!!! (he was very wealthy)
I asked him to slow down a little. So he did.
The kissing was amaaaaaazing. I LOVE to kiss...passionate, sensual....mmmm delicious. But I refused to sleep with him. 10 dates in....all seemed to be going well (bare in mind, we had 10 dates in 3 weeks - I now know this is WAY too many) lol

On date 11...he held my hands across the table...kissed one palm...and looked up at me and said 'Jo, you're beautiful. Such an incredibly beautiful girl. I could see we'd have a nice life together, babies...a house, a wedding...all of it. I can see it. And I can see you in my future. But I'm conflicted about your.....size. And I'm not sure I can live with that"

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

On date 11!!????
After seeing me 10 times previously and begging me to fuck him...he says this on date 11????

I swear to god, I almost cried. I was so angry.

Needless to say, I left said date and deleted that fuckers number.

From time to time, I'll still get texts from him...7 months later asking if he can take me for a drink????

WTF

The opposite sex...is a mystery my friends...we will never ever understand one another. lol

But THAT kinda shit, I can do without in my life.

Anyway, good for you Pete! Am proud of you :)

But I refused to sleep with him.

Why? Honestly, after 5 dates, if you weren't into me enough to WANT to f8ck me, I'd be looking elsewhere.

If there's some medical reason or emotional issue, then of course - fair play and I'd guess he was aware of that and you'd had the 'talk'. But that isn't made clear here.....?

Minchia: OP wanted info on OA, but I decided to broaden the answer for others who might be interested. Most people don't use just one site in their travels and have some trouble constructing their profiles and photos.... Except pistachio... ;)

Last edited:
candyflip, we had 10 dates in like two and a half weeks????

Some of those dates were coffee catch up's sneaking out of work during the day...so not really an official 'date'. But we saw eachother ALMOST every day for just over two weeks. NOT GOOD.

AND I made it very clear to him, that I liked him and I wanted more than just a shag....I wanted to see the kind of man he was in the world, how he interracted, how he smiled? All of that. And we did spend time together and I was going to sleep with him, yes.

But really we only had two dates, where we were free to spend lazy time together and they were lovely dates. But I have a daughter and she is with me 24/7, so our 'dates' of an evening, always had a curfew and no, there was no way he could come up...if my daughter was home.

So for me, it wasn't the 'sex' thing. Although maybe it was for him? And if it was, then fair play. His issue and it wouldn't have worked.

Little does he know, he would have been a VERY satisfied man for the rest of his natural life ;)

lolol

Oh well...onwards and upwards!

I once went speed dating set up by RSVPdotcom, 4hrs of my life I will never get back.....

Why? Honestly, after 5 dates, if you weren't into me enough to WANT to f8ck me, I'd be looking elsewhere.

If there's some medical reason or emotional issue, then of course - fair play and I'd guess he was aware of that and you'd had the 'talk'. But that isn't made clear here.....?

Minchia: OP wanted info on OA, but I decided to broaden the answer for others who might be interested. Most people don't use just one site in their travels and have some trouble constructing their profiles and photos.... Except pistachio... ;)

I'll pass it onto my brother - I think he's using it at the mo! Poor guy has no time to go out and meet ladies!