• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

muscles in a fight

O

olfa

do the size of your arm muscles have any relation with how hard you punch? just wondering

olfa, have a look at the average boxer and you'll see their arms aren't really large in size but muscular and well defined.

More power comes from how you hit and the power of the shoulders.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm more into bodybuilding than boxing.

I'm into boxing and i can tell u that arm size doesnt matter.

Power comes from 2 things.

1.The natural all round size of a guy. You'll find bigger guys punch a lot harder.

2.Balance and technique. Throwing a punch is like building a bridge. It starts from the bottom and builds up through the body and peaks at the tip. Get all the nuts and bolts in the right place and the power will come.

Look at Danny Green. He was once regarded the hardest puncher in the super middlewieght division in the world, yet his arms are frighteningly skinny.