• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

n00bs hCG diet...

At the end of the day everyone will react to this diet in diff ways - I myself can drop cals fairly low and still train and increase strength - not 500 cals low but still low.

Noobs will drop muscle, no question but will also drop plenty of fat/water I would say.

The biggest thing with this sort of diet and prob the thing I would be most worried about is that once you finish you will have to watch for a huge rebound...now Noobs could use this to put on some good size but then on the other hand I would say after this style of dieting within the 1st week or so after of eating normal you would prob look at putting 5kgs or so back on right away.

So is this something you will try and maintain by very slowly increasing cals again? - I think this will be a very tricky thing to do after eating only 500 cals for a month because as soon as you start putting more in your body will be sucking it up like crazy.

It's 30day vlcd. Then increase calories say 1500 restore glycogen then its back to training carbless post work out and general high protein whole food with slot of heavy lifting... Muscles will be primed to then intake maximum protein.

Today 104.2kg.. My goal is to increase my lbm while keeping body fat as low as possible.. 14% will keep me happy for the moment.

What are you actually recording (you seem to be recording wieght which is as i have discovered the worst thing to be recording)? If your not having your body composition analysed isnt this a waste of time? Im finding it difficult to track what your actually trying to find out? The variables must be a nightmare to account for.

I think im going to re-read this thread so excuse me if the answers to my questions have already been posted.

Edit: I just want to add that if your doing this for 30 days peoples reactions are very um... strange. People have fasted for longer than 30 days and survived.

Last edited:
...and survived.

Sheer survival is stupidity, the concern from people is how much lean mass and strength he'll lose. This forum is called "Australian Bodybuilding" not "Australian General Health & Fitness Look Mum I Walked Up a Flight Of Stairs Can I Have a Hug" it's based around being as big and or as strong as possible, not survival. People are here to perform at their BEST. People seem to forget this.

This is just another tool to get somone closer to their percieved "best" as fast as possible.

Mitch hit it right on the head.

The stuff Christian has been reading is NOT from Powerlifting Watch, I think its from those sickly forums he's on.

I see lots of value in terms of Christian's education, but zero value to forum members interested in a better body composition.

More muscle has been built by traditional methods (3 day full body workout) than every other method combined.

More fat has been lost by eliminating junk food and eating natures food than every other method combined.

Discipline is what is lacking from Christian, which he freely admits, so he resorts to this.

personally I wouldnt have posted this on here, maybe on his sickly forums or kept it private for his purposes only.

Christian, how have you logged your bodyfat % to check the results?

If I were you, I would have done the test where you get submerged, giving you a LBM number as well as a bf %

I suppose pics will give some indication, but its not ideal

How are you feeling

If someone lacks the discipline to eat clean food, how are they expected to stay sane on a sub 1000 calorie diet?

104.2kg

Other reason i went for this is i got my lab results back for intestinal permiability... Not good problems still there.

So the lack of consuming food allergins and lack of constant volume of food.. And just receiving nutrients needed for healing gut mucousa L-glutmaine, zinc selenium iodine will take a load of my digestive system and hopefully allow it to repair.

There are many different reasons for going the route i have chosen. It is not simply becuase im lazy or lack will power, there are other factors involved.

I needed to avoid food allergins/detox anyway.. Why good excuse to try something.

Nothing ventured nothing gained/or lost...

No point in keeping this a secret... I thought people would be interested to see the results and it would stimulate educated discussion on body functions. No bro science... Just what is, analyse and discuss results at the end.

I took measurments of every part of my body and did my 1rms the day before starting as stated they are in my sig. I feel my lifts will be a good determening factor of muscle/strength naturally. Obviously if i loose iinches off my waist and not my legs arms then its good.

I have body fat calipers here also... I cant afford to be submurged. I will get a dexa scan when finished.

Last edited:
If you are getting a dexa scan when you're finished, I think it would have been a good idea to get one at the start too.

But anyway, getting a dexa scan sometime is better than nothing, it will give you a very good reference point for future changes.

I've had 3 dexa scans now so have a good idea of what my body fat% is at all times, it's always higher than you think it would be.

If you are getting a dexa scan when you're finished, I think it would have been a good idea to get one at the start too.

But anyway, getting a dexa scan sometime is better than nothing, it will give you a very good reference point for future changes.

I've had 3 dexa scans now so have a good idea of what my body fat% is at all times, it's always higher than you think it would be.

Bit strapped for $$ currently..

Mitch hit it right on the head.

The stuff Christian has been reading is NOT from Powerlifting Watch, I think its from those sickly forums he's on.

I see lots of value in terms of Christian's education, but zero value to forum members interested in a better body composition.

More muscle has been built by traditional methods (3 day full body workout) than every other method combined.

More fat has been lost by eliminating junk food and eating natures food than every other method combined.

Discipline is what is lacking from Christian, which he freely admits, so he resorts to this.

personally I wouldnt have posted this on here, maybe on his sickly forums or kept it private for his purposes only.

Christian, how have you logged your bodyfat % to check the results?

If I were you, I would have done the test where you get submerged, giving you a LBM number as well as a bf %

I suppose pics will give some indication, but its not ideal

How are you feeling

what sickly forums are you referring to now?

I've had the pleasure of viewing your log on a few occasions, although never in the morning light.

I've had a good chuckle too, you do champagne comedy from time to time.