• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No carb meals

yeah its all trial and error. hence im leaning towards giving this CBL a full crack.

I didn't do the prep phase when I started it properly a while back. I think that was a good call in my case but prep is probably good for most.

I still do it most days but don't do the fasting right now obviously (ie trying to eat continuously 24/7 am I lol)

interesting viv, carbs slow me down pre workout. all kinds too unfortunately. i train much better if i havnt eaten anything at all..the difference for me is unreal. energy is just constant on these sessions.

but needing to train at 7pm most sessions means i can only train fasted on weekends :(

Tried mct and / or caffiene preworkout?

All studies I have seen on pre workout MCT has seen negative affects. From memory, they were mainly endurance training though.

Also, quite a bit of talk on Lyle McDonald's forum about Keifer's recommendation for a 10day prep phase. Full glycogen depletion (and ketosis) should be completed within 3 days with some high rep training included in there so for those who don't want to go 10days low carb that is an option.

Does prep phase increase fats to replace carbs?

Kiefer gives options for a shorter prep phase that changes up training along with the diet to accelerate prep.

yes fats go up with the prep phase.

the book is an interesting read, Chris. Worth getting.

agree on MCT...haven't seen anything yet to convince of it's merits pre workout (except for people making claims about it anecdotally).

Red rooster is your friend... Half chicken with the skin... No stuffing for you!!!

Tastes shit loads better then yesterday's precooked chicken....

When in Keto I started my day with
4 eggs
2 sausages
Big pile of bacon
250grams of green beans or broccoli
(This was pretty good)

Lunch
500grams chicken breast
250 grams broccoli or beans
(Like eating cardboard)

Dinner
Steak
Salad with cheese
250grams broccoli or beans
(Pretty good)

Boring as Fark!!!! But very low carb....(need lots of broccoli and beans to keep things moving along)

I looked it up, half a redrooster chicken has 26g carbs. Kiefer suggests having 30g for an entire off-day, or max 10g at a time.

I don't think there could be 26 grams of carbs in chicken meat. The carbs would be the stuffing which you discard.

His opinion backed by nothing, he is ignoring all science and research done by others IMO.

His way will work for some people, but not all, I believe different things will work for different people.

For example I used to train with a guy years ago, we used to train the exact same split for about 12 month, 4 times a week religiously, many years ago.

He was eating Maccas for breakfast, KFC or huge take away shop burger for lunch with serving of chips and coke, and whatever he wanted for dinner, ranging from pizza to ice cream, on top he used to have TWO 2000 Calorie weight gainer shakes per day, that's 4000 calories of shakes alone, and beers several nights a week. Nil Cardio.

He was ripped as, I am talking ultra ripped with every muscle visible, abs, the lot.

I was doing the same training eating a lot less carbs and still looking soft till I started cutting carbs, so his diet worked for him, if I followed his diet I would be a 200kg marshmellow:D

So every person needs to find the diet that works, calorie counting does not work for me, and I hate life when ever I do it.

Eating low carbs again and definition is starting to show and body fat is dropping off. I am at the moment following a low carb diet with a refeed day once a week, eating carbs at night only one night a week after a HEAVY training session, usually after Squat or Dead Lift day.

Will stick with that as it works for ME and I find it easy to do, as I can delay any carb cravings till the refeed day, and organise it around my social life IE going out for dinner with friends or family, parties etc. So I feel I am not missing out.

So I do not believe there is one diet for all people.

Might give the whole CBL a run once I drop another 5 or 6 kg, and see how it works for me, but I am not sure I could actually eat that many carbs every night, I prefer the meals I am having now, as they are very satisfying and tasty:)

Last edited:
Matty: yep, the forward thinking way that retains as much LBM as possible. A guy I know is coached by him. He said the other day that "coach upped carbs by 5g and fats by 1g". That is some serious shit but this guy is pretty damn serious BBer.

Big Mick: I agree. Different diets work for different people. I don't know what you mean by "his way". His way is adjustable to the person.

His opinion backed by nothing, he is ignoring all science and research done by others IMO.

His way will work for some people, but not all, I believe different things will work for different people.

For example I used to train with a guy years ago, we used to train the exact same split for about 12 month, 4 times a week religiously, many years ago.

He was eating Maccas for breakfast, KFC or huge take away shop burger for lunch with serving of chips and coke, and whatever he wanted for dinner, ranging from pizza to ice cream, on top he used to have TWO 2000 Calorie weight gainer shakes per day, that's 4000 calories of shakes alone, and beers several nights a week. Nil Cardio.

He was ripped as, I am talking ultra ripped with every muscle visible, abs, the lot.

I was doing the same training eating a lot less carbs and still looking soft till I started cutting carbs, so his diet worked for him, if I followed his diet I would be a 200kg marshmellow:D

So every person needs to find the diet that works, calorie counting does not work for me, and I hate life when ever I do it.

Eating low carbs again and definition is starting to show and body fat is dropping off. I am at the moment following a low carb diet with a refeed day once a week, eating carbs at night only one night a week after a HEAVY training session, usually after Squat or Dead Lift day.

Will stick with that as it works for ME and I find it easy to do, as I can delay any carb cravings till the refeed day, and organise it around my social life IE going out for dinner with friends or family, parties etc. So I feel I am not missing out.

So I do not believe there is one diet for all people.

Might give the whole CBL a run once I drop another 5 or 6 kg, and see how it works for me, but I am not sure I could actually eat that many carbs every night, I prefer the meals I am having now, as they are very satisfying and tasty:)

Confusing post?

Not sure which video you watched?

You basically said the same thing.... Comes down to the individual and what suits?

I see that calorie counting does not work for you.... Nothing wrong with finding a dieting style that leads you into a calorie deficit by default.... Certainly would save the hassles of calorie counting...

He said the other day that "coach upped carbs by 5g and fats by 1g".

What a wank :rolleyes: Seriously I don't care how good anyone is its impossible to be this accurate with your diet, 1 gram of fat could be left stuck to your knife after you cut the steak, there is no way in the world that you can get your fat intake to less than plus/minus 1 gram. and your carbs to within 5 grams. The bloke has just proven himself to be a wank:p

And then what difference would 1 gram make??? I mean you brush your teeth for an extra 10 seconds and that gram is used up.....dick head is all I can say to anyone that prescribes upping fat intake by 1 fucking gram!!!

Last edited: