• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My home gym plans. Please rate.

Thanks fellas - anyone know who the muscle motion dealer in Melbourne is? Tried a number of searches and they all seem to be up north.

Contact Adrian direct at Gym Direct, freight to Melbourne is only $80.

If you need to check it out first, your more than welcome to come to PTC, others already have.

I'm in Frankston.

I bought the MMPR rack too - not the commercial one just the standard. Have been more than happy with it for my purposes.

I bought it online from Gymdirect and had it freighted down to Melb with no probs.

Lads: Rack will be ready by wednesday, my mate and I are going down to get it Thursday.

**** yes.

Cheers PTC - the site says $100 to Melbourne, then I would have to freight it from Melbourne to Ballarat. (By the way, kick arse gym - have you posted somewhere what you have written on the walls?)

I'll be buying a bench, weight set and power rack all together so I'll probably just get prices from gymdirect, fitnessexpress, gymandfitness and go with whoever is cheaper.

Get some pics up when it arrives hey oliver?

Wow, good on you man ordering that heavy duty rack! muscle motion make a great commercial quality FID bench if your interested and gymandfitness do some great deals on weight packages (dont forget to upgrade the bar to a heavy duty one for an extra $50).

If you get everything from the one place they'll do a deal for you too.

Yeah, I'll paid the rack after a day or two and take a couple of photos - also I plan to film my 170kg squat.

RACKS UP

Discoveries: The rack is locally made - with the rust off I can see the onesteel logo on it and an actual standard bar has been made into a pull up bar. However, the rack has been designed for a 6' standard bar, which creates a couple of problems:

- Its 35" wide. This creates no problems for me at 6' though.
- The frame is too close at the back preventing you from squatting at the back. At the front, the frame isn't long enough to counterbalance pull ups.

My solution was to bolt it into the floor, but dad wants to put some wooden beams in the holes of the frame to act as a counterbalance, which is going to be ugly as **** but it'll work.

If anyone can think of a better idea than this please suggest it.

I'll take some photos tonight. I'm still happy with my purchase and it looks quite nice with my avanti bench. Next up I'm getting a 120kg bar package from gymandfitness or gymdirect (whichever will be cheaper) and call it quits.

Last edited: