• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

muscle motion vs powertec power rack

6'0 you short ass Oliver :). Personally I just bought a 120 dollar body solid used cage. But it has to go outside till I move so I wasn't putting in lots of
money to rust some good equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device

ok, i got gymandfitness down to 1085 for the force usa with lat pull down and freight included.

Good deal? should i go for it?

ok, i got gymandfitness down to 1085 for the force usa with lat pull down and freight included.

Good deal? should i go for it?

Could be a good deal, depends really...

What do you actually get for your $1085 and where is delivery to?

Force USA Package (comes with addrd dip attachment)

Power Rack & Lat Pull Down System - Force USA

Without Lat Pull Down - $595.00 (discounted from $700.00) Free freight!

With Lat Pull Down - $765.00 (discounted from $999.00) Free freight!

Force USA Flat / Incline / Decline Bench - $320.00 + Free freight!

Total - Without Lat Pull Down - $915.00

Total - With Lat Pull Down - $1085.00

Delivery is to sydney 2210

Last edited:
You don't need a lat pulldown it's really a waste of money which you could spend on more plates. Bent over rows, dumbbell rows and pullups will hit them well. Tricep pushdown wise can easily be done with a barbell, dumbbell or
using dips or close grip bench.
Posted via Mobile Device

Your money mate, if you think it's worth it then do it!

I will second what Dave said though, spend your money on more plates or food.

For 170 you could probably grab 50-60kg of weights that will be something you will eventually have to invest in in the near future (I have just had to buy 100kg recently). Really a better deal would be a rack with a flat bench and a lot of weights and a quality barbell. Talk to gymdirect and see what they can do. You do not need the fancy add ons even if you feel like you are getting a bargain by bringing the end price down in the end it is more money spent on something you will (or should) use less.

Yep, talk to both gymdirect and gymandfitness and then compare what you can get. If you really want the force USA one then just tell them you want more weights instead of a lat attachment.

- 10% discount don't forget. Force USA seems stronger but I think they would both do you well. I have yet to hear anything bad about the MM rack.

Hi all,

Anyone have any personal experience with the Force USA rack?

I went to gymdirect today and checked out the MMPR which I was impressed by, however if the Force USA one is of a better quality then I might get it instead.

I'm going to get rack, lat pull down (I want one for triceps and rope/grip work), 117.5kg of plates, 20kg oly bar, dip attachment and FID bench.

Anything else anyone thinks I need?

I've been pricing the 3 main options:

Cyber-market - Cheapest price
Gym&Fitness - Force USA (Slightly more)
Gymdirect havent - Muscle Motion (Most expensive)

Drifter,

I'm familiar with most of the models you pointed out. Tbh I like the MMPR the most.

Imo you're going too far on the accessories - skip the lat pull down, they wont be much use for you when you can do pull ups and chins, also any lat pulldown that isnt commercial is gonna bust itself.

Skip on the FID bench too, unless its the muscle motion ultimate bench. Most are dodgey at a low price range and the force USA look shonky as. I ditched my avanti FID bench (supposedly good quality) and got a muscle motion flat bench instead. Best decision ever.

With the extra money you have from those changes upgrade to a 1500lb test bar (heavy duty) or get more plates. I have a 700lb test bar at home, it bent with 220kg on it...

http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/3-Package-Deal-_-Power-Rack--+-FIBEV-flat-incline-bench-+-Olympic-bar-+-80kg-Olympic-weights-$1095/530.htm

Best deal on that rack imo. These are the things Id get:
- upgrade bar
- ask for a commercial quality flat bench instead of FID
- get x 1.25s, 2 x 2.5s, 2 x 5s, 2 x 10s, 2 x 15s and with any money left over as many 25kgs as you can afford
- Get dipping attachment if thats your go

Also consider the commercial muscle motion package from gym direct. By the time you get more plates its not really that much more, and if you're serious you'll probably get one anyway in the long term.

Last edited:
Listen to oli he makes some good points. If you want extra tricep
work do close grip benches, board presses, floor presses, dips, skullcrushers etc you do not need to spend more on a lat pulldown.
Posted via Mobile Device