• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No carb meals

interesting. how about carb free viv?

zero carb? that's hard and possibly not so tasty but not impossible.

I made a super (almost zero) carb chocolate cake for a friend who has gestational diabetes. it was awesome. will have to make again and put the recipe up.

it's picking the flavours that is the fun part :)

spread chocolate love

Sounds like something they'd do at a mardigras after party?

Back on topic -

What are easy zero carb things to take to work, im really bad at preparing stuff. Obviously taking some deli meat or chicken is good for the protein column, but cant think of much for fats other than cheese or nuts.

Back on topic -

What are easy zero carb things to take to work, im really bad at preparing stuff. Obviously taking some deli meat or chicken is good for the protein column, but cant think of much for fats other than cheese or nuts.

Avocado?

Back on topic -

Red rooster is your friend... Half chicken with the skin... No stuffing for you!!!

Tastes shit loads better then yesterday's precooked chicken....

When in Keto I started my day with
4 eggs
2 sausages
Big pile of bacon
250grams of green beans or broccoli
(This was pretty good)

Lunch
500grams chicken breast
250 grams broccoli or beans
(Like eating cardboard)

Dinner
Steak
Salad with cheese
250grams broccoli or beans
(Pretty good)

Boring as Fark!!!! But very low carb....(need lots of broccoli and beans to keep things moving along)

Broccoli and beans for breakfast:eek:

Sounds like torture. Plus most sausages have a lot of carbs. From fillers and added sugar. Have found very very few sausages that are low in carbs. As a matter of fact have only found two out of all the ones available. And they are mostly out of stock in our local supermarket.

Red rooster is your friend... Half chicken with the skin... No stuffing for you!!!

Tastes shit loads better then yesterday's precooked chicken....

When in Keto I started my day with
4 eggs
2 sausages
Big pile of bacon
250grams of green beans or broccoli
(This was pretty good)

Lunch
500grams chicken breast
250 grams broccoli or beans
(Like eating cardboard)

Dinner
Steak
Salad with cheese
250grams broccoli or beans
(Pretty good)

Boring as Fark!!!! But very low carb....(need lots of broccoli and beans to keep things moving along)

Speaking of boring as fark, theres someone on the CBL forums who has eggs for breakfast, a pound of mince for lunch and a pound of mince for dinner. LOL.

Not are why people eat boring, we have nice low carb meals every day. Still losing weights so I am happy. :)

Perri Perri chicken with asparagus fried in butter and garlic. Today

Thai Tom Yum soup and garlic prawns last night.

T bone with Brussels sprouts and green salad before that

Sang Choi Bow etc etc

I pre-boil eggs and keep in the fridge, a few days at a time.
Nuts: I utilise walnuts for their high fibre and good fat content making them a good choice.
Tinned Tuna in oil
Almond Meal Cookies!!!! (Massive fat content in them babies)
Peanut butter - take it in its own small container if your weighing out quantities.
Add flaxseed or olive oil to your shakes.

My meals at the moment (roughly)

Lunch:
BBQ chicken 170g
Broccoli topped with Parmesan Cheese
Paul Newmans south west sauce or Creamy Caesar

Dinner
200g fish fillets, Salmon or Chicken
Paul Newmans Dressing
Broccoli topped with cheese
2 x free range fried eggs

PM: WPI Shake with flaxseed oil and psyllium

Snacks (I dont have all of these everyday)
Nuts (walnuts or raw cashews)
Tuna (no oil)
85% Cocoa Chocolate (smallest qty when craving chocolate)
Smoked Salmon slices on Flaxmeal Bread

Trying to keep the saturated fats low and staying away from sugar alcohols in Atkins style Net carb products.

Refeeding weekly on Saturday night

Back on topic -

i usually take meat/poultry/eggs/fish together with veg/salad and usually toss in some EVOO to dress veg/salad.
Often add seeds (hemp, sesame, pumpkin, chia, whatever), macadamias or walnuts.
You can add avocado, cheese, butter or even cream if making something with a creamy sauce.
Mayonnaise is also good,especially if homemade.

Thats cool, but relevant to this thread how?

Pretty much the exact opposite of what we are talking about here.

Umm, no carb meals in the evening, less than 50g carbs during the day, title of the thread is no carb meals, I gave an overview of what my meal plan is at the moment including no carb meals and that it is working for me. Not entirely irrelevant, and flows with the subsequent posts as well.

Umm, no carb meals in the evening, less than 50g carbs during the day, title of the thread is no carb meals, I gave an overview of what my meal plan is at the moment including no carb meals and that it is working for me. Not entirely irrelevant, and flows with the subsequent posts as well.

CBL is all about high carb meals in the evening and avoiding any carbs or food in the morning and having very low carbs during the day till after you work out.

basically no carbs during the day on training days. under 30gm. then lots of appropriate carbs PWO.
no carbs on off days. (under 30gm).
thats CBL in a nutshell. though there is more to it than that.

basically no carbs during the day on training days. under 30gm. then lots of appropriate carbs PWO.
no carbs on off days. (under 30gm).
thats CBL in a nutshell. though there is more to it than that.

yep that's the crux of it. plus workarounds if you train in the mornings etc.
I love it, although lately I have found that having some carbs (not a huge amount) pre workout has made a bit of a diff to training but most of them PWO.

Should start a thread about CARB Meals.
I'm getting bored of icecream and kingstons and pancakes.

interesting viv, carbs slow me down pre workout. all kinds too unfortunately. i train much better if i havnt eaten anything at all..the difference for me is unreal. energy is just constant on these sessions.

but needing to train at 7pm most sessions means i can only train fasted on weekends :(

I do all my KB training fasted (except my biathlon stuff if I do it after work).

Anything endurance based, I prefer fasted.
Also do well with weights fasted but usually train at 6pm so can't do that.

I keep to only about 15g of carbs or so pre WO and then load up PWO.
If possible, I keep the limit to 30g during the day but over recent weeks I've upped the amount from mid-late arvo only so I can get enough carbs in total for the day.

If i have a lot of carbs before my workout, I'm like you...sluggish. I feel best during the day with as few as I can get away with mostly.